Pathfinder 1E INTEREST/RECRUIT - TIDERULER - THE FALL OF LAHOLT (HIGH-LEVEL CHARS)

Archon Basileus

First Post
Well, it goes just as you described! The nearest enemy pocket seems to be the clearing before the mountains, described as the entrance to the gnome caves back in the map.

Yes, but that doesn't explain the "Betrayal". Who betrayed who how? I'm not really understanding it. Zyara realizes the prophecy is a child's rhyme? So? Lots of prophecies hide in chldren's rhymes. There are too many names that I don't know how they relate to one another. I suppose if I were there and could associate faces with names it would be easier but I have no idea who leads who. And too many of the party members seem to have relationships with the people here that I confuse them as well.

Shayuri

First Post
I kind of got the sense that all of us were lured to Laholt on false pretenses. Even the 'disease' may not be real.

We were brought here because we fulfill a prophecy, not because they needed us for why we thought.

What's the distance to the clearing before the mountain? Hundred feet? Several miles? Can we get there under our own power, or is this a time to drag out Teleport or other rapid transit spells?

Archon Basileus

First Post
That adds to the mixture. No onr gave a single proper hint to you so far, and Zyara's attitutes are those more inclined to show it - since she's the one that notices how vague all conversations have been. Arduniel is out of the loop, despite living here; a distrustful community accepts a masked foreigner without so much as a raised eyebrow; Aranel finds a depiction of herself, despite a general indifferent attitude towards her; you are told some might resent your presence, and even so Goliath cuts you loose (some friend...); and so on... Basically, the city put up a nice play to stall you till the events of the prophecy were set in motion and, when they happened, they just turned their backs, waiting to see the results. In the end, there's no need to know who leads whom, since the city as a whole lied openly to you.

And to reveal that I actually rolled perception in secrecy. You guys passed with flying colors, so....

On a sidenote...

You guys gave me Arduniel, living there, but oblivious; Charlotte, still in the initial stages of an investigation and suggesting some isolation thus far; two prophesied characters; a knowledgeable monk that hunts demons; a masked hero that hides his face and piles up suspicions; an arcanist that behaves just like a satyr... I merely used what you have given me! :)

Archon Basileus

First Post
I kind of got the sense that all of us were lured to Laholt on false pretenses. Even the 'disease' may not be real.

We were brought here because we fulfill a prophecy, not because they needed us for why we thought.

What's the distance to the clearing before the mountain? Hundred feet? Several miles? Can we get there under our own power, or is this a time to drag out Teleport or other rapid transit spells?
Precisely! You shouldn't have noticed it now, but not everyone played their part to perfection. Plus, something this big always gets sour as fortune intrudes.... :) And those perception levels are HUUUGE! It would be difficult for you guys not to realize what has been going on for longer than this.

As for the distances, I'd say you have, on a straight line, around 300 feet towards the clearing. Problem is that the entire area us flooded, forcing anyone without flight to swim or detour, making the trip three times as long.

I did not buy Zyara a teleportation object for this very reason. She would, if she could, disappear and leave them to their fate. And crossing water will not be slow as her swim speed is half her normal speed. Oh, wait, that's not one of her +20ish skills. Darn.

Archon Basileus

First Post
Well... You DO have +23 in acrobatics. I'd consider leaping through the trees and above water, for example. With a good roll I might be convinced to give you running speed. After all... You have a hole acrobatics master in bonuses! ;)

You can push it, guys! I'll check on what's acceptable and what's not... Super-hero reasoning, remember?:D

Also, I forgot to mention before, Joe: you DID get me by calling out the "prophecy treated as child's folklore" thing. I... was covering my tracks back there. You'll see why after the chaos gets resolved!

Kaodi

Hero
If I have to make it there under my own power I suppose the quickest way might be to levitate myself then grab a grappling hook from the ol' utility be- I mean, handy haversack, and pull myself across over the water.

Remove ads