• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Inner Circle] Races of Violet Dawn Announced

JVisgaitis

Explorer
The Inner Circle debuts its 4th Edition support with our Races of Violet Dawn product line coming later this week. Our first entry in the series focuses on the skarren, a new playable race for 4th Edition campaigns that can easily be dropped into any setting.

Rough and bestial, skarren were born from the spilled blood of the war god Krüg. Blind to their origins, they live hard lives that flow with the cycles of nature and the elements. The true focus of their existence, however, is combat. In all their travels, it is the thing they seek most, and their ambition is little more than to fight, mate and die gloriously.

Inside this PDF are the complete rules for adding these brutal warriors to your game, 7 new racial feats, a racial paragon path called the Blood Reaver, and the skarren's favored weapons and equipment.

Races of Violet Dawn is presented in the same full color art style we are known for and includes a light ink version for easy printing.

racesofvioletdawnskarren.jpg

Last edited:

Mean Eyed Cat

Explorer
Sweet! Question: Will The Lorebook of the Broken Isles be updated to 4th edition? I have been seriously considering buying the 3.5 edition book and using it for our campaign. However, we're currrently running a 4th edition game.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
We never intended to release them, but they have been done for years. Its something I'll talk to the guys about and we'll consider it. Would anyone else want a 3e version of this?
I would want a compiled Races of Violet Dawn v.3.5 with multiple races in it as a print or POD book. Think like the old Mythic Races v.3.0 sourcebook from Fantasy Flight Games.

That would be a great book for either a v.3.5 or 4e Violet Dawn campaign, IMO.

JVisgaitis

Explorer
Sweet! Question: Will The Lorebook of the Broken Isles be updated to 4th edition?

We don't have any immediate plans, but we've certainly talked about it. There honestly wouldn't be a lot to update as most of the Lorebook is fluff. We also have a great module called The Black Wind that was written by Wil Upchurch that we never released. Its very likely we'll do it, I just don't know when.

JVisgaitis

Explorer
I would want a compiled Races of Violet Dawn v.3.5 with multiple races in it as a print or POD book. Think like the old Mythic Races v.3.0 sourcebook from Fantasy Flight Games.

Mythic Races was a great book. We are planning on compiling all of the races into a POD book once they are all released, so we have you covered there.

Brutorz Bill

First Post
Sign me up for a 3.5 edition of this!!!! My group isn't doing 4E, so please think about doing these up for 3.5!!
By the way The Violet Dawn monster book is my favorite monster book in my entire collection (and I've got most of them!!)

JVisgaitis

Explorer
Sign me up for a 3.5 edition of this!!!! My group isn't doing 4E, so please think about doing these up for 3.5!!
By the way The Violet Dawn monster book is my favorite monster book in my entire collection (and I've got most of them!!)

Thank you. I'm glad you like it. :) For those of you that want 3.5 versions of this, would you care if we released it under the new Pathfinder License instead of the OGL?

Remove ads