• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Incomplete list of classes that can find magical traps

Tayne

First Post
Edit: Ahem... I mean *disable* magical traps, of course. See below.

My group always used to hate someone being forced to play a rogue to find traps, so we were all very happy to find that the alternate class feature in Pathfinder would allow you to shunt that responsibility over to another class.

Examples of this include
Bard with Archaelogist, sandman or Detective packages
Ranger with Trapper
Alchemist with Crypt Breaker

Edited to include:
Urban Ranger
Sorcer variant Seeker

What am I leaving out?

Last edited:

alientude

First Post
Anybody can find magical traps in Pathfinder. Trapfinding or a similar ability is required to disable them. That said, here's two more:

Urban Ranger archetype (Advanced Player's Guide)
Seeker archetype (Pathfinder Society Field Guide)

Tayne

First Post
Anybody can find magical traps in Pathfinder. Trapfinding or a similar ability is required to disable them. That said, here's two more:

Urban Ranger archetype (Advanced Player's Guide)
Seeker archetype (Pathfinder Society Field Guide)

Ah, yes... That's what I meant, I was just testing you. Heh...

Tayne

First Post
Huh. Interesting. I thought the trapper's traps weren't nearly as useful as the ranger spells.

I tend to agree with you. I guess they A) wanted to alleviate some ranger multiple ability dependency (14 wisdom required to cast all ranger spells) and/or B) just wanted to try something different. It doesn't hurt that it you technically can have that AND infiltrator, an alternate class I actually like.

rand0mguy

First Post
My group always used to hate someone being forced to play a rogue to find traps, so we were all very happy to find that the alternate class feature in Pathfinder would allow you to shunt that responsibility over to another class.

Examples of this include
Bard with Archaelogist, sandman or Detective packages
Ranger with Trapper
Alchemist with Crypt Breaker

What am I leaving out?

Where is the Crypt Breaker from? I like the idea of making a variant rogue type alchemist.

Last edited:

Tayne

First Post
Where is the Crypt Breaker from? I like the idea of making a variant rogue type alchemist.

Inner sea magic i think? I'm not sure what the rules/ettiquette is on linking to or mentioning where I found it, but it should be safe for me to say I saw it on a wiki.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads