In Remembrance--2011

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Are some of these death references starting to be a bit obscure? Do some of them need to be mentioned on a gaming/fanboy message board?

When I began these threads, as Dead Celebs, back in 2003, 2004, and 2005, I tended to list fairly well known celebrities and even some obscure ones if they had some sort of genre-cred (even a costumer from an early sci-fi flick might be added) but I encouraged folks to include anyone they wished to commemorate. It's informative and, after all, it does no real harm. I turned things over at Gencon that last year and I'm glad the tradition has continued. I find out about folks from a variety of backgrounds and when I read a recent obit I tend to do a little extra research and learn even more.

Villano

First Post
Director Don Sharp died on Dec. 18th at the age of 89. Sharp directed several Hammer films including Kiss of the Vampire, Rasputin the Mad Monk, and Psychomania as well as British tv series like The Avengers.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
That is why this thread exist...a major humble thanks to all, who has helped.
Not "starting to", there's a multi-year history of obscure death notices here. I felt the same way at first, but have come to appreciate being introduced to interesting people that I never even knew existed.

Remove ads