D&D General Index of Dungeons and Dragons Monsters?

khantroll

Explorer
Years ago, I started an overly ambitious project: the ultimate monster manual. I wanted to compile the most all of the data regarding all of the monsters I could into one set of homemade books. Well, having decided that I hate myself enough I've decided to revisit this insane idea.

Back the, I think I started with either the 3.5 Monster Manuals or the Monstrous Compendiums. But this is the age of the internet, and that got me to thinking:

Does anyone know of master index of Dungeons and Dragons monsters?

Because of the restrictions of the OGL SRD, I don't think you'd be able to find a legitimate master index, as many of the monsters aren't included in the SRD and therefore can't be reprinted (or re-indexed) elsewhere. There will definitely be homemade indexes, as it would be an amazing resource, but I have a feeling they'd be in the shadow of WotC and in a potential grey area.

jaspert

Villager
D&D Beyond has a searchable Index of all the official 5E monsters. You can view the name, CR, type, size and alignment for free (you don't even need an account). If you want the actual stat blocks you need to buy them.

oreofox

Explorer
I had a link bookmarked to a site that had every single 2e AD&D monster in it (included stat blocks). I tried going there again back in July but it had been taken down.

I think if it is just a list, with a source listed of where it's been located, it might not be too bad. But if the statblocks are included, that's when you get into the iffy area.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases