(IR) 4th ooc-thread of the 5th IR

James Heard

Explorer
Serpenteye: I'd just like to point out that I only figured out the Max IC for my faction right now.

William Ronald: Email to you has been entirely futile, everything bounced. I have a reply to your email but no way for it to reach you.

William Ronald

Explorer
The Treaty of Ekbir

James Heard said:
Serpenteye: I'd just like to point out that I only figured out the Max IC for my faction right now.

William Ronald: Email to you has been entirely futile, everything bounced. I have a reply to your email but no way for it to reach you.

(OOC: Try my other e-mail, wronald1@yahoo.com. I did not have a problem with a message from Kalanyr earlier. As for the map, the continent of Oerik is think stretches about 9500 miles at the equator out of a possible 25,200 miles. (Part of the problem with the existing maps of Oerik and Oerth is that they are all apparently Mercator style maps -- the ones that on Earth that mistakenly make Greenland look bigger than Brazil.)If you have the Living Greyhawk Gazeteer Map, I still think there is room for a "New World", so to speak. I can call someone in the morning to try to settle that download problem that I mentioned earlier.
The following document is released to the public, along with a brief comment by Al'Akbar)

Treaty of Ekbir Organization Charter

"The undersigned nations will respond to an attack on any one of them as an attack on all of them. We shall take whatever actions deemed necessary to support each other in such an event."

"The undersigned nations shall also take actions to support each other in matters of trade and diplomacy. It is the opinion of the undersigned nations that disputes between various nations should ideally be resolved through diplomatic means. As the cost of war is high, it should be the last resort of rational and law-abiding nations in disputes with other nations."

"The undersigned nations realize there is a danger of attack to their nations from forces from beyond Oerth, or such forces as the Whispered One. In the face of such events, the undersigned nations will urge other nations to put aside any differences, declaring truces and armistices if need be, to face a common threat to Oerth."

“The members of the Treaty of Ekbir Organization offers our assistance in mediating disputes, and our assistance to our respective allies. We urge that no nation make war on its neighbors, in light of the potential threats from the Whispered Ones and other forces."

Signed on this, the fourth day of Needfest in Common Year 604, being the year 3264 (Baklunish Hegira)

King Ogrim Scarseer of Orcreich, the Low Khanate, and the High Khanate

King Seth Rhynnon of Nyrond, the County of Urnst, and the Duchy of Urnst

Emperor Al’Akbar of the Malkuvah Baklunim, the restored Baklunish Empire

In a brief written statement, Al'Akbar says the following.

"I am aware of some nations opening callign the forces of Good warmongers, when there are nations publicly declaring their intent to start a war -- while the Whispered One and other powers hostile to Oerth are watching us. To reassure those who may be letting their fears get their better of their understanding of the real nature of the threat, I should state that I am interested in the defense of my people and of Oerth, not conquest -- as some have wrongly charged. With the possibility of the Whispered One or other hostile forces making their moves soon, I believe that the nations of Oerth should avoid creating a situation where a desperate power turns to any stranger for aid. A power threatened by much larger neighbors may think that they can pay the devil who aids them later. In these times, it may be far worse than a devil who comes to collect his due."

"I am prepared to talk to those who have been sent as representatives of their nations. While there are many whom I disagree with on some issues, I believe our disagreements pale before the threats that lie before us all."

James Heard

Explorer
As for the map, the continent of Oerik is think stretches about 9500 miles at the equator out of a possible 25,200 miles. (Part of the problem with the existing maps of Oerik and Oerth is that they are all apparently Mercator style maps -- the ones that on Earth that mistakenly make Greenland look bigger than Brazil.)If you have the Living Greyhawk Gazeteer Map, I still think there is room for a "New World", so to speak. I can call someone in the morning to try to settle that download problem that I mentioned earlier.
Ok. I think I see what the problem might be in interpretation now. When Eric's article on "Measuring Up The Oerth" (http://www.tc.umn.edu/~monax002/Council/OJ4/measure.html) refers to "Oerik" he's making reference to the original Darlene map and scale. It's not the entire continent represented on our maps as holding the Flanaess as small portion, it's JUST the Flanaess really. That's only 7985 miles across at the equator, and Mona does indeed place it as "only 15% of the surface area of Oerth". But if you look at the maps from TSR you can see that the actual larger continental mass is much larger indeed than 9500 miles across, at least at the equator. If anything I'd say that I've already stretched the scales a bit, and old Oerth is bloated from Xmas pie in the 5th IR.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
(At this point, is in waiting mode. Assuming the game will start shortly.)

EDIT: The Drow of Eclavdre would like to welcome the Iron League and Ulek League into the TEC Pact. Eclavdra in particular would like to hail the decision by the elven Ulek nations to ally with the drow. This is history in the making.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Knight Otu said:
With all that hero-god claiming, would it be ok to advance Ashardalon to a hero-deity via the Dragon Ascendant PrC from the Draconomicon? ;)

Eventually, as he gains levels.

Bugbear said:
A question about Infiltration.

What IC value is the cost based on? Is it the current IC value or the Maximum IC Value, or some other IC Value?

--

Has it?

The cost is based on the current value of the territory, before any deductions for infiltration. In other words, it's the first IC-value after every territory in the list.
--
Not quite yet, we still need the newest players to make their claims. I'll assign your PLs today (and those numbers will be definate, they won't escalate into power-inflation). Then I'll give you a few days to make your templates (tell me how you assign your power) and then we'll be ready to start.

From now on any and all players who join us will have to wait until turn 2 to enter the game.

Kalanyr said:
Would it permissable to assume an undersea civilization in the Jotunheim sea (Aquatic Elves, Locoah, Merpeople and similar ?) for the last few chunks of IC Serpenteye ?

Sure.
Population 2,400,000 = 120 x1,00 = 120 IC

James Heard said:

I've adjusted it.

Knight Otu

First Post
Serpenteye said:
Eventually, as he gains levels.
I was hoping pre-start, actually, but that's ok. ;)

It appears that my IC is 30 points too high, by the way.

Edit - how many attempts to infiltrate/counter-infiltrate can be taken per turn per territory?

Last edited:

Remove ads