(IR) Preparations for the IR, Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
I am posting here, then going offline again, to continue my break.

Creamstreak, if you wish to join the IR, please come on in.
Join the anarchy and the fun.
Pick any powers you like ... and if they contest you for them, so be it!
Nothing like a monkey wrench to stop the production line. :D

Really, Creamstreak, if you wish to join in, please feel free to do so.
Several powers are actually being held for any new people coming in. Contact William concerning them.

Now, everyone, where is John Brown?
He represents Iuz, not a small figure in this IR.
Where is he?
I have not heard from him in over a week.
I have not seen him post in over a week.
Can you'all locate him?
Tell him the IR is here, in In Character?

I am very sorry we have lost Kesh.
I request everyone try to find some new players, if you can.
I can see you're having fun divvying up the powers, fighting over the powers, and plotting and allying with each other :) :) - help me now, and bring even more people into our little anarchy!

Just a request. Thanks much.

Edena

P:S Maudlin, I need to tweak the map slightly.
If you look at Adri Forest, you'll see that there is a region to the west of it, between the Forest and the river.
You have that area colored in green.
That is incorrect.
The Dark Union holds everything east and south of that river.
The river is the frontier.

Also, please a large spot (like the one in the Vast Swamp) on the Crystalmists directly west of Sterich.
This is Kalanyr, his color.
Then, fill in all of Geoff with Kalanyr's color.
Include the 3 forests of Geoff, but not the hill range that divides it from Sterich.

Then, place another large spot on the Hellfurnaces.
This is Forsaken One's color.
Place it where the mountains are southwest of the Yeomanry, southeast of Istivar, west-northwest of the Hold of the Sea Princes, and northeast of the Sea of Dust.

Finally, place yet another large spot on the Hellfurnaces south of the Hold of the Sea Princes.
This spot and it's color represents Festy Dog.

And finally, if what I'm reading is true, change the northern Lortmils from the blue they currently are to the green of GnomeWorks.
Since he has, apparently, gotten his way about the Peoples of the Northern Lortmils.

EVERYONE ... I have made changes to the Lists Post.
I have read up on the Greyhawk Gazateer, and corrected some mistakes I made.
I have changed the name of some of the nations.
I have added a few new nations.
Check your own lists, and make sure of things.

Now, I have not yet updated your lists for any of the posts made since I stated I was going offline.
However, I will do that when I return.

Edena

P:S The IR does not have to be about everyone alpha-striking everyone else on Turn One.
The Wanderer is hoping you will turn your fury on the Torilians.
Of course, it is up to you.
I had hoped some of this diplomacy would occur during the actual IR - by the time the actual IR starts, everyone will have their alliances set, plans made, etc.
Of course, after the devastation of Turn One, you may have to rethink all your alliances, plots, intrigues ...

Maudlin

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
Of course, after the devastation of Turn One, you may have to rethink all your alliances, plots, intrigues ...
The most carefully laid plans last until the first second of battle :)

You didn't expect people to sit on their hands for 2 weeks, did you? :D I'll add the tweaks tomorrow first thing, just ran a 10-hour session, and I've lost all feeling in the right side of my body :)

kaboom

First Post
Edna: the claims list doesn’t show my claim of the the Gnomish Sidewheelers of Greyspace.

My e-mail is down so don't expect any replies from me :(

Black Omega

First Post
Hmm..since someone reminded me they are in my territory...

The Coalition of Light and Shadow (Seelie Court, Highfolk, etc) are claiming the Circle of Eight.

William Ronald

Explorer
Mr. Draco:

I am still considering your offer. As none of the territories you mentioned are near me, I can not claim them, others may feel differently.

(I have a ton of e-mails to catch up with.)

Lynux, I hope you realize that no one is attacking you. Some of your claims do seem to confuse other people. I hope you will be a big part of our thread.

Creamsteak, I have not heard from you. (It is the weekend in the U.S. so you may be busy.) If you want to join our merry little thread, I will bring you up to speed. We have several people holding countries for new players.

I will be checking the boards repeatedly for the next few hours. I will run things until Edena gives the official "I'm back" signal. I will also e-mail John Brown.

Any questions or comments, feel free to post here. Or e-mail me at williamwronald@aol.com

lynux

First Post
I want to propose an offer. I will relinquish one faction with a PL of 15 or less to anyone if they are willing to make an Alliance
Does anyone accept?
This is only going once.
and if Vecna wants it, sorry, I dont want to get slaughered.

Turrosh Mak

First Post
lynux said:
I want to propose an offer. I will relinquish one faction with a PL of 15 or less to anyone if they are willing to make an Alliance
Does anyone accept?
This is only going once.
and if Vecna wants it, sorry, I dont want to get slaughered.

Greetings Lynux. I will be more than happy to ally with you for the Robot faction (PL3) and the Vale of the mage (PL 4). I know that you said One power of fifteen or less, but these are both small and High risk areas in your South West. They will be difficult to defend.

note that these are both located in the Crystalmists mountain range and are at risk from Darkness and Kallanyr.

Also, know that I have frends who might be able to help you further you goals.

E-mail me at Litberg@Yahoo.com if you want to go into more detail.

~Turrosh Mak~

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Claims since Edena's last update

Hello, everyone.

I have listed claims made since Edena's last post. So without further delay:

New and revised claims as of 11:42 PM Central Standard time on Feb 10th (5:42 a.m. GMT on Feb 11th.):

Darkness claims the Empire of Erypt. He is contesting with Lynux for it.

Lynux has offered territory valued up to 15 PL for an ally. Turrosh Mak is countering with an offer for the Robot faction (PL3) and the Vale of the mage (PL 4).

Mr. Draco has made the following claims:

Planar Claims:

* Salamanders: I offer to share our knowledge of magic and any technology I may get with them. Since many of them do "make a point of traveling through the planes, learning secrets to further their power" -MM p.160

* Rakshasas: I offer to make many of them leaders in my armies (their Su: Detect Thoughts should help them in those positions) I also offer to share with them my knowledge of magic and any technology I may gain. Since they "love rich living, gladly using their intelligence and power to maintain a decadent lifestyle at the expense of others"-MM p.153 (i.e. the knowledge of magic & technology i give them will help them with this on their home plane)

* Xill: I offer to them the possession of any enemy soldiers they capture as slaves. The only condition is that I get to raise them as undead when they have died through implant. I also offer to share any technology i gain with them. Additionally, I offer to use my magical abilities to decrease the time it takes them to cross back to the ethereal plane. Since "they can cross from the ethereal plane with a move action but take 2 rounds to cross back, during which they are immobile."-MM p.187
Kaboom posted:

Edna: the claims list doesn’t show my claim of the the Gnomish Sidewheelers of Greyspace.

Black Omega posted:

The Coalition of Light and Shadow (Seelie Court, Highfolk, etc) are claiming the Circle of Eight.

William Ronald (me) would like to make sure that he has claims listed to traditional allies Yeomanry, Sterich, and Gran March.

I am also holding powers for new players.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases