D&D 5E In an adventure called Dragon Heist I want only two things...

... a dragon taking a starring roll as a dragon, and a heist.

I don't care whether the dragon is our mark and we're trying to steal its loot without fighting it, our client and we're trying to steal back its eggs because it's being blackmailed with them, or even the treasure and we're trying to rescue a baby dragon from a zoo or circus or a polymorphed/petrified dragon so it can be turned back.

How is this hard to not mess up?

Last edited:

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus

I don't care whether the dragon is our mark and we're trying to steal its loot without fighting it, our client and we're trying to steal back its eggs because it's being blackmailed with them, or even the treasure and we're trying to rescue a baby dragon from a zoo or circus or a polymorphed/petrified dragon so it can be turned back.

How is this hard to mess up?
Dragons Eleven?

How is this hard to not mess up?

I mean, yeah, it's not a hard concept. It's not a hard campaign to design, conceptually, but I guess sometimes you design the campaign first and come up with kinda-bizarrely-misleading title for it later.

plisnithus8

Adventurer
The disappointment I felt after playing it (and then also DMing a different villain) was the lack of a heist so I went and homebrewed one.
Also I’m looking forward to Black Cats Gaming’s The Spy Game being released.

Retreater

Legend
I was initially put off from running this for my group, but they begged and bought me a copy. I'm notoriously hard on WotC adventures, and I hated the concept of this one based on what I had heard, but ...
First, there is most definitely a Dragon. It's sitting on a pile of a half million gold coins. It's literally in the adventure. You do have to beat the dragon through combat, subterfuge, etc., to get the treasure. It's in the adventure. Did you read it?
Second, concerning the Heist. A heist is defined as a robbery, looting, or theft. (This is the actual dictionary definition.) Coming in to steal gold from a dragon, which it has been charged to protect in its vault, meets this description.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases