In need of Cheese Build for 10th level PC Help.

Ok I am a relative amatuer when it comes to creating cheesey power gamer pc's. I am looking for some help in designing a 10th level PC Using any combination of published classes/rules for D20 D&D. Limitations are only that you cannot gestalt(sp?) a prestige class. I look forward to receiving several "broken" characters that will sunder worlds and bring gm's to their knees. Bwah ha ha ha. ( I DM a low magic game and this game will be run by one of my players I Hope to convince them that there is a reason a DM doesnt allow every single rule/feat/class equip into his game.)

Hopefully I have some kindred spirit Dms out there.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

I forgot ability buy is 28 pts base of 10 1pt per increase. for example you could have 2 20's and 1 18 and 3 10's. Or any combination there of. This will probably help in designing the PC. Thanks.

Last edited:

Kafkonia

First Post
I'm confused, is this a Gestalt game? If so, consider the Cloistered Cleric class as one of your two classes. It's a better choice than regular Cleric as long as you gestalt them with a character with d8 or better HD, medium or better BAB, and some weapon familiarity -- those are the only penalties that the Clositered Cleric has compared to a regular one.

In fact, you might like this as a gestalt:

Cloistered Cleric/Battle Sorcerer

Take the Stalwart Sorcerer alternate class ability (from Complete Mage). This, combined with Battle Sorcerer, gives you d8+2 hit points per level (which averages the same as a d12 hit die), weapon focus with one martial weapon, and a few other bonuses. You lose a few spells due to being a Battle Sorcerer, but the way that Stalwart Sorcerer is worded you don't actually lose much of anything from it (since it says your spells can't be dropped below 1, which is what you'll have as a Battle Sorcerer anyway.)

This gives you 3 domains (one of which must be Knowledge), good hit points, a medium BAB, divine and arcane spellcasting abilities, and decent combat abilities. If you're a human, you can take Medium Armour Proficiency and Battlecaster at first level and be able to cast arcane spells in medium armour too.

I haven't tried it myself, and my books are at home, but I'm pretty sure that'd be a fairly potent combination.

ETA: Heck, at 10th level, don't forget goodies like Divine Metamagic!

Last edited:

perhaps I am confused about what a gestalt character is. Doesnt that mean I get to merge 2 classes together and take all abilities that do not overlap or duplicate from each class? So if I gestalted say Knight with cleric I would get the divine spell casting ability and good will save skills etc and from the knight i gain good BAB fort save HDd12 feats and class abilities?

The thing that I lack is the vast library for all the alternate classes, feats and spells to know how to get the maximum cheese from them. That is the main reason I posted. If I am mistaken about the gestalt rules then please explain to this newb.

thanks

Thanks for the link that has been very helpful. I am leaning towards Knight Cleric but have heard crusader is better or even Marshall. Id like to be a big damage dealer in melee and a buff/healer secondarily. Any and all advice welcome.

Last edited:

Kafkonia

First Post
Gorin Stonecleaver said:
Thanks for the link that has been very helpful. I am leaning towards Knight Cleric but have heard crusader is better or even Marshall. Id like to be a big damage dealer in melee and a buff/healer secondarily. Any and all advice welcome.

Marshall is a buff person for people who (like me) don't like bards. I'm not sure it's what you're looking for.

I definitely suggest Cloistered Cleric for what you're looking for. Say you did Cloistered Cleric/Knight. You'd get:

From Knight:
-d12 HD
-Good BAB
-Martial weapon proficiency and armour proficiency
-Knight's Challenge

From the Cloistered Cleric:
-3 domains (including the Knowledge domain), divine spellcasting, spontaneous cure spells
-Good skill points and class skills (all Knowledge skills are class skills thanks to the Knowledge domain.)
-Turn undead

Note that the Knight doesn't have a good Fort save, he has a good Will save.

Moab2

First Post
All I know is that it doesn't get cheesier than the floaty shield idea. Make sure you give the character a floaty shield, even if he can't use it. No card-carrying cheeseburglar should be without one.

Kahlenar

First Post
My advice, make a Spiked Chain Fighter.

Feats: expertise, imp trip, exotic weapon prof, combat reflexes, dodge, mobility, elusive target, agile riposte, and then heck, you have 2 more feats open to you (spring attack, power attack, cleave)

Gestalt? Gestalt that with...anything. Cleric, Sorcerer, Rogue, anything unlike a fighter to get the max for your gestalt tradeoff. Maybe go Sorc and grab arcane strike.

After this is all set up, buy potions of enlarge person. Your reach will go out to 20 feet to make AOOs and trips

Just a thought though, there is no reason to disallow any feats that have appeared in any of the WOTC books, because, while they may seem unbalanced, think of it this way: you can always give your NPCs these feats too.

Edited for the NPC's

Last edited:

Remove ads