(IR) Preparations for the 3rd IR - Thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaboom

First Post
I claim the Deepwater League (Merfolk, sea-elves, tritons, dolphins, neutral and good) PL 15 and the people of the Shining Grottos (Merfolk, sea-elves, dolphins, tritons, heavily good) PL 10

Serpenteye

First Post
Turrosh Mak said:

I'm sure it would Serpenteye. However, Kas doesn't have 10th level or higher magic, which means he has to ride Vecna's coat tails into the future.

I do not like being wrong, but I probably am in this case. It could be explained with Kas having 10th level magic but exhausting it in the trip trough time, or something. That explanation seems somewhat lacking though...

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Welcome back, Valkys!
I have sent you a test e-mail. I hope it gets through!

Hey folks, I have some answers to your posts above.
Here they are ...

Turrosh Mak wrote:

I would also like to claim, with Edena's Permission, the Hool marshes and it's Lizard Folk (PL unknown); and the Humaniod Hordes of the Raker Mountains (PL Unknown). These Are not on the claims list, but are shown on the map as Unclaimed Terretories. Thus I need Edena's approval and if given, Power Levels assigned.

((I have created the Hool Marshes, PL 2, and given them to Turrosh.
The Rakers cannot be claimed, because I am still considering what's up there. A powerful nation of cloud giants IS up there, I know.
However, I have created the Beings of the Dreadwood, PL 5, and given them to Turrosh instead.
Check out your lists, Turrosh ... I think you will like the Dreadwood :D ))

Sollir wrote:

Is there a checklist to whats claimed already, or do I just have to see the main list then refer to other player's lists to see which ones are taken and which ones aren't?

((Originally, Sollir, those powers on the Lists Post that weren't claimed were marked with an asterisk.
But everything is claimed ... in fact, the claiming has been so complete that someone I know is joking Oerth's going to fall out of it's orbit from the weight of the claims.
I think I shall create new places in the Rakers, and in the isolated places that remain.))
((If you look on the Lists post, the great list there is, of course, the list of all the Powers claimable (you may pick any 3 Planar Races to add to your claims. Pick 3, any 3, as long as you don't pick both good and evil.
Further down, you will see a listing of each player, and what he or she has claimed.
Then, further down yet, you will see the Arms Races. These are primarily a way for people to gain more points, but include the race for technology and magic.))

((I shall create some new Powers in the Rakers for people to claim.))

Bonedagger wrote:

Question: Since this seems to be a worldwide project. I would like to know what time we start. Morning (American time) or afternoon (American time). It's a days difference for me as I normally sleep when it's day in the USA.

((Bonedagger, everyone, it is my intention to begin Turn 0 (the NO FIGHTING Turn, the short Turn that only emcompasses 50 to 100 posts, in approximately 14 hours - that is, at none tomorrow.
Although that is the 18th for us in the United States, it is closing in on the 19th in Europe, and it is the 19th in the Far East.))

((I will begin Turn 1 (Fighting allowed, everything allowed, this is the main event), on noon of the 19th, in the United States.
That will give everyone in Europe a chance to respond before nightfall, and those in the Far East a chance to respond fully on the 20th.))

Williams wrote:

In the aborted IR thread, it was known that Kas and Vecna, with their respective troops, would emerge at Tovag Bagru in the Baklunish lands. Will this be true for the new IR thread.

((TAKE NOTE! Kas has emerged at Tovag Baragu, with millions of Suloise men and undead, right in the middle of the Baklunish Spirit Empire of Garnak.
His army must march on foot, to wherever it is they wish to go, and the mountains to the east are impassible - they must march north to Ket and the gap between the mountains.
Needless to say, there is panic in the Spirit Empire of Garnak.

But the party is only just starting at Tovag Baragu.
Vecna and his tens of millions will be emerging shortly.
And, although they can move by 10th level magic to somewhere else, Vecna will be facing two historical enemies he HATED quite badly.
Kas, and the Baklunish People.

Fortunately for Kas and his people, I am ruling he arrived 2 weeks before Vecna
2 weeks to get under cover, or get as far away from Tovag Baragu as possible
If Kas had stayed around to fight the Baklunish of Garnak, he would have been delayed but ... I will state categorically now that the Baklunish of Garnak FLED long before Kas arrived, warned by their Seers that Something Awful was coming out of Tovag Baragu, and coming soon.))

Turrosh Mak

I'm sure it would Serpenteye. However, Kas doesn't have 10th level or higher magic, which means he has to ride Vecna's coat tails into the future.

((Actually, Kas had access to 10th level magic, in his own time. He used it, as did his Legions, in the ancient wars of the Suloise.
But in this present time, Kas - although he should know 10th level magic - does not, because the nature of magic in the present has not yet fully reverted to the reality of the Arcane Age.
Thus, Kas much research how to learn 10th level magic ... a point which I am sure is making Kas very unhappy.

Kas, don't be too upset - Vecna was able to use 11th level magic in his own time. He is going to be VERY, VERY ANGRY when he discovers HE must research it all over again.
Even if he CAN still use 10th level magic, that's no consolation to the likes of Vecna.))

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The answer to that is:

In the past, Kas betrayed Vecna and killed him.

However, Vecna foresaw his own death at the hands of Kas.
Unable to change the future, Vecna used chronomancy to leap OVER that future, into the Present. (And no, he cannot use chronomancy again, and neither can anyone else, or this IR is sunk.)

Kas, through his spies, learned that Vecna was going to cheat death by leaping over his fate into the future.
Kas decided to leap into the future that Vecna was going to, and with magical aid finally discovered WHEN Vecna was going to.
Kas then made the jump forward first.

Vecna got word that his traitorous lieutenant had jumped first, and in a fury decided to go after him.

Now mind you, IN THAT TIME Kas had not yet betrayed Vecna, but was his loyal servant.
However, they both looked into their future, and saw that Kas would betray and murder Vecna, and that started the ball of string rolling.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Since you want to claim every last square inch of the map, here are some new Powers for you!

The Humanoids of the Rakers (humanoids of every type, evil) PL 3
The Humanoids of the Yatils (humanoids of every type, evil) PL 3
The Humanoids of the Barrier Peaks (humanoids of every type, evil) PL 3
The Humanoids of the Crystalmists (humanoids of every type, evil) PL 4
The Humanoids of the Hellfurnaces (humanoids of every type, evil) PL 3
The Humanoids of the Jotens (humanoids of every type, evil) PL 3

The Beings of Hraak Forest (Quaggoths, remorhaz, dire wolves, hill giants, dark gnomes, some humanoids, slaves of every type, evil) PL 2
The People of Timberway Forest (Swanmay, treants, forest spirits, high elves, grey elves, suel humans, oeridian humans, gnomes, halflings, good) PL 2
The Beings of Sable Wood (hill giants, formidians, many beings of mixed race, forest spirits, neutral and evil) PL 2
The Beings of Spikey Forest (Quaggoths, dire wolves, forest spirits, evil) PL 2

Sonnmonnten (cloud giants of the Yatils, good) PL 5
Sunleai (avariel of the Yatils, giant eagles, good) PL 3

Crystalmont (frost giants of the Rakers, evil) PL 4
Esserbaudos (hill giants of the Rakers, evil) PL 3
Grannmont (storm giants of the Rakers, good) PL 6
Heimmont (cloud giants of the Rakers, good) PL 5
Usurbaudos (fire giants of the Rakers, evil) PL 4

Starmont (storm giants of the Glorioles, good) PL 5
Chauntosbergen (deep dwarves, mountain dwarves, hill dwarves of the western Griff Mountains and Bluff Hills) PL 4

Haermont (Stone giants of the Griff Mountains, neutral) PL 3

Archenmont (Cloud giants of the Corusk Mountains, good) PL 4
Heisenbaudos (Frost giants of the Corusk Mountains, nibelungen dwarves, dark gnomes, slaves of every type, the Deepspawn and all the monsters it produces, slaves of all types, evil) PL 10
Kindlemont (Storm giants of the Corusk Mountains, giant intelligent ravens, silver wolves, good) PL 5
Silvamont (Avariel of the Corusk Mountains, giant eagles, good) PL 3
Sleichenbaudos (Hill giants of the Corusk Mountains, slaves of every type, evil) PL 4

The Beings of the Cairn Hills (the monster hordes of Zagyg the Mad, the monsters of Castle Greyhawk, the secret bases of the Rhennee, the Wardens of the Doomgrinder, dwarves, gnomes, some humans of all types, all alignments but few good) PL 5
The Peoples of the Hollow Highlands (hill dwarves, suel humans, oeridian humans, gnomes, high elves, neutral and good) PL 5
The Peoples of the Hestmark Highlands (suel humans, oeridian humans, dwarves, neutral and evil) PL 3
The Peoples of the Kettish Hills (gnomes, baklunish humans, oeridian humans, dwarves, all aignments) PL 3
The Peoples of the Tusman Hills (dwarves, gnomes, baklunish humans, svirfneblin, deep dwarves, all alignments) PL 5

Any claimers?

Last edited:

Turrosh Mak

First Post
New Claims

I would like to make the following claims:

The Humanoids of the Rakers (humanoids of every type, evil) PL 3
Haermont (Stone giants of the Griff Mountains, neutral) PL 3
Crystalmont (frost giants of the Rakers, evil) PL 4
Esserbaudos (hill giants of the Rakers, evil) PL 3
Usurbaudos (fire giants of the Rakers, evil) PL 4
Heisenbaudos (Frost giants of the Corusk Mountains, nibelungen dwarves, dark gnomes, slaves of every type, the Deepspawn and all the monsters it produces, slaves of all types, evil) PL 10

Mr Furryfoot, I request that you release the claim on the Raker Humaniods, as they are far from your other positions. (I also had a prior claim on them)

Last edited:

I will release controls of the Rakers, but I did post all the humanoids of hte first group in my original post (unless you mean you claimed then before then)

I also am interested in:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases