D&D 5E Interest In A More Esoteric 5e?

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
I would definitely name the abilities and invocations after quotes from the books.

I do not aim with my hand;
He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I aim with my eye.

I do not shoot with my hand;
He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I shoot with my mind.

I do not kill with my gun;
He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.
I kill with my heart

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I would definitely name the abilities and invocations after quotes from the books.

I do not aim with my hand;
He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I aim with my eye.

I do not shoot with my hand;
He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I shoot with my mind.

I do not kill with my gun;
He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.
I kill with my heart
Hell yeah.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Creed (new name for the Invocations)

Eye, Mind, Heart
Prerequisite: 2nd level.

When you would make a weapon attack roll using your gun, you can use either your Wisdom, Intelligence or Charisma (pick one when you first select this Creed) instead of Dexterity.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
Creed (new name for the Invocations)

Eye, Mind, Heart
Prerequisite: 2nd level.

When you would make a weapon attack roll using your gun, you can use either your Wisdom, Intelligence or Charisma (pick one when you first select this Creed) instead of Dexterity.
I'm torn over what the main stat should be. In the books it's force of will, which is one of CHA or WIS. I wouldn't open it up though. I might even do a Monk/Barb armour thing with the main stat and DEX. Gunslingers are fast.

Tales and Chronicles

Creed
I'm torn over what the main stat should be. In the books it's force of will, which is one of CHA or WIS. I wouldn't open it up though. I might even do a Monk/Barb armour thing with the main stat and DEX. Gunslingers are fast.
Maybe something like being able to ignore the reload property when unarmored and +2 AC.

I'd give them Evasion and Uncanny dodge at higher level, like the rogues and monks.

for Eye, Mind, Heart, I'd go for Wisdom, if we are to open it to only one stat.

Tales and Chronicles

Creed
The gunslinger followed

When a creature moves more than 5ft away from your space, you can use your reaction to move up to 20 ft closer to where it ends its move without provoking AoO.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I love D&D 5e, but it's not my favorite D&D 5e-like game. Why don't I play my favorite then? Because of the large amount of good players in my circles who play 5e and don't need/want something different that fills the same niche. So homebrew which would then need to be accepted is facing the same barrier to playing my favorite D&D 5e-like game, and if I'm going to overcome that barrier I'd play that.

That said, from a theoretical point of view, I'd definitely be interested.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I love D&D 5e, but it's not my favorite D&D 5e-like game. Why don't I play my favorite then? Because of the large amount of good players in my circles who play 5e and don't need/want something different that fills the same niche. So homebrew which would then need to be accepted is facing the same barrier to playing my favorite D&D 5e-like game, and if I'm going to overcome that barrier I'd play that.

That said, from a theoretical point of view, I'd definitely be interested.
Okay, so your group wouldn’t use something like Adventures In Middle Earth?

That’s a bummer.

Remove ads