D&D 5E In need of a particular magic item...

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
My players are going to be given a quest to find a one-of-a-kind magic item that’s kind of like sensory deprivation tank but that basically separates a creature from time and space. It needs to have room for a couple of people at least.

I’ve looked through the DMG and another magic item book I have but nothing seemed to fit the bill. So I was wondering if there was something in the history of D&D that would suit, or failing that someone might have a good name for this item?

BlivetWidget

Explorer
My players are going to be given a quest to find a one-of-a-kind magic item that’s kind of like sensory deprivation tank but that basically separates a creature from time and space. It needs to have room for a couple of people at least.

I’ve looked through the DMG and another magic item book I have but nothing seemed to fit the bill. So I was wondering if there was something in the history of D&D that would suit, or failing that someone might have a good name for this item?

I assume this is 5e? Sounds to me like you're describing a mix of Sequester and Demiplane. I would just make your own item and look to those spells for inspiration if you need it, though it sounds like you know what it needs to do. If nothing else, the spells could inspire a name for you. Plane of Sequestration. Put in the name of the object to suit. Diadem of Planar Sequestration, Rod of Isolation, Staff of the Forgotten, Tome of the Elsewhere, etc.

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
I'm thinking the "Sphere of Tranquility" - sort of the polar opposite of the Sphere of Annihilation :)

Just remember to make it bigger!

Sphere of Annihilation is not nearly big enough to fit two people... at least before they're disintegrated! ;)

Sphere of Tranquility is a great name.

If you want to get ominous, make it a sarcophagus named the Tomb of Silence (with latches to make it obvious the device is supposed to trap things inside.)

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
Sphere of Tranquility is a great name.

If you want to get ominous, make it a sarcophagus named the Tomb of Silence (with latches to make it obvious the device is supposed to trap things inside.)

As my players will be a level 20 when they go looking for this thing, it will definitely already have an occupant/prisoner... A tarrasque!

Remove ads