• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Insight's "The Shadow of Set" - IC Thread

Redclaw

First Post
Asad listens, typically silent. His face shows shock at the thought of anyone intentionally interfering with efforts to end the plague he witnessed on his way through the city. Finally, he realizes the significance of their earlier discovery. He waits for a break in the priest's exposition, then speaks, This chalice, was it carried in a big box? We found an ambush site in the desert. He gestures to G'sharn, to get him to show the drawing again.

Necro_Kinder

First Post
Dirk snaps back into the reality after admiring the temple when Asad mentions the ambush site they discovered. He listens intently to the priest's response.

Rolzup

First Post
G'sharn nods, producing the scrap of cloth once more. "Fate again," he mutters. "It becomes clearer and clearer, and who are we to fight it?"

Insight

Adventurer
Redclaw said:
Asad listens, typically silent. His face shows shock at the thought of anyone intentionally interfering with efforts to end the plague he witnessed on his way through the city. Finally, he realizes the significance of their earlier discovery. He waits for a break in the priest's exposition, then speaks, This chalice, was it carried in a big box? We found an ambush site in the desert. He gestures to G'sharn, to get him to show the drawing again.

Na'al al-Hasen looks to Asad. "Yes, my friend. The Chalice of Arden was indeed carried in a large crate. When I procured it, I placed the Chalice in a warded crate provided by the Temple. That must have been what you found. Those fiends..." The priest's voice trails off.

Akhwan, the tall priest, interjects. "This ambush site, perhaps there are still clues there as to who may have taken the Chalice or where it may have been taken."

"I know who took the Chalice!" al-Hasen snaps. "It was the Ophidian Hand!" No doubt in my mind about that!"

"Be that as it may," Akhwan counters, "We still don't know the item's whereabouts. I still believe it would be prudent to give that ambush site a thorough search."

Akhwan turns to Asad. "You and your fellow located the ambush site, yes? I would be willing to invest some of my personal fortune to send you and your companions there and find what clues you can. The Temple may not believe in this quest, but I still have faith that the Chalice of Arden can yet cure Majoor of the Crimson Curse."

Rolzup

First Post
G'sharn shrugs, seemingly resigned to his fate. "Of course," he says simply. "We investigated as best we could when we stumbled across the massacre, but we could have missed something. What clues will be left by now, after weeks of the desert's attention?"

He laughs then, perhaps a little bitterly. "But the gods will provide, I do not doubt."

Ilium

First Post
At Akhwan's suggestion, Avardis' attention is obviously quickend. As if to offset to G'sharn's ambivalence, he states, "Indeed they will, my friend. I have no doubt we'll be able to find some sort of indication of where to find the chalice if we but try." He turns to Akhwan. "Grand Master," he says bowing low and remaining in that position. "It would be my honor to undertake this mission, with any of my companions who are willing, or alone. I beg you to accept this offer from one who is unworthy of the gods' notice, but eager to show his faith that the Lady of Light will help us find justice."

Insight

Adventurer
"Very well, al-Hasen," Akhwan says. "It seems that you have some courageous allies willing to help you recover the Chalice of Arden. I am willing to fund this expedition, and I hope that it bears fruit, for the good of Majoor itself."

al-Hasen smiles. "I thank you, Grand Master," the blind priest replies. "I am certain that these brave souls will recover the Chalice and help us to defeat the Ophidian Hand."

The tall high priest goes to a large, metal desk and opens a drawer. He counts out several smaller bags and places them in al-Hasen's open hand. "That should get this quest started," he says. Akhwan looks to the heroes. "Take this gold I have placed in al-Hasen's hands and use it to acquire whatever equipment you may need to undertake this critical mission. The Temple of the Eternal Sun will do what it can to support you in this matter, but make sure you speak only to me, as there may be some within the Temple who might not be as... helpful."

Na'al al-Hasen leads the heroes out of the Temple. Guards watch as the blind priest and his companions exit the complex.

Getting to the street, Na'al al-Hasen turns to the heroes. "Unfortunately, my duties here in Majoor dictate that I remain here, to tend to the sick and dying. I will aid you as much as I can, and please do not hesitate to call upon me for assistance."

[sblock=OOC]Na'al al-Hasen gives you a sack of 1,500gp. You can divide it amongst yourselves as you wish. Let me know what you wish to do prior to leaving Majoor.

I hope YOA comes back soon :\
[/sblock]

Rolzup

First Post
"To the market, then?" G'sharn grimaces, rubbing the back of his neck. "Will you folk need camels, or mounts of some sort? I have no need for such things myself, but you'll need to keep up with me."

Ilium

First Post
Avardis looks askance at the halfling for a moment, but then shrugs remembering his transformation during their recent battle. "I, for one, will need a mount," he replies. "Though I've not ridden much. How far is it to the site of your first battle?"

Remove ads