D&D 5E In need of a particular magic item...

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
Oh man... I hope they don't know that when they open it :)

There will be a pair of guardian Solars who will attempt to discourage the PCs from messing with it, but as this thing has been trapped for an eternity they're no longer certain exactly what it is, just that it needs to remain secure. Setting the PCs up for a nice conflict.

Ulfgeir

Hero
There will be a pair of guardian Solars who will attempt to discourage the PCs from messing with it, but as this thing has been trapped for an eternity they're no longer certain exactly what it is, just that it needs to remain secure. Setting the PCs up for a nice conflict.

So once they open the "bottle", can they put the "Genie" back in? Well, I guess that in itself would be a worthy quest...

I'm thinking it's tardis like. Small on the outside but grows on the inside to accommodate whatever needs to be contained.

Makes sense, I guess it just needs a large enough aperture for the Tarrasque to exit - or maybe it sort of teleports it out but that's somehow less cool/terrifying. You could have fun with a like human-size portal opening, and then it just keeps getting bigger!

der_kluge

Adventurer
There's an artifact, called the Apparatus, or Alchemists Apparatus. If you have access to a Book of Artifacts, you'll find it in there. Basically, two people go inside, and it transfers one mind into the mind of the other. It has other powers as well. Far too complex to go into here. But it sounds perfect.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
There's an artifact, called the Apparatus, or Alchemists Apparatus. If you have access to a Book of Artifacts, you'll find it in there. Basically, two people go inside, and it transfers one mind into the mind of the other. It has other powers as well. Far too complex to go into here. But it sounds perfect.

That does, unfortunately I’ve set things in motion a bit differently and the tarrasque thing is making me smile :)

Coroc

Hero
I was working on a campaign that basically involved these cultists who planned on using the Apparatus to transfer the intellect of their leader into the body of a Tarrasque.
Make it go sideways for a twist, make it transfer the mind of the tarrasque into their leader instead, or in addition. So the humanoid tarrasque now wants to trample cities all the time.

:p

Remove ads