(IR) IR Interlude Turn 5 - Turn 6 (thread 3)

Mr. Draco

First Post
Edena, two changes to the lists post needed:

1) Kas' title has changed. The new title is in my sig.

2) Kas picked up the Chosen of the God-Emperor template.

You idiots didn't invite Forsaken One to the boards, did you?

Hahahahhahahaha, no Forester they didn't although I know that the Lurker Forum exists :) But I don't have acces and I do not even want it. I Don't want to know everything... to lame for my "honour" and fun in this.

And thanks you think that way over me -_____________-

And Mr Draco, since you can't even contact me I didn't get that mssge sorry!

Guess that when I'll be coming out, I'm gonna have some IC catching up to do ^^

Kalanyr

Explorer
How was my call to those other Good Drow across the worlds and planes recieved given that a force of evil drow are assembling here right now?

Union of Oerth- Yes you're religion is yours to choose but we are offended that you give your people no choice in their paths, we allow all religions within or midst even is certain religions run so contrary to our nature that they will find no followers, but amongst use we have Priests of the Seldarine, Zagyg,Murlynd,Pelor,Kord as well as Eillisteraee,Kalanyr and Freedom.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
TO EVERYONE - ESPECIALLY UVENELEI

Uvenelei

To Edena

I'm still catching up, but here's what I'm doing so far:

I send diplomats to all of the new peoples on the newly found continents of Oerth and to the peoples of Krynn. I seek only peaceful relations and trade negotiations. The diplomats are bearing gifts foreign to the new peoples and gold. If possible, I hire someone from Krynn who knows how to forge dragonlances.
I also claim any of Zagyg's demiplanes that are floating around out there (such as the Isle of the Ape).

ANSWER:

First of all, there is a major crisis in progress.
Both Lord Melkor and Anabstercorian have been captured and face death.
This has caused a massive assemblage of creatures from the Plane of Shadow, and this assemblage now threatens Oerth and Greyspace, although it's main rage is directed against Toril and Realmspace.
Since they lack the power to destroy Toril and Realmspace, they are all too likely to take their fury out on Oerth and Greyspace.

Secondly, the drow - thanks to Melkor's sending - are amassing in force across the ethereal and astral planes, and in a number of Crystal Spheres.
They are joining with the illithid who have already amassed.
This United Force of Evil is preparing to wreak a grim vengeance on Oerth and Greyspace for it's willingness to follow the Torilian model of good, peace, tolerance, and acceptance.
For it's rejection of Lolth.
For the stealing of the True Staff of Ancient Penumbra.
This fleet has a combined PL of over 4,000.

That does not include the army beginning to mass in the Plane of Shadow.
That does not include ANYTHING the Red Goo - which Rhialto is trying to stir into sentience - might do.
That does not include ANYTHING that might happen as a consequence to the wars and deaths, such as earthquakes, explosions, a speeding up of the metamorphosis, or any other thing.

Now that I've made you all feel happy, safe, and secure ...

Your missionaries go to Krynn.

IMMEDIATELY upon arrival, they are faced by a very youthful girl - 13 or 14 probably - who has short red hair.
She appears to be alone, but your magical detections show she is not alone.
Furthermore, this girl radiates staggering power herself.

However, she does not attack, makes no hostile move, and indeed apparently expected your coming.
Her demeanor is pleasant, if crisp and soldierly, and she bears herself with dignity and grace.
Her voice is soft, with an undercurrent of strength and power.

She speaks:

We welcome you to Krynn, People of the Alliance of the Crescent.
The One God has been expecting you.
I am Mina, Commander of the Knights of Neraka.
Accompany us now to our camp, where we will talk.

(Although this may sound like a request, it is an order, and the missionaries find themselves obeying that order.
Once in camp, where everyone is served drinks, and made comfortable, the girl speaks again: )

You come from a world reduced, a world turned against itself.
Your world is dying.
The Red Death comes for your world.
You cannot hope to fight it, when it comes.
Your Forrester knew this, all along - he did not tell you the danger, knowing that your world was a threat to him and Toril, and that your destruction would better serve his interests.

Know that the One God can save Oerth.
Know that the might of the One God can protect you from the Red Death.

(Mina looks at the emissaries solemnly)

Your people are in the gravest danger.
You have the responsibility to protect them.
Others who had the responsibility, failed in that responsibility.
People who you trusted and believed in, have betrayed you and yours to a terrible fate.

I offer to you salvation for your people.
I offer redemption to your people.
Allow me and my Knights to come to your world.
Allow the One God into your hearts.

(Mina tilts her head.)

Perhaps you do not understand what the Red Death is.
I will explain.
The Red Death is a being that is an integral part of magic itself.
It corrupts and befouls all that it is a part of, and thus it corrupts and befouls magic.

Once the Red Death emerges on your world, all magic - even good magic - will become corrupted.
Your mages will be warped into hideous monsters.
Your clerics will be cut off from their dieties, and consumed - even the casting of cure spells in altruistic ways will pervert them.
Your Faerie will become beings of the deepest nightmare.
Your Undead will cease to follow Acererak and will follow the Red Death instead.

The Red Death takes delight in human, demihuman, and humanoid suffering, pain, and misery.
It feeds on this misery, and pain and misery make the Red Death stronger and stronger.

From it's initial entry point into your world, it will spread to every part of Oerth, and from Oerth it will spread to every part of Greyspace.
From there, it will spread into your Planes, to everywhere those from Oerth go.

Forrester knows this, but has chosen not to tell you.
For Realmspace is defended by the Angels, who alone have the power to keep the Red Death out.
He has left you to a grim fate.

(She looks at the emissaries again.)

Embrace the One God, and allow my Knights and myself to come to your world.
We will halt the Red Goo.
We will bring peace to your world.
We will bring prosperity to your people.
You will not again be threatened by illithid, drow, Shade, or ambitious and ruthless Torilians.
You will not need your nuclear weapons to protect yourselves.

If we are allowed to come to your world, the people of Oerth will find the One God.
With the One God in their hearts, they will know peace, prosperity, and joy.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Don't feel bad, Forsaken One.

NOBODY has ever invited me to the Lurker's Forum, or told me how to access it.
I have never been there, never read it, and still don't know where it is.

And I'm the Moderator. LOL.

Bugbear, you might Archive some of those Lurker Forum Threads, if they are predominantly IR threads.

Mr. Draco

First Post
Edena, did Serpenteye email you regarding our actions on Krynn? If not, then i'll email them to you. They are very important especially seeing the new turn of events.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Draco, read my post above, please.

The moment the emissaries from the Union of Oerth arrive, they are confronted by Mina.

She takes them to her encampment, and states the same thing to them that she stated to the emissaries from the Alliance of the Crescent.

Mina then comments:

The God Emperor of the Union of Oerth is a good man, is he not?
He is a man of intelligence and reason.
He is a man who wishes to protect his people.
He is a man who wishes to rule a great realm.

Yet none of this will be, if the Red Death comes to Oerth.

Let the God Emperor welcome the One God, and let his people welcome the One God.
The One God will protect you from the Red Death.
The One God will bring peace and prosperity to the Union of Oerth.
The dreams of the God Emperor, will be fulfilled.
There will be one, united Oerth, and this united Oerth will stand against all it's enemies, and it will prevail.

We welcome the people of the Union of Oerth to Krynn.
We welcome your soldiers, we welcome your non-combatants, we welcome your clerics, we welcome your mages.
Come to Krynn, and experience all the beauty and joy of our world.
The door, is open.

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
Edena, I did read your post, yet, Serpenteye was supposed to send you an email entailing our actions on Krynn (you see, we were planning to contact Mina first thing, anyway). I was just asking whether you received Serpenteye's email regarding what diplomatic steps we take regarding Mina.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ

We have a number of major crisises in progress.

Lord Melkor has been trapped by Forrester, who can kill him permanently, knocking him out of the IR.

Anabstercorian has been trapped by the Shade, who can kill him permanently, knocking him out of the IR.

A fleet of illithid have gathered to attack Oerth and Greyspace, to avenge the theft of the True Staff of Ancient Penumbra.

A fleet of drow have gathered to attack Oerth and Greyspace, after the Shade told them about the drow turning their backs on Lolth from a SECOND Crystal Sphere - the drow are determined to stop the perversion that started on Toril from spreading.

The combined PL of the illithid and drow is around 4,000.

An enormous army of Shade is beginning to assemble in the Plane of Shade, to retaliate for the capture of Lord Melkor.
This army is just starting it's assemblage, but when it does fully assemble, it will be huge.
Since it sees that Realmspace is currently unattackable, it will vent it's rage on Oerth and Greyspace first.

The missionaries of Uvenelei and Mr Draco / Serpenteye have been met by Mina personally, on Krynn.
She wishes to come to Oerth with her Knights of Neraka to spread the worship of the One God to Oerth.
For those of you who understand Mina and the One God, you know this is a crisis.

The Red Goo is getting stronger.
When it gets strong enough, it will bring the Red Death to Oerth.
If that happens, all magic will be corrupted, all who use magic will be corrupted, and the Red Death will become master of Oerth (the IR will be over if this happens.)
And, of course, large amounts of experimentation with the Red Goo, and production of Red Steel, continues with a number of Powers.

The Shade and the Black Brotherhood continue their efforts to summon the Elder Ones.
They have not yet succeeded, but they are well on their way to success.

The forces of the Eternal Empire in AnaKeris are trapped there, due to the civil war at home.
They are faced by hostile nations all around, but they have 5,000 thermonuclear weapons to defend themselves with.

The Shade also have a nuclear arsenal.

So does the Lortmil Technomancy.

The Shade, Acererak and his Minions, and Kalanyr's people all have 10th level magic.

Acererak has achieved Apotheosis.

Alzem is finally going to succeed, on Turn 7, in bringing the Angels to Oerth.

In other words, folks, you are standing chest deep in nitroglycerin, which fills a large room all around you.
So far, everyone has managed to hold still.

Until now.
Now, people are lighting matches.
Quite a lot of matches.

Last edited:

Remove ads