(IR) IR Interlude between Turns 3 and 4 (thread 2)

Spoof

First Post
Acererak responds

Ah, thus speaketh the victor. I'm sure the millions of slaughtered elves draw immense comfort from your improved quality of life, wingboy.

Ahh, I see that even here the powerful can still be ruled with a petty mind. Never did we claim to be the victor. If you would only listen you would hear that we tried to save as many elves as we could. We did not have the power to stop the slaughter that was to come, or to turn the Tarrasque that the Elves had awoken and Forrester and his allies turned back on them.

You were describing the reasons for why their wholesale slaughter was justified, yes?

No never have I said or believed that what Forrester did was justified. The helpless slaughter of innocence CAN NOT be avenged by doing the same. But there is always two sides to a coin, and what might be the truth for one is not for another.
As for why I am here, I was asked to come here. We would have not come here just for your sake, if you wish to destroy all you have then so be it. But we were asked to come and help protect a people and so we shall, but we came to late to prevent the calamity that has occurred. So now we shall do our best to save those that can be saved, but those who seem only bent on destruction we shall see that they shall have their wishes granted.

Uvenelei

First Post
I didn't feel like throwing out any random NPC's to boost my power level, but I couldn't resist adding him to my roster:

Wallace, Aurican's High Accountant
270 Expert / 10 Master Bookkeeper PrC (he's been managing a Oerik-wide trade empire single handedly for over 110 years, whadda you expect?)
I won't bore you with stats, but I will say that he has a +348 bonus to his Profession (Accountant) check.

:D

JohnBrown

First Post
Edena, question

Edena,

I have a question. If you say I have to leave the Cairn, O.K., I accept that. However, I would like to make a few points:

From economic, resource, life-sustaining point of view, the Cairn Hills doesn’t really rely on the Nyr Dyv for very much. In fact, other than as transportation route, none of the powers (Furyondy, the Urnst States, The Shield Lands, The Domain of Greyhawk before it was eaten by the Shade) would have been relying on the Nyr Dyv at the start of the game. It’s far too dangerous. It is chock-full-o-monsters; big bad dragon turtles and the like.

Other than small amount of fishing, the creatures of the Cairn probably couldn’t care less about the Nyr Dyv (o.k., the Rhennee might care, but you get my point :) ). If I had to abandon Cairn, then it would only be logical that everyone around the Nyr Dyv would have to abandon their territories their too. William would loose nearly a third of Furyondy and the Shield Lands; The DU would loose a big chunk of Urnst, etc. So while I understand that I might have to pull back from the shore some, abandon Tenser’s Tower, etc., the reason for abandoning the entire Cairn Hills, while the Isles of Woe – which are sitting literally in the middle of this big stinking mess – is taking reduced amount of damage is a little unclear.

This is isn’t a complaint. I am just requesting clarification

William Ronald

Explorer
The Kevellond League and the Oerth Alliance will take action to purify the Nyr Dyv.

Murlynd, Keoghtom and Heward will capture and kill any Black Brotherhood agents that they can, starting in the Kevellond League. They will use fire to solidify Blood Waste and turn it over to Alzem for safe keeping.

Agents are dispatched to other allied lands and do the same. The other Oerth Alliance countries will take similar actions, unless they say otherwise. (I can fairly say they will try to stop the pollution of the planet and their lands.)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
I will clarify.

The poisoning of the Cairn Hills and other places is not coming from the Nyr Dyv.

The poisoning is coming from Shadow Throne.

The Nyr Dyv simply had the misfortune of being next to Shadow Throne.
Wolly Bay suffered a similar fate.

The Poison of the Shade is emanating out, from Shadow Throne, in all directions.

It isn't affecting the Blood Waste: the Blood Waste has an equally horrific and deadly poison all of it's own.
And it's spreading faster than the Poison of the Shade.

The best that can be hoped for is that the poison from both sources can be stopped from going any further out, or intensifying where it already is.
10th level magic will do that, whereas 9th level magic and below is helpless to stem the onslaught of the poison.

11th level magic could cure the problem, and eliminate the poisoning.

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Edena- Thanks for turning our party into the deaths of lots of people, we love you forever. :p. If I can I will stop the poison from affecting those here.

Kalanyr, bows to Siobhan and accepts the rose. "Thank you fair lady, it is good to meet you now that I am free of my chains. Please accept my gift to you " With a gesture Kalanyr summons the prettiest unguarded un-will-be-responsible-for-the-death/pain/domination-of-the-multiverse/metaverse/universe/world flower he can find on the Upper Planes. "For you my lady. Would you do me the honour of this dance?"

Kalanyr

Explorer
Serpenteye- Re: Xaene, I claimed him before Turn 1 I guess Edena had decided he was part of the Dark Union before I claimed him and forgot, I only just noticed myself.

Edena- can we solve this the easy way and just say I cloned him? Or shoud we throw dice to see who gets the Blessed/Accursed ArchLich/Lich Xaene?

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Bump for party.

Also can I stop the poisoning of those at the party?

Guess I get Xaene then (mighty fair considering how much land the DU just got).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases