• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Info about the Mystical Wanderer PrC (MoF) needed!!!

The Cardinal

First Post
someone mentioned that this PrC from Magic of Faerun grants a Cha-based AC modifier... now: this sounds like the perfect PrC for a Sorcerer or Bard...

Questions:
- what are the preqs for this PrC?
- how is the spell progression of the MW?
- what is the PrC's main purpose?

Chun-tzu

First Post
It's not really going to do much for sorcerers or bards, as it requires the ability to cast 2nd level divine spells. Spell progression is good, but applies only to divine spellcasting classes.

Shaele

First Post
It's been a while since I've looked at this book (and I don't have it in front of me), but I'm sure that the prerequisites include clerical spellcasting abilities.

It's really meant to be a "wandering priest" template, you get a Brew Potion feat, a familiar, and increased clerical spells as you level. Great for a cleric, probably a very difficult choice for a sorcerer given the clerical caster prerequisite.

Artoomis

First Post
Its requirements might nix this idea, but it sounds like a good munchkin class to take one level if you are a Paladin - Cha bonus to AC - cool.

Last edited:

novyet

First Post
Artoomis said:
Its requirements might nix this idea, but it sounds like a good munchkin class to take one level if you are a Paladin - Cha bonus to AC - cool.
I think that you can only get that bonus if you aren't wearing armor, it may be light armor only but I can't quite remember.

Xahn'Tyr

First Post
You need Iron Will and a bunch of ranks in Diplomacy/Alchemy/Nature as well. And yes, you only get the CHR bonus if you are wearing no armor/shield. It's not a bad option for clerics though. The familiar, gem magic, and potion brewing are all handy; and your spell progression is not hindered at all. I spent several levels in this PrC, of course with my 10 Charisma, I'm still tromping around in full plate. :D

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
The Cardinal said:
someone mentioned that this PrC from Magic of Faerun grants a Cha-based AC modifier... now: this sounds like the perfect PrC for a Sorcerer or Bard...

Questions:
- what are the preqs for this PrC?
- how is the spell progression of the MW?
- what is the PrC's main purpose?
That someone was me. :cool:

Prerequisites: nonlawful; Alchemy 3 ranks, Diplomacy 8 ranks, Knowledge (nature) 3 ranks, Perform 3 ranks, Profession (herbalist) 3 ranks; Iron Will; ability to cast 2nd-level divine spells.

Spell progression: Advances your previous divine spellcasting class at +1 level per level.

Main purpose: Charming, brewing potions, divine spellcasting.

:p

Sorry if it isn't what you're looking for. :)

(And yeah, Cha bonus to AC only if you don't wear armor.)

Remove ads