Important! Interview opportunity - what do you want to know about the GSL?

JVisgaitis

Explorer
Mike_Lescault said:
It won't be this week for sure, sorry about that. But don't cancel the wedding yet!

I am hoping sooner rather than later, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that it won't be ready next week either.

Oh, and congrats. =)

Thanks! That long? Wow. I thought it would be a lot sooner especially considering Scott Rouse's post. Other than being impatient, I guess there really isn't a rush. Not like I don't have our 4e line up planned anyway. I'm just curious what to do with our back stock. Is there any other info forthcoming sooner? I know when Morrus first posted, he said there was a podcast and other details coming from you guys the next day and we never got any of that unless I missed it.

Last edited:

JVisgaitis

Explorer
jmucchiello said:
Actually, I just assumed you were honeymooning down there. Are you getting married at the Wedding Pavilion? That's one of those places at WDW I'd love to see but you can't just wander in off the street. Enjoy wearing the tophat ears. :)

We're actually not getting married through Disney. We're getting married at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cyprus in downtown Orlando. We didn't do the actual Disney wedding because with the amount of guests we had, it would have been over $10K which is just insane.

jmucchiello said:
But look on the bright side: JV won't miss the announcement during his wedding/honeymoon.

True that! :)

BSF

Explorer
JVisgaitis said:
I'm getting married in Disney and our hotel doesn't have internet access. If you can convince my soon to be wife that I need to find a place that has internet access so I can find out about the Open Game License, you're welcome to try... ;) She loves D&D and plays with the rest of our group, but I'd feel bad even asking her considering the circumstances.

To continue the complete threadjack - Congratulations! I hope you and your wife have a great time and many, many happy years together ahead of you.

Flynn

First Post
Congratulations, JVisgaitis, you lucky man! You sure have her fooled, don't ya? ;)

Seriously, I wish you guys the best, and I hope you and your bride have a wonderful time at WDW.

Enjoy,
Flynn

JVisgaitis

Explorer
BSF said:
To continue the complete threadjack - Congratulations!

I actually feel kinda bad about the threadjack thing... Thank you though.

Flynn said:
Congratulations, JVisgaitis, you lucky man! You sure have her fooled, don't ya?

Indeed. I had to put ALL my ranks in Bluff. :)

Flynn

First Post
Oh, then to get this thread back on target, let's try this:

Q: What do I want to know about the GSL?
A: At the moment, I'd like someone from WOTC to set a reasonable expectation for publishers and fans as to when they feel they will be able to provide the answers to the questions ENWorld has sent them earlier this week.

Does that help?

With Regards,
Flynn

jaldaen

First Post
Although we don't have anything official about a "grandfather" clause for OGL products in the GSL I would like to make one suggestion to WotC if they do decide to put one in:

Please have the grandfather clause kick in for anything producted before Oct. 1st rather than when the GSL is signed. I ask this mainly because if it kicks in when the GSL is signed then a "dead zone" for product release is created between the time a publisher signs the GSL and Oct. 1st when they can finally release 4e related products.

Thanks,
Joseph Miller
IANAP (I am Not a Publisher) ;)

Flynn said:
Q: What do I want to know about the GSL?
A: At the moment, I'd like someone from WOTC to set a reasonable expectation for publishers and fans as to when they feel they will be able to provide the answers to the questions ENWorld has sent them earlier this week.
Wasn't Mike_Lescault's response good enough for you? He basically said 2 or more weeks. With that time frame, how much more accurate could he be? A better question would be to reiterate DaveMge's request about how many hands the questions will go through before release. Mike might be able to give us a ballpark figure on that.

Goobermunch

Explorer
jmucchiello said:
Wasn't Mike_Lescault's response good enough for you? He basically said 2 or more weeks. With that time frame, how much more accurate could he be? A better question would be to reiterate DaveMge's request about how many hands the questions will go through before release. Mike might be able to give us a ballpark figure on that.

And to me, that's beginning to sound a lot like "We know you're not going to like what we have to say, so we're sandbagging it."

Must say, I'm losing my faith in WotC.

--G

JVisgaitis

Explorer
Goobermunch said:
And to me, that's beginning to sound a lot like "We know you're not going to like what we have to say, so we're sandbagging it."

Tell me, if that is the case, what is the advantage in them "sandbagging it"?

Goobermunch said:
Must say, I'm losing my faith in WotC.

Great we lost another one! :lol:

Remove ads