• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Inner Circle] Races of Violet Dawn Announced

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Mythic Races was a great book. We are planning on compiling all of the races into a POD book once they are all released, so we have you covered there.
Woohoo!

Does happy dance!
As long as I can get a 3.5 version.

Sign me up for a 3.5 edition of this!!!! My group isn't doing 4E, so please think about doing these up for 3.5!!
Yes! Yes! Yes!

What he said.

By the way The Violet Dawn monster book is my favorite monster book in my entire collection (and I've got most of them!!)
While I can't say it's my favorite, I can say it's in the top 5, which includes the Monster Manual, Tome of Horrors (v.3.5), and Creature Collection: Revised.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Thank you. I'm glad you like it. :) For those of you that want 3.5 versions of this, would you care if we released it under the new Pathfinder License instead of the OGL?
I'd be fine with a Pathfinder version. It's still v.3.5 compatible after all. Hmm, a compiled Pathfinder Book of Races for Violet Dawn... I want my POD version now! A hardcover version would be even better. :angel:

The Pathfinder license does not override the OGL, so you'd use both and make everyone happy.
True.

Brutorz Bill

First Post
Woohoo!

Does happy dance!
As long as I can get a 3.5 version.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

What he said.

While I can't say it's my favorite, I can say it's in the top 5, which includes the Monster Manual, Tome of Horrors (v.3.5), and Creature Collection: Revised.

Those are great books also, but the for me the "whole package" presentation of the Violet Dawn book just raised the bar. Anyways to get back on thread.... I'd be very interested in a 3.5/Pathfinder version of a races book. If it was available I would order it right now! I loved the Mythic Races book, so this would rock!
Thanks,
Bill

Voadam

Legend
Thank you. I'm glad you like it. :) For those of you that want 3.5 versions of this, would you care if we released it under the new Pathfinder License instead of the OGL?

I prefer Pathfinder skills to 3.5 but I'm not sure I like the pathfinder racial power upgrade default levels. Using the core 3.5 mechanics as your default would be fine as would using Pathfinder's slightly different ones. I'd be interested in them even if they were based on d20 Modern or Arcana Evolved mechanics. But that's mechanics.

Pathfinder compatible logo labeling would not be a detriment or an incentive for me and I would not care either way. I would assume if you used the Pathfinder logo that it would use things like the Pathfinder skills section (perception racial bonuses instead of bonuses to listen or spot or search, etc.)

JVisgaitis

Explorer
What we are probably going to do is release the races as a combined PDF/PoD under the Pathfinder License. Obviously this won't happen until Gencon, but we'll give it a go and see what happens. If it sells well we will continue to support 3.5. And with that, yes we will use the Pathfinder skills and such.

The PDF is done and will be released sometime this week. I am awaiting a clarification on an issue I found with the GSL. As soon as I receive it, I'll put the PDF live. If I don't get an answer by the time I get home from work, I'll post a preview here in this thread.

Remove ads