• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In what order do you rank the LOTR films?

In what order do you rank the Lord of the Rings films?

• Two Towers best, Return of the King second, Fellowship of the Ring third

Votes: 0 0.0%

Kai Lord

Hero
A lot of people share the same tastes as to which film they like best, but is it the same for which film they like second best as well? Assume that for each chapter, its whatever version you prefer (EE or theatrical).

Thanee

First Post
FotR obviously had it easiest, because there is so much in it, that the other two movies simply do not have. The whole story build-up just rocks. A solid first place.

RotK was a very enjoyable movie as well, but the build-up of the story in FotR simply beats it. Also it has some not so great moments, like when the undead army sweaps over the battlefield.

Two Towers was just an average movie, while the other two were both really good, so that's third place by far for it.

Bye
Thanee

I'm going to have to say RotK, FotR, then tTT. RotK just moved me a lot more than the others...though, when I think about it, I'd put both RotK and FotR at even. tTT wasn't BAD, just not as GOOD.

Orius

Legend
I don't rank them, as I consider then to be just one big long movie.

Yes, I'm being a pain in the ass. So what? :)

deeFYnt

First Post
Orius said:
I don't rank them, as I consider then to be just one big long movie.

Yes, I'm being a pain in the ass. So what? :)

Yeah, I agree. It's really hard to separate them, because without key elements in two towers for example, return would suck. Still, it's pretty clear two towers was very few people's favourite.

Kai Lord

Hero
Dark Jezter said:
Wow... at the time I'm making this post, there are nearly 30 votes and nobody thinks that TTT is the best. I'm kinda surprised.
Its also interesting to note that even though no one likes it the best, 1/3 of the voters like it second best.

Last edited:

Remove ads