• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IN GORM GULTHYN'S HALL

Tom Cashel

First Post
After slaying the Spawning Mother of the troglodytes, Selune's Champions move quickly to the Hall of the Father of Battles, there to rest for a short time.

Velm peering dubiously at the pool of scummy water
"Didn't we suspect that this pool connects with the place where the deepspawn dwelt? Perhaps we should move quickly to the Hall of Gorm Gulthyn...he is the Protector, after all."

Last edited:

Bronn Spellforger

First Post
OKAY! The curse is lifted ... and the war is nearly over.. but as I see it we've got a couple of problems:

1) Who is this Ooltugula we keep hearing about? He must be upstairs.... I think he needs to die.

2) The dragon is still loose. Aside from the treasure we'll find there, she needs to be destroyed before dwarves can come back here.

3) Corpsecoil. He's going to try and make a lich out of the Shield Coil and try and get out of his cage. This is bad.

Those are our problems. Here's my questions:

1) Now that the curse is lifted, should we try and go down that other passage across the cavern and meet with my uncle and his dwarves? They'd be good allies in this struggle.

2) The Corpsecoil... Temuel Khiv (for Cara and Roman -- a Paladin and sworn enemy of the Corpsecoil) should know he still lives. Should we leave him alone for now and come back with Temuel (or even let Temuel handle it on his own later) or handle it ourselves? That drum trapped him in their once... maybe we can trap the both of them in there again..

3) This dragon is going to wipe the floor with his... even King Iolar over there almost got killed by that thing in the pit, and the dragon is stronger, faster, and tougher. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Van Dyksun

First Post
Need to Rest

I think we need to regroup. I apologize to the company for my first decision as the new leader--I think I was still heady from the heat of the forge and our new weapons and armor and believed that we were invinceable. That 'mother' was nearly the final death for both Roman and I, and only the quick thinking work of Saeita, Bronn, Velm and Cara carried us through.

Let us check out the Hall of Gorm Gulthyn and see if there is a pool there as well. (OOC: I'm going to "take 20" on picking that lock, Matt--er, that is as long as we're not going to have to meet something. I know you don't want to do a battle on the boards here.) Someone watch the passage behind us. I'm not sure how much longer the door that Velm spiked is going to last.

If Gorm Gulthyn's Hall doesn't have a pool, let us hole up here and identify what we've found and make new plans. Bronn's brought up a bunch of things that are going to keep us busy in thought for a few nights.

Bronn Spellforger

First Post
Van Dyksun, I nominated you for leader, so you're only insulting my decision by your words. You lead us to victory, don't forget that. Believe me, ranger, with my super intellect, I rarely make the wrong decision. :)

OOC: I'd like to take Wolf out and let him splash in the water (if he wants) and find him some food.

Hey... looking at Wolf here, I've got the makings of a plan on how to kill that dragon.

OOC: Glen! I'll e-mail you the plan and pass it along to the others... Matt will never know what hit him. :)

Tom Cashel

First Post
Wolf: You oaf! I'm not swimming in that rancid water!

Selune's Champions move down the passage (the clinking on stone from upstairs is getting louder...) to the doors marked "EYES OF FIRE."

Van (takes 20) and manages to pick the lock after about a half hour of work, while everyone gets nervous and urges him to hurry.

Inside (see map), there is a central chamber containing a six-foot statue of Gorm Gulthyn, the Fire-Eyes. There are three smaller chambers around the statue: one is an armory (all mundane weapons, some masterwork, inquire if you need something), one is a meditation room for priests, and one is a small barracks (only four bunks) with shelves holding six sealed and stoppered vials of Alchemist's Fire.

You lock the stone doors behind you. There is no pool; seems safe enough in here.

Last edited:

Bronn Spellforger

First Post
Alchemist's Fire! Now we're talking! We ran out of this stuff a week ago.

If we're holing up here, I'd like to Identify the wand and the ring, if that's alright with everyone. Any other items that should get priority? Keep in mind, I only identify the basic functions of the item.. (OOC: So Roman's +2 Sword of Swiftness could only be identified as a +2 Sword).

Van Dyksun

First Post
Excellent

Before we hole up in here, can we do something outside this room, making back in the deepspawn pool, to make it look like we took the water exit (or teleported, or something else)? By the looks of things here in Golm's Hall, the trogs were never able to enter here, so I want them to think that we're not here anymore (i.e., redust the area before Golm's doors, make sure any light we have in Golm's Hall is not going to be visible to the larger room outside, etc.).

If they think we've left, they won't be expecting us coming up the stairs later. :D

Van Dyksun

First Post
Devious...

...but I like it.

However:

I'm not sure the tests are still present in Moradin's Hall. I'm assuming that the statue would prevent a trog from closing down the forge, now that we've restarted it, though.

Van Dyksun

First Post
Regarding Identification

What are all the things that we don't know the properties for? Some of us have figured out what some of these things do (for instance, Roman's sword). I think the wand and the ring are likely to be the things we want to identify, but I just want to make sure we aren't missing something here.

Let's do a bit of an inventory here as well. What options do we have for meeting this dragon, which I sincerely do not want to do head on, given our past and recent experience.

Remove ads