• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Interesting abilities for PrC of goddess of stealth/darkness?

LondonReign

First Post
I'm working on a campaign specific PrC for the followers of the goddess of stealth and darkness. I have a few abilities already built in -- darkvision, greater darkvision, darkstorm (area effect darkness + negative energy)....Anybody have any other cool ideas for specific abilities of this PrC?

Vrecknidj

Explorer
Lots of options here.

Bonus to Move Silently and Hide (maybe add the levels in the PrC to these skills).

Some supernatural ability to counterspell spells with the light descriptor (usable some number of times per day).

Maybe members of this PrC have a better Spot than others so that instead of a -1 every 10 feet, it's a -1 every 20 feet in darkness or shadows. If they're supposed to be all dark and stealthy, maybe part of that is because they see you long before you see them.

Ability to overcome some degree of concealment in dark areas. In other words, if someone else has 50% concealment against them due to darkness, it's only 25% because they've trained to fight in the dark.

Dave

LondonReign

First Post
Good suggestions...

Vrecknidj said:
Lots of options here.

Bonus to Move Silently and Hide (maybe add the levels in the PrC to these skills).

Some supernatural ability to counterspell spells with the light descriptor (usable some number of times per day).

Maybe members of this PrC have a better Spot than others so that instead of a -1 every 10 feet, it's a -1 every 20 feet in darkness or shadows. If they're supposed to be all dark and stealthy, maybe part of that is because they see you long before you see them.

Ability to overcome some degree of concealment in dark areas. In other words, if someone else has 50% concealment against them due to darkness, it's only 25% because they've trained to fight in the dark.

Dave

Yup, at 2nd level I have Skill Focus -- +3 holy bonus to 3 class skills of players choice. 3rd level is Blindfight. I've also considered adding the special abilities from the Luck and Liberation domains at 5th and 10th level.

I like the idea of countering "light" descriptor spells.

Kemrain

First Post
Whenever the character has Partial Consealment from darkness, it's upgraded to Total Consealment.

Even while blind, the character may move at their full speed.

Things like that?

- Kemrain the Keeper Initiate.

LondonReign

First Post
Kemrain said:
Whenever the character has Partial Consealment from darkness, it's upgraded to Total Consealment.

Even while blind, the character may move at their full speed.

Things like that?

- Kemrain the Keeper Initiate.

Yup, that's good, keep'em coming! :)

Also looking for Su or Sp abilities.

snarfoogle

First Post
Night's Blade -- Ex.

At X level, the character gains the ability to make improved sneak attacks. If the character cannot already sneak attack, they gain Sneak Attack 1d6. If they already can sneak attack, their damage die for sneak attack bonus damage is increased by one. If the character is using [goddesses's favored weapon], the damage die is increased twice.

You could tone it down by making it a single die increase, only for the favored weapon, or just remove the favored weapon clause completely.

Storyteller01

First Post
A good place to check may be Fantasy Flight Games. They have a Legendary Class called the 'King/Queen of Darkness' (an add on to the shadow dancer). Legendary classes don't operate like PrC's, but it has some ideas that may help.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads