(IR) Preparations for the IR - Thread 3

Zelda Themelin

First Post
Yep William.

And to my opinion:

Too much LotR's 'dark sombre seriousness' and things become as depressing as my life. I want rpg's to be a bit more fun.

IMO, the movie was great, but also a bit too 'dark' (and two to come probably more so), something I don't wish of games I play, unless they are wargames, horror or stuff like that.

Now, more serious we try to sound, more likely it will become we offend people's feelings. Seen that happen. Humor helps to keep the story a story.

I don't know if anyone understands what I mean.

Other than that, my personal "PL" in net being less than zero, I think I fade into background now. ;)

Hehe, nope, actually I go play some rpg. Have fun! :)

Anabstercorian

First Post
My intentions, more or less

All right. We will be joining the Technological Arms Race, the Magical Arms Race, and, if possible, a Psionic Arms Race. My people, the Illithid, have a good strong knowledge of psionics past our instintive abilities, and we want to get a piece of that pie.

As for our long term plans, we're not sure yet. Likely we'll play defensively, letting the Oerdians, Suel, and Baklune butcher each other while we consolidate our power in the underdark. Any underdark players interested in forming a strategic alliance with a northern force?

We're staying out of the planar arms race for now - We'll stay native. We're proud that way.

Bonedagger

First Post
It's not the PL that matters. I think I have said this before but... Please. Just because you have a low PL doesn't meen you don't have as much right...(That sounded lecturing)

What I'm looking forward to is not a feeling of being powerfull. It's that feeling of chaos.

Example: Trying to visualize gnomes in best ww2 style moving their artillery into position so that they can blast the c... out of those tree-hugging elves. Or a flok of demons closing in on a city as they suddenly see hundreds of heat-seeking missiles comming out of the mist. And so on...

Zelda Themelin

First Post
Bonedagger said:
It's not the PL that matters. I think I have said this before but... Please. Just because you have a low PL doesn't meen you don't have as much right...(That sounded lecturing)

Hehe, I am tired, I type bad english, but this is really funny misunderstanding. I spoke of MY personal power level in net, not my faction's or characters'. Ok, bad joke, but my RL friends always ignore e-mails I send them. :)

Bonedagger said:

What I'm looking forward to is not a feeling of being powerfull. It's that feeling of chaos.

Oh, me too, I am all for chaos. :)

Bonedagger said:

Example: Trying to visualize gnomes in best ww2 style moving their artillery into position so that they can blast the c... out of those tree-hugging elves. Or a flok of demons closing in on a city as they suddenly see hundreds of heat-seeking missiles comming out of the mist. And so on...

:)

zouron

First Post
Another Sunless world attempt?

hehe Anabstercorian (gosh I hate that name I can't spell it to save my life *sniff*) trying to get up in the arm race so you can turn off the sun? a tried illithid method of war from all I have seen, sit back research, let the rest kill themselves and then up... I blotted out the sun. sowwwy! hehe.

ohh EDENA! one not eon the seriousness before, I doubt you should change a lot, the first two threads were fun to play but they were actually fairly serious on some points, (unless I read soemthing wrong?) so don't worry too much really (perhaps a little less apocalytic? we don't need to end the world in turn 3).

As for Lynux all I can say "can't take the heat in the kitchen, wait till you get into the oven!" hehe actually that basically means is that you take it way too serious relax this is a game of fun players between.

For the record I hate when people keep BBQ next door somehow that infamous smoke ALWAYS! end up where I am sitting and reading a good book *mumbles and plots to steal the food dfrom the BBQ just in case...*

ohh finally advise people gets lots of forest under your command you are gonna need the firewood when Anabstercorian makes night night and day that too!

Maudlin

First Post
Forsaken One - Greyhawk isn't mentioned specifically because it's the only redeeming feature of the domains of greyhawk smack dab in the middle of the map (Melkor's black). But I'll put it on there, certainly can't hurt :)

Lynux - Um... relax, guy.

Edena - As for the tone, I guess I was sort of expecting a cross between War of the Words (sincere, but with tinfoil spaceships) and Attack of the Giant Mutant Space Crab People (zany fun). Considering the premise, we can't possibly play it completely seriously, and the world is doomed anyway :D Might as well enjoy the Apocalypse.

Everyone - Does anyone have trouble matching the names on the legend to the factions on the map? (The colours can be off sometimes due to shaded background) Edena requested I put everyone's name on the map itself, but that's likely to change a whole lot during the game and I don't intend to spend the most fertile years of my life chasing your names across the map while you're trampling all over each other :)

(I'm exaggerating slightly :) If people have trouble finding who's who, I'll add the names (that's what it was intended for), I'm just a bit worried it'll get cluttered.)

Black Omega

First Post
The Forsaken One said:
Black Omega, you'll have a special place, in da stomach :D
A special place? Aww..thanks. we'll be sure to bring over a special castle 'warming' present.;)

And from Edena - ((I would not underestimate Forsaken One if I were you.))

No worries, Edena. I was just doing my best to keep things a little light hearted.;)

I personally like FotR style far more than Monte Python for entertainment, but throwing in elements of humor helps in not taking the game -too- seriously. Chess is deadly serious, this doesn't need to be.;)

Turrosh Mak

First Post
What Style?

Maudlin said:

Edena - As for the tone, I guess I was sort of expecting a cross between War of the Words (sincere, but with tinfoil spaceships) and Attack of the Giant Mutant Space Crab People (zany fun). Considering the premise, we can't possibly play it completely seriously, and the world is doomed anyway :D Might as well enjoy the Apocalypse.

I had a similar vision. I also think giant wooden fighting robots should somehow be included. :) (Anyone here seen Robot Carneval?)

I don't think that it is wise to decide now weither the IR will be Serious, Silly, or somewhere in between. The previous IR's were all of those things. The story will become, what the story will become, and any attempt to force it into a certain "mood" will just make things more difficult. There are to many of us, and we all envision this as something different.

And Edena, Please don't change your posting style, It is uniquly you. Part of what made the two prior IRs such fun to read, and I Imagine, to participate was what you wrote when sumarizing and making rulings. also the way you wrote it was important too. It seemed to me that your own tone was semi serious with tounge in cheek.

Last edited:

Turrosh Mak

First Post
Re: Claims, Rulings and comments

Edena_of_Neith said:
((Turrosh Mak, would you wait until Turn Zero to announce that?
Otherwise, everyone will be doing this before Turn Zero, and on Turn One nobody will know where anything is.
Just copy your post, and on Turn Zero repost it. ))

Not a problem

Remove ads