• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Intentions for the new beta rules

What are your intentions for the new playtest rules?

• Do nothing, as it would require getting off the couch.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Download and read the rules but that's it!

Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Download the rules and convert an existing campaign

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Download the rules and start a new campaign with them

Votes: 18 17.0%
  • Download the rules and play a few 'one offs' or short campaigns to try them out.

Votes: 85 80.2%

• Poll closed .

Dausuul

Legend
At the moment, I have no plans beyond running some one-shots; not because I would be unwilling to do a longer campaign with a beta game, but simply because I haven't seen the rules and don't know how I'll feel about them, and I also don't know how my group will feel about them. I'm sure I can pitch them on at least a few sessions to provide playtest feedback. Beyond that, we'll just have to see.

Argyle King

Legend
I will both try to run a campaign and play a few one shots.

Why?

I've recently stated in a few other threads that I have something of a feeling of apathy toward 5E. While some might feel that statement is negative, I feel that now is the best time for me to test the rules. I'm not blinded by zeal nor am I slanted with negativity.

Secondly, I want to actually try the rules so that I have a solid foundation upon which to base my opinions. Things I've said for or against 3rd Edition and 4th Edition were based upon my time actually playing the game. Currently, my statements about 5th are based upon second hand knowledge. I feel I can give a more fair assessment of the rules and the game after actually using them.

Jack99

Adventurer
With my regular gaming group, I will be doing one-offs with the adventures provided, and whatever else I can get my hands on.

And I am strongly considering introducing my daughter to the game, and starting a small campaign for her.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads