• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

in alphabetical order...(need more! see babombs post at end)

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Nalfelshnee

The heroes manage to defeat the Glabrezu and escape with the Book of Names. Unfortunately, there was a back-up ward on the Glabrezu itself. Upon its defeat, the demon lord Jannex the Hunter was alerted.

Jannex called upon the Reaver in Scarlet, a Nalfelshnee experienced in dealing vengeance upon Jannex's enemies. Jannex sends the Reaver to retrieve the Book of Names, a relic Jannex has long sought since it contains the true names of several powerful celestials.

The heroes now must contend with the Reaver in Scarlet and his retinue of lesser demonic minions, a cadre of half-demon/half-gnoll ranger/assassins.

Next up: Marilith!

Last edited:

Morpheus

Exploring Ptolus
The party, upon finding out the identity of their malefactor, hires a sage to get them some information of the Reaver in Scarlet. The sage finds out that the Reaver has an ancient enemy named Enidicozyys or "Enid"-a marilith of some power. The party sets out to try and summon "Enid" to help battle the Reaver.

Up Next...Balor:eek:

Last edited:

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Balor.

Ahem.

There once was a Balor named Boris
Who was said to be hung like a --

STOP THAT THIS INSTANT YOUNG MAN!

Sorry Grandma Noah.

Hmmm. Back to the hook.

The party has defeated the demons and can finally relax. If there is a paladin or good-oriented cleric amongst them, they will want to take the book to the appropriate thological authorities. If not the Church of Pelor (or whomever) will offer a substantial sum for the book or a magic item of suitable power. However, all is not well. A balor has heard of the book and knows roughly where the party is. Foolishly underestimating the group, the balor teleports in, summons dretches and teleports back home, not wanting to bother with the party (or, to be accurate, not wanting to risk the party getting in a lucky shot).

The balor's is now known to the party and as such he can be scried. The party may still be out of their league, but there is a chance they can pull this off. This balor (who is named K'zall) has the bad habit of keeping his +1 vorpal greatsword hanging on a mantle within easy reach. However "easy" reach does not mean "instantly". K'zall will wait a day after the party has dispatched the dretches, and try again with a summoned nalfeshnee. If that does not work, he will attend to matters himself. However this gives the party a two day window to go on the attack.

K'zall's habits and tactics can be known to the party if they make a Knowlege (planer) check of DC 20.

If the party suceeds the Book of Names is finally theirs to hand over free and clear.

Next: Destrachan!

edit: crumbs. I didn't read the previous posts. I editied this one to tie it in.

Last edited:

Damn, you beat me to Balor. I had a really cool scenario, too, about a massive stone bridge in an dwarven mine, and there's this wizard...

*Collapses under a hail of rotten fruit* :D

alsih2o

First Post
any adventuring party underground can come upon this one.

a destrachan has taken as its lair an underground cavern of basaltic glass. after the long period occupying this area the destrachan knows every nook and cranny perfectly- including which areas of the ceiling are most likely to collapse if it wishes to attempt this tactic.

should we do all the devils or just a few that include more than one type?

after demons devils and dragons the rest should seem easy :)

Angcuru

First Post
mouseferatu said:
Damn, you beat me to Balor. I had a really cool scenario, too, about a massive stone bridge in an dwarven mine, and there's this wizard...

*Collapses under a hail of rotten fruit* :D

DIE!!!!!:D *brings out trebuchet loaded with watermelon* Don't make me use this...:cool:

Morpheus

Exploring Ptolus
Rumors come from the Forest of Deeping Shadow that a mystical nexus has opened a gate to the Nine Hells. The local leaders scramble to organize a party of adventurers to investigate. The party travels to the nexus and find that the rumors are true...to a point. Roaming around in the glade are hundreds of lemures and imps that seem only interested in battling each other. After allowing them to fight for awhile, the party kills the rest and closes the gate. Moving along...

Up Next...Devourer

the Jester

Legend
Devourer:

The party is contacted by a frantic king whose bride's soul has been taken and must be retrieved- quickly. Success earns the group the king's gratitude and knighthood; failure earns banishment and the king goes mad with grief.

alsih2o

First Post
digester- a local volcano has become active again and the group of minor league clerics sent to investigate and make appropriate scarifices has disappeared. upon investigation it appears that the heat from the volcano (and the demonic remains within that helped form it) has mutated a small clan of digesters, who spit molten fluid instead of acid*

*best used against a party that has done some research and prepares themselves with some acid resistance

next is dinosaurs-

Morpheus

Exploring Ptolus
While travelling through the jungle on a river raft, the party goes over a set of falls into a giant valley. Living in the valley, seemingly Lost out of Time, are dinosaurs. The party has many madcap adventures before they finally find a way home from a lizardman adept that wants them to leave his once tranquil Eden.

I knew Saturday morning cartoons would be useful when I grew up. ;)

Next Up...Dire Animals

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads