• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Invasion. Gathering of Heroes (February 1930)

ThWatcher

First Post
George 25/36

George stares at the man as he collapses. George, stunned to by the event, finally looks around to see who saved him. Finally spotting Billy, he says, "Thank you."

Looking back at the driver, but talking to Billy, he says, "He just started shooting at me. He was driving me home and then he pulled over, pulled his gun and started shooting at me. It was like he wasn't himself."

George then realizes he is jabbering. He closes his mouth and looks closer at Billy and the gun in his hand. Suddenly wondering if it's going to start all over again, "You're not going to start shooting at me are you?"

ghostcat

First Post
Percy Ambleton-Smythe

On seeing the corridor stretching before him, Percy signals to Ben to be quite. He then listens intently.

Assuming that everything is quite, Percy will draw his gun and release its safety. Putting his whistle in his mouth, he signals to Ben to take the left hand side of the corridor, while he takes the right. Attempting to move as quietly as possible, Percy trips over the threshold in the dark and lets out a loud curse. Realising what he has done, he waits for a minute or so to see if anything happens. "Sorry Ben" Percy whispers in an embarrassed tone.

If nothing happens, Percy walks down the corridor throwing each door open and looking in the room as he passes.

OOC:
1. I am assuming that there are no lights showing under the doors.

2. He is throwing open the doors to make sure no-one is hiding behind them

[sblock=mechanics]Move silently (1d20=1). Well that put a cat amongst the pigeons. So much for the stealthy approach. :(

Take 10 on listen (10+12=22)[/sblock]

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"I don't understand, Gunther. Who would do something like this? The communists? Partisans? Is this the act of some terrorist group? And you are a deputy in the Reichstagg. Have they targeted other political leaders as well? This simple makes no sense."

Waller goes over the papers in disbelief. He desperately searches for a pattern. He looks carefully for political leanings, involvement in some common event, even whether the murdered men at one time served in the same division, anything that might offer a clue as to the reason behind the fate of these men.

Voda Vosa

First Post
---------------- Dr. George Wilkinson and Billy Miles---------------​
Billy nods with his head, tranquilizing the good doctor. “I’m with the police, don’t worry. Billy Miles, special hostage negotiator.” Billy shows his identification and puts his gun in his holster.
“You say this man started to shoot you… He did act strange… even when I shot him twice, he didn’t show any sign of pain whatsoever. ”
He kneels next to Andrade. “This man is dying.” He notes.

OOC: NPCicing Billy for the moment...

----------------Waller Ackermann---------------​
“I wish I know old chap, according to herr Hitler, Reich von Hindenburg had nothing to do with the attacks. Apparently is someone inside the army, which is strange, since most attacks have been, as you can see, in retired soldiers.” Explains Gunther. “We are clueless…” he says sighing.
Waller examines the report. Although it’s quite chaotic, the soldier can make out some things:
Apparently, most victims are retired soldiers from the WWI. Other victims include politicians or professional civilians figures (two lawyers and a few medics). Reviewing the information about these men, reveals that they also had connections with the events of WWI, since the medics were field doctors, on of the lawyers worked in a case that involved a former soldier that assaulted a grocery, and the other worked at the army during the times of war. Waller makes a mental note that both Hitler and Hindenburg were also war veterans…

----------Jasper 'Quicksilver' Mortello----------​
The walk to his apartment is peaceful. Jasper finds that he loves walking in the night, when he has done a good job. And a good job it was indeed. In his bag he has incriminating documents, the plans for the ride that Capone is organizing, and his personal Tommy gun, a real trophy.
Jasper takes out his key, but the door of his building is giving trouble again. As he finally unlocks the door, the gets the feeling of being watched…

OOC: Roll a spot check.
----------Thomas Vincenzo de Auditore----------​
Thomas received a call in the middle of the night. Al Capone’s assistant, desperate, shouting from the other side. “Auditore! Come to the boss’s restaurant! Someone has taken the Capone’s tommy and some important documents, we need you to find the thief. Alora bambino!”
And he hanged up the phone.
Vincenzo rushed towards the place, taking a cap down his apartment.
As he stepped out, he found Franky, the assistant, alongside Roland, a hulking, dimwitted but not inherently bad thug. Roland always made him laugh.
“There you are! What took you so long?!” shouted Franky. “Someone has broken in, and took the boss’s Tommy gun and the plans for the strike. Capone is on a dinner at the moment, he doesn’t know anything of this, and he should never find out.”
“But he will Franky, he always does. Besides you told me to brake the door remember?” Roland interrupted
“Shut up Roland!” replied Franky, visibly irate.
“Okay, I’ll do that.”
“He jumped from the window, must be somewhere near. Locate him, kill him and retrieve the documents.” Finishes Franky. “And don’t come back if you don’t succeed.” He says, before turning his back to Vincent and getting into the restaurant.
“Goodbye Tommy, nice to see you. Oh, Frank forgot totell you, the thief wrote "Thanks for the gun, Quicksilver" on the boss’s desk. He aint gonna like that.” said Roland and waved his fat hand at Vincent before following Frank inside.

Quicksilver… that made the strange sound in Thomas head, the “I know that from somewhere” sound. Shaking his head, he followed the trace of the thief, but found out that there was no sign of someone jumping out of the window. He asks a few questions in the restaurant, and finds out that there was some odd looking guy, walking away from the place. He seemed to have came out of the blue, he was carrying a big black bag.
Following the directions led Vincent to his target. At prudential distance, he finds this man, trying to open the door of an apartments’’ building.

OOC: Make a hide check.
-------------- Percy Ambleton-Smythe-------------​
Percy and Ben made it to one of the rooms.
This one seems to be an office and storge room at the same time. Perhaps some place where they certify something about the products? There are two set of separate crates, and a desk in the middle, with a small decorated chest on it.
As the close the door behind them, the one at the end of the hall opens violently.
“I know I heard someone! I’m not crazy Jhon” says someone. Behind the door glass, the police men see two of the armed men, walking down the hall.
“I think you heard noises in your head mate.”
OOC: I'll need a hide check from you.

Felix1459

First Post
Roland never failed to amuse Vincent, today was no exception. Franky was as "charming" as always, but still this was where the money was, so this is where Vincent would work, for now. He took the job without saying a word, which was not unusual to anyone. [Roland is more observant than anyone gives him credit for...perhaps when I get settled in somewhere I'll hire him, get him away from Capone and the inevitable danger that surrounds them...Quicksilver...Quicksilver...why is that so familiar?]

Vincent moves to the window and looks down. Knowing that not many men could make the jump and simply walk away and noticing that the ground is undisturbed and realizes the theif didn't go this way. From there it wasn't to difficult to track down his target. Seeing him ahead, he decided to wait and verify that this wasn't just another false lead. Vincent uses any nearby cover/concealment to aid in hiding as he waits and watches his target. Hides (1d20+8=21)

(OOC: Hope you didn't mind the flavor text...within the "[...]" are Vincent's thoughts, though he doesn't speak much he thinks a lot and keeps said thoughts to himself. For simplicity we can just refer to him as Vincent. Also, almost everyone knows him as Tommy Donnelly, only Antonio, Arturo & Jasper (and a few others) know him as Vincent and only Antonio (RIP) & Jasper know him as Thomas Vincenzo de Auditore. Unaware if there was anything around that would provide concealment, if so he'll hide behind it, if not no worries.)

Frozen Messiah

First Post
"Damn keys, never work when I want them to..." Jasper mumbles to himself as he fumbles with the lock oblivious to the world around him. The very fact that he has Al Capones tommy gun makes him very rushed to get inside because he wants to make it hard for a reprisal. Jasper knows that someone in Al's payroll will connect the dots to at least the location, hopefully not the person.

[sblock]
Spot:1d20+7=9
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
----------Thomas Vincenzo de Auditore----------​

Vincent looks intently at the man's face. He doesn't seem to have spotted him. His features are obscured by the dim light, and the hat the man is wearing.

OOC: No worries, I like the fluff, so please do it as often as you like, I enjoy it.

----------Jasper 'Quicksilver' Mortello----------​

Jasper keeps himself busy with the key. Perhaps the sound was just a cat or a hungry dog. Even a couple looking for a shy place. Jasper didn't care, he needed to get inside, quick.

ThWatcher

First Post
George 25/36

George suddenly comes to himself and realizes he can help. "Oh, my. What am I doing? I can help him." George gets up and moves to the back of the car. He drops his gun in his bag and retrieves the Dermal Regeneration unit. "Besides, I want to know what happened to make him attack me." Returning, George begins to use the device on Andrade, making adjustments as he does so.
"I hope I'm not too late to save him." Placing the device almost into the wounds, it begins to glow each time he activates the unit. "Quick, open up his clothing to expose the wounds. To work the best, I need to get it right on the wounds."
George continues working the unit through the holes in the clothing till Billy is ready to actually expose the wounds.

(OOC: If, by chance, Billy doesn't begin opening the clothing as asked, George will, after 2 or 3 rounds of using the unit, set it down and move the clothing himself and then continue healing the driver.)

Felix1459

First Post
[I need to get closer. I can't mess this up. If this is not the right guy, he'll be nearby. He fits the description but I need to be sure. After all, you made a vow, no more innocents...] With that, Vincent stalks ever closer to his prey using the shadows as his allies. As he moves closer he prepares to strike...if necessary.Move silently. (1d20+8=23)

ghostcat

First Post
Percy Ambleton-Smythe

When nobody comes to see what the noise was, Percy starts to think he has got away with it. Either that or the place is empty. Entering the first room he sees a chest on the desk and is in the process of going over to investigating it when he hears a door open and he sees two thugs coming down the corridor. Again he curses but this time quietly to himself. Signalling to Ben to hide, Percy finds a spot in one of the sets of crates where he can't be seen from the door. However, he readies his gun, just in case.

[sblock=Mechanics]Hide in Warehouse Office (1d20=9)[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads