• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

iPhone App - Power Card Viewer

lymang

Explorer
Thank you all for your responses. I wanted to post a follow up and let you all know that things are progressing well.

It's definitely still early, but you can check out the inprogress work at:
DnD 4e Power Cards Index

If any developers are interested, all of the code is open source and contributions would be appreciated!
wireframe's power-card-viewer at master — GitHub

I spoke with a friend here at the gaming table, both of us would pay a nominal fee for this application without a problem. Very nice beginning, as well.

killeropus

First Post
Edit

I love the look and would definately fork over the coin for a app such as that. However, being a simpleton, I hate having to do the math for each card. I'd like them to be editable so I can have my total attack and damage, any special notes and such. Nothing slows down a game more than having to do the math ...you power gaming 3.5'ers know what I'm talking about. ;)

I've been doing my own cards using power point and having everything said and done so all I have to do is roll the dice. That is what I really want. :)

Spiteful+Glamor.jpg

shamsael

First Post
I'm a *huge* fan of the fan created printable power cards, but printing these things out is:

* fairly expensive if you do decent card stock.
* makes baby bunnies cry because you're chopping down their trees.

The iPhone is almost a perfect match for the size of these power cards, so I've been working on an iPhone application for searching and displaying power card stats.

Anyone interested?

View attachment 36637

If you don't mind, I think I'm going to try to port this to the Nintendo DS...

thrillba

First Post
HELP!!! - I want to

Let me know if you need any help whatsoever. I have the full version of adobe acrobat and every book in full pdf except the arcane power so I can pull info very quickly and pop it into a word doc. I also have the iphone so as far as testing goes just let me know what I need to try. Also what is the probability of the new classes getting in here. Like I said I will help any way that I can to make this a better DB. Sorry about that my email is darkoverlordtanthalas@gmail.com

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I'm a *huge* fan of the fan created printable power cards, but printing these things out is:

* fairly expensive if you do decent card stock.
* makes baby bunnies cry because you're chopping down their trees.

The iPhone is almost a perfect match for the size of these power cards, so I've been working on an iPhone application for searching and displaying power card stats.

Anyone interested?

View attachment 36637

My itouch is itching for it.. right now though I find myself wanting to insert custom flavor text and similar things.

Zaxnyd

First Post
This app is awesome

I registered just so I could say how awesome I think both you and the app are. Where did you get the data from? Did you enter it yourself?

JadeForlorn

First Post
Yes please!

This is excellent. If it were an actual app I would indeed pay a small fee to access it if it had the abilities that everyone else is talking about. Let me pick which powers are in my repertoire and then check them if they've been used. I would really love this app as a player.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Well I am not certain about this.. I consider my account somewhat valuable and If I type in the name password I am effectively sharing it with the person who wrote the program... not sure what they could do with it... but I am being a nervous nelly.

Remove ads