Invokers, Gods and those Divine Feats

Inigo Carmine

First Post
I seem to recall somewhere that Invokers qualified for taking any of the divine feats*, but when perusing the PHB2 last night I could not find that. Was I just mis-remembering the passage about them being devoted to one god, but having a healthy respect for all gods?

*I can't remember what they are actually called, but they are the once/encounter abilities in place of rebuke undead/etc with the requirement that you worship a particular god. ex: The Bahamut one lets you turn a critical hit against you or an ally into a normal hit.

Shin Okada

Explorer
*I can't remember what they are actually called, but they are the once/encounter abilities in place of rebuke undead/etc with the requirement that you worship a particular god. ex: The Bahamut one lets you turn a critical hit against you or an ally into a normal hit.

[Divinity] feats. There are many in PHB, Divine Power and each campaign's Players Guide books.

I don't know about that Invoker rule regarding selecting divinity feats freely. But PHB II introduces an Epic Destiny called "Revered One", which allows you to take any Channel Divinity feat, even if you do not worship the required god.

Inigo Carmine

First Post
I don't know the answer, but I can tell you that you're referring to the "Channel Divinity" series of feats.
That's it, thank you.
I don't know about that Invoker rule regarding selecting divinity feats freely. But PHB II introduces an Epic Destiny called "Revered One", which allows you to take any Channel Divinity feat, even if you do not worship the required god.
Yes, that's where I got it from. Thank you!

1darklord

First Post
Also there's this from page 101 of the PHB2,

Choice of Deity: Like other divine characters,
invokers are dedicated servants of one or more deities.
Most invokers devote themselves to a single
deity, but all invokers recognize the entire pantheon
as worthy of respect (see “Deities,” Player’s Handbook,
page 20)

Daniel.

Mr. Teapot

First Post
There's not a rule that allows an Invoker multiple CD feats, because there's no rule restricting any divine class to only one CD feat. There is a bit of fluff that suggests clerics and the like worship only a single god, but it's perfectly reasonable to have clerics that worship multiple gods, insofar as you have a polytheistic setting and in many real world polytheistic religions the priests revere multiple gods. And it's not unbalancing mechanically because Channel Divinity is still once per encounter, no matter how many options you have for that one use. But yeah, you were probably thinking of the line about Invokers worshipping allt he gods instead of just one.

swiftgoose

First Post
Ancient Cultures

Most priests and commoners in ancient times did not devote themselves purely to one god. If they needed rain, they prayed to the rain god. If they wanted a child, to the god of fertility. If they wanted revenge, to the god of war. Nothing wrong with worshipping multiple gods in a pantheon.

Remove ads