Inspiring Paintings

Wild Gazebo

Explorer
You know, the thread by Warrior Poet got me thinking about all those different paintings that inspire me. I was just wondering if everybody else wanted to share some of thier most inspiring paintings. It can be any type of inspiration--though it might be more interesting if we kept it centered on paintings that inspire you to game (if simply for a more narrowed sample). Personally, I have MANY paintings that inspire me...but that could be cause I've spent a great deal of my life studying paintings...here are a few.

Well this one inspires me to paint more than game...but...

I've always found this scene stirring

Friedrich is always good for bundles of emotion

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
I guess he wouldn't be considered "fine art,' but man, there are literally hundreds of Frazetta paintings that inspire me in a gaming way. And in ways beyond gaming.

Wild Gazebo

Explorer
No no no no...doesn't have to be 'fine art'...blech. Just inspirin' pictures. My tastes have been tainted by years of misspent edumacashun. Please post (or link) one of your fav Frazetta pics.

'ere are a few... more thematic pics

pic1

III

Last edited:

hrafnagud

First Post
Here is Sir Frank Dicksee's masterpiece Funeral of a Viking, a succinct expression of my passion for gaming. I have forever tried capturing the emotion to no avail. Yet still I endeavor, lest I wither...

Zander

Explorer
I've always thought that this pic of Don Quixote in his Library by Gustave Dore was a great. I can't help but think of Don Quixote in the picture as a DM with all sorts of fabulous creatures and events springing forth from his imagination.

I have a framed print of it above my bed. I also have a book depicting most of Dore's work.

Remove ads