WotBS Increasing difficulty for 6 players (4e WotBS)

Erywin

First Post
Glad to be of assistance, the newest version of it really rocks. Plus the Monster Builder has been fixed now too. I just finished inputing Shealis' stats. If people are interested, I could upload the database as I go along. I would do the individual encounters, but then they would have the PCs in them as well. What I love is that I can add additional monsters and there is a box at the bottom of the monster database that will tell you what level the encounter is for 4/5/6 player parties. Great for what I am having to do.

Heh I am actually adding in an extra boneshard and minion into the Dead Rising encounter, though I am going to use the expanded layout that was posted on the main page. I have also lowered the boneshard explosion power's damage to 2d6+4 instead of 3d6+4, should even things out.

Excited about playing this Sunday.

Cheers,
E

sfedi

First Post
Flaganus Mortus: Level increased to a level 4 solo controller
I added a Brute drake, disguised as an injured Wyvern.

White Wyrms: Increase # of gaurds and bandits by 1 each
This encounter has plenty of possible increases.
But I suggest that you remove the traps, or relocate them.
As they are, they don't present a threat at all, and they are counting for the XP.

Dead Rising: ?? More Minions, don't want more boneshards
I've added another Wight and made the map bigger by adding a fallback area close to the entrance. Smart lpayers would force the undeads to come to them.

Erywin

First Post
Wish I had added the injured drake in there, as it was Flag was a push over, just not enough actions to really threaten them, plus his big ability missed 3/4 people. Oh well good to know for next time something like this comes up.

The White Wyrms encounter was really rough with the extra Bandit and Gaurd. As it was I had to stagger when the mage/dragon came into play otherwise it could've been a TPK. Heh, got three dagger throws from atop the crates with CA, dropped the tank in one round... Was a very long fight but the party won out in the end, was nearly close to killing a few folks, definitely dropped a few after the cleric forgot to heal the tank... Everything had been a breeze up to this point so it was good to give the party a run for its money. Traps didn't get tripped at all, was a pretty stationary fight, came about a square away from getting the tank once, but he turned around and the archer finished off the fleeing guy.

I will think about the wight, had considered it myself, we shall see how it plays out. I am already planning on doubling the map by basically mirroring it on the other side, so it looks more like a T.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
E

Erywin

First Post
So gamed last night, short session and only really got through one encounter, though it was Dead Rising. They managed a win, if only barely, they ended up calling for help and I rolled a few dice and had Torrent appear running to their rescue. She promptly healed a bunch of folks and blinded some bad guys, then the party retreated with out her and she got pummeled. Thankfully they charged back in and managed to dispatch the last of the exploding skeletons. I am sure that the encounter wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have a bunch of new players, still handing them suggestions every once and a while so that they don't just stand their with dumb looks on their faces.

To tone down the encounter a bit I threw the exploding skeletons at them in waves of two, which definitely helped. The party is now all 2nd level, right before heading into the next set of encounters, so hoping they can stand up to a bit more. Though it is going to be a month or so before we play again :(

Cheers,
E

Remove ads