Introducing the Awfully Cheerful Engine!

Welcome to the Awfully Cheerful Engine, a cinematic tabletop roleplaying game of comedic action coming in 2021.

Play as a Hero and save the world! Talking animals and aliens, vampires and elves, cowboys and spacemen -- the worlds of action cinema and cartoon mayhem are yours! From fantasy realms to galaxies in the far-flung future, the streets of Manhattan to the depths of Transylvania, the whole universe is your sandbox!

cover_ace.jpg

Last edited:

imagineGod

Legend
This looks like an interesting d6 game. Pity there are no comments (save this one).

Honestly, I am not sure there is much hope in the industry if the only things that generate multiple pages of comments on a first day are D&D 5th Edition announcements for Wizards of the Coast.

I lean toward games that are on the crunchier side of things. But I did play a few sessions of Kids on Bikes recently and the simpler style wasn't as much of a turn off as I thought it would be. I'd be willing to give something like this a shot.

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
Kind of nice to see someone make an upbeat game. Everyone wants to make something dark and grim.

I read somewhere that a lot of comic books and nerd culture were made by 16-year-olds trying hard to prove they weren't 6-year-olds. There ought to be a place for awfully cheerful engines.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases