IN REMEMBRANCE--2021 AD

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
Cynthia Harris, who played Paul Reiser's mother in Mad About You and starred in the miniseries Edward and Mrs. Simpson, died Sunday. She was 87.

MGibster

Legend
Gary Paulsen, author of Hatchet, dies at 82. I read Hatchet on my own in 7th grade back in...well, never mind how long ago that was. Okay, it was 1988 and the book had been released just two years earlier. It's about a boy who crashes in the woods in a small airplane and is forced to survive on his own. A hatchet may or may not have been crucial to his survival. There was a movie adaptation in 1990 I never heard of and I just learned there are four other books in what became a series.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Gary Paulsen, author of Hatchet, dies at 82. I read Hatchet on my own in 7th grade back in...well, never mind how long ago that was. Okay, it was 1988 and the book had been released just two years earlier. It's about a boy who crashes in the woods in a small airplane and is forced to survive on his own. A hatchet may or may not have been crucial to his survival. There was a movie adaptation in 1990 I never heard of and I just learned there are four other books in what became a series.
I was already 20 when Hatchet came out, so it was too "young" for me, and as such never read it. But my sons both read it, and I think both enjoyed it. RIP Gary Paulsen

Remove ads