• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E INTEREST/RECRUIT - TIDERULER - THE FALL OF LAHOLT (HIGH-LEVEL CHARS)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Oh, I lose to flyers. My weakness I won't be able to get a ki power for it until 14th level.
That is what I'm counting on :) But yes, I will probably hurt a lot before I manage to hit you (and you roll lucky)

Zyara flutters forward and makes a leg sweep at your legs for a trip attempt (I have Imp Trip so no AoO)
CMB (right? PF confuses me sometimes) [roll0]

Do I add +2 from amulet of mighty fists to a CMB leg sweep? if so, that's a 36. It looks like it does but I can't tell.
(and if this did succeed, falling prone provokes an AoO due to a feat.)

CMB is specifically dependant on your STR, trip weapons give +2. If you use the weapon with bonuses in the maneuver, yes, you get the bonus.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder..._the_enhancement_bonuses_to_weapons_increase/

Unfortunately, it is not enough.

ACTION:
Quick flutter of the wings and small draconic creature leaps over the swiping leg and immediately lands in a crouch, barely reaching Zyaras knees. It launches forward, snapping its jaws [roll0], slashing with its clawed hands [roll1] [roll2]
and hitting with its wings [roll3] [roll4]. Finally, as it pulls back, it lashes out with its tail following Zyaras leg on its way back [roll5]

Neurotic

Demoralize (from Boar Ferocity) [roll0]

Total effect (lucky): 87 damage (+1 acid) and roll Fort DC (nauseated) and possibly shaken
Your turn

d20pfsrd said:
Performing a Combat Maneuver

When performing a combat maneuver, you must use an action appropriate to the maneuver you are attempting to perform. While many combat maneuvers can be performed as part of an attack action, full-attack action, or attack of opportunity (in place of a melee attack), others require a specific action. Unless otherwise noted, performing a combat maneuver provokes an attack of opportunity from the target of the maneuver. If you are hit by the target, you take the damage normally and apply that amount as a penalty to the attack roll to perform the maneuver. If your target is immobilized, unconscious, or otherwise incapacitated, your maneuver automatically succeeds (treat as if you rolled a natural 20 on the attack roll). If your target is stunned, you receive a +4 bonus on your attack roll to perform a combat maneuver against it.

When you attempt to perform a combat maneuver, make an attack roll and add your CMB in place of your normal attack bonus. Add any bonuses you currently have on attack rolls due to spells, feats, and other effects. These bonuses must be applicable to the weapon or attack used to perform the maneuver. The DC of this maneuver is your target’s Combat Maneuver Defense. Combat maneuvers are attack rolls, so you must roll for concealment and take any other penalties that would normally apply to an attack roll.

Emphasis added. The amulet adds a bonus to attack rolls and it is an effect currently on me. So that's why I'm asking. I think the +2 from the amulet applies.

You should be prone if the trip attack worked. with -4 on attack, assuming you stayed prone, the bite, second claw and first wing hits, no crits confirm. But I still have my AoO attack to resolve.

Neurotic

Emphasis added. The amulet adds a bonus to attack rolls and it is an effect currently on me. So that's why I'm asking. I think the +2 from the amulet applies.

You should be prone if the trip attack worked. with -4 on attack, assuming you stayed prone, the bite, second claw and first wing hits, no crits confirm. But I still have my AoO attack to resolve.

My CMD is 37, you don't hit even with the bonus. Sorry. (same link I referenced contains CMD definition, I get to add my deflection and insight bonuses along with dodge, circumstance, morale and luck)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads