• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Important DDI downloads

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
Wait, what? (Oh, do you see what I did there? Well, probably not since you're done with this already... ;))

Ok. So you're obviously all out of argument already. No worries. But that doesn't mean I don't have something to say about it. And I'll thank you kindly not to decide for me with what it is I am going to agree or disagree.

"IP is IP." Hmm... So what you're trying to say in the "I can't really be bothered to come out and explain myself" kind of way is that Wizard's reserves the right to do whatever they want with their property, even if its not the best or noblest thing to do. Fair enough. I suppose I could change part of my statement from "...should be made available..." to "...would be nicer if they made it available for customers who actually paid for their actual products instead of charging us again for bonus material.". Or is that morally wrong of me to suggest something like that as well?

But realistically, they probably won't do this because they have customers like you who are willing to go along with and defend whatever they decide because doing otherwise would simply mean betraying the beloved Brand and the company who carries its Standard. And as long as they see customers paying for anything that they put behind that subscription wall and making money from it, they're unlikely to see anything wrong, or to be more precise -- see a better way to make use of their current business model. As for the rest of us who still purchase their products but refuse to give in to any additional fees for useful materials they could easily offer as a reward for people who still buy the merchandise (remember web enhancements?) and support their efforts in other ways, I guess we're left to whine about it on the forums, like this one, and endure the simple comments and not-so-kind remarks from other gamers, like ourselves.

Ah, well. I guess I've decided we shall both be done with this now. No tag-backs! ;)

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer
Wait, what? (Oh, do you see what I did there? Well, probably not since you're done with this already... ;))

Ok. So you're obviously all out of argument already. No worries. But that doesn't mean I don't have something to say about it. And I'll thank you kindly not to decide for me with what it is I am going to agree or disagree.

"IP is IP." Hmm... So what you're trying to say in the "I can't really be bothered to come out and explain myself" kind of way is that Wizard's reserves the right to do whatever they want with their property, even if its not the best or noblest thing to do. Fair enough. I suppose I could change part of my statement from "...should be made available..." to "...would be nicer if they made it available for customers who actually paid for their actual products instead of charging us again for bonus material.". Or is that morally wrong of me to suggest something like that as well?

But realistically, they probably won't do this because they have customers like you who are willing to go along with and defend whatever they decide because doing otherwise would simply mean betraying the beloved Brand and the company who carries its Standard. And as long as they see customers paying for anything that they put behind that subscription wall and making money from it, they're unlikely to see anything wrong, or to be more precise -- see a better way to make use of their current business model. As for the rest of us who still purchase their products but refuse to give in to any additional fees for useful materials they could easily offer as a reward for people who still buy the merchandise (remember web enhancements?) and support their efforts in other ways, I guess we're left to whine about it on the forums, like this one, and endure the simple comments and not-so-kind remarks from other gamers, like ourselves.

Ah, well. I guess I've decided we shall both be done with this now. No tag-backs! ;)

Well you could whine about this divine injustice in a separate thread without hijacking this one - thread forking is just one little click away. Good look with your crusade in any case.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads