• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Important DDI downloads

gjnave

First Post
I just bought a 1 month subscription to DDI (i do this every so often). THe last thing i dl'd was the Scales of War Adventure path...

Whats some important things I should dl while i've got my subscription? Any other great Adventure Paths?

Cheers!

The Little Raven

First Post
Go into the issue archive and download every single back-issue of Dragon (364-394) and Dungeon (155-185). Those are the ones with compilation issues. January 2011 (and going forward) will not have compilations, so you'll have to grab the articles individually.

Mithreinmaethor

First Post
what do you mean "compilation issues"?

You will go to the archives and open up each issue in a separate tab.

Each issue will show you a table of contents but you will notice a button by the cover image that says to download the compiled/complete issue.

That is what you want

shadzar

Banned
Banned
Well if you want them, be aware that Dragon and Dungeon articles are no longer compiled, so you will have to get anything individually after that point.

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
All the maps and artwork you can get your hands on.

Maps are of particular interest to me since 1) its the only way to get quality maps from official products without the annotations, and 2) I do most of my gaming online. I really despise the fact that they keep these behind the DDI subscription wall in an effort to justify its value. Its not as if its costing them anything extra to make, as I'm sure the images already exist in some digital format before the product is actually printed. I shouldn't need to pay extra for a few digital images for supporting a product I've already paid for once. Just irritates me to no end.

UnknownAtThisTime

First Post
I really despise the fact that they keep these behind the DDI subscription wall in an effort to justify its value. Its not as if its costing them anything extra to make, as I'm sure the images already exist in some digital format before the product is actually printed. .

I know what you mean. After a print run of any old book is done, the publisher should just make free digital copies for whoever else wants the material from it.

Wait, what?

OnlineDM

Adventurer
I only got into D&D about a year ago, and I had heard discussion about the Scales of War adventure path, but I assumed it was a product that you had to buy. I didn't realized that it was part of a DDI subscription via Dungeon magazine!

Is there a good resource that specifies which issues of Dungeon have the adventures? Or do I just need to download all of them?

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
The listing I found (via the Adventure Path filter in the Archives) indicates which issues they came from. Specifically 156-168, and 170-175.

I also had no idea what it was about, exactly. The only reference I'd seen to it was in the character builder 'Backgrounds' section. I grabbed them all today, independently of my issue archive. A lot of the encounter and monster math will be out of sync with current thinking, but it might still come in handy someday. Like if I ever take a blow to the head and decide that 'Dragon War' is a good theme for a campaign*.

* I'm only knocking it because I had a DM that turned EVERY campaign into a Dragon War (think Dragonlance novels meets a Greyhawk/FR mashup homebrew), and I now hate it thoroughly, just as a general concept.

Last edited:

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
I know what you mean. After a print run of any old book is done, the publisher should just make free digital copies for whoever else wants the material from it.

Wait, what?
That is neither what I said nor what I implied. I was referring specifically to the map images without the metagame tags or marks which should be made available to those who purchased the products. No more. No less.

Nice try.

Remove ads