(IR) Preparations for the IR - Thread 3

Mr. Draco

First Post
Well i'm not planning to give up at all. I enjoyed the first ir and am planning to do the same with the third one.

Lynux, if you're reading this, and my being competitive made you upset, or if it was something else i did, i'm sorry.

By the way, chess isn't always serious to the level of sitting and playing for hours. That's just during the actual tournament play :) . Now, lightning chess, there is no way that's nearly as serious. For those of you who don't play chess, lightning chess is a game, usually played one minute time controls (i.e.- one minute per player for all their moves during the entire game). It's really fun, and basically a game of reflexes rather than calculating. Actually, i have a good friend i play lightning chess regularly with except we use 20-30 second time controls (i.e.- 20-30 seconds per person for all their moves). It's crazy, quite often we don't even have time to pick up the pieces properly and just throw them off the board :)

Edena, anyways, on a more IR note, yeah, i think a FoTR type atmosphere is fitting here. Also, is there a psionics arms race?

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Edena here.
I'm asking the moderators to change my e-mail over.
Until then, you won't be able to e-mail me.

No, there is no psionics arms race.
Psionics are something different - an innate ability that one has or does not have.
The humanoids of Toril gained psionics through the sacrifice of the Psionic League.

I've played Lightning Chess, and it is quite fun.
I've played Knightmare Chess, and it is quite fun (you've never played Chess until you've played Knightmare Chess.)
I've played Lightning Chess, and it was a blast.
I have also played Chess, and it was fun.

But then I played a Tournament Chess Player in a casual game.
Upon being defeated soundly, I remarked that I was only a casual chess player.

To which he remarked that I had no business playing him at all - that he was offended that I had taken up his time in such trivial play.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
To Maudlin

I am going to start modifying the Lists now, while I wait for the Moderators to tell me what can be done concerning my situation.

I have about 40 posts worth of modification to do.

Maudlin, I read your post above, and I agree - putting all those names on would clutter the board and - more importantly - take up more time than you have to give, since things will change from Turn to Turn in the IR.

Therefore, forget my request concerning putting in any IRL names in parenthesis.

However, there are some changes that do need to be made, as follows:

Change the color of the Tiger Nomads from blue to the orange of the Kevellond League (Furyondy, Veluna, Keoland.)
Change the color of the Wolf Nomads to that of the Kevellond League.
Change the color of the two small Olman Islands to that of the Kevellond League.
Change the color of the Theocracy of the Pale to that of the Kevellond League.

Change the color of Fellreev Forest to the light blue of Creamstreak's holdings.

Change the color of the Hold of the Sea Princes to the pastel color you have in that spot in the Hellfurnaces south of the Formians (the spot, currently unmarked, that represents Festy Dog.)

Change the color of the Hold of Stonefist to the red of the Empire of Iuz. It's his, now.
Change the color of Tenh to the red of the Empire of Iuz. It's his, now.

Delete the spot of blue color in the Vast Swamp.
The evil elves of the Vast Swamp now serve Acererak.

Change the color of Ket (including Bramblewood Forest) to the red of the Empire of Iuz.
The Kettites are turning traitor to their own people, and allying with Iuz.

Change the color of the Bright Desert to the red of Iuz.
Rary the Traitor is living up to his namesake. He is betraying his own people, and joining Iuz.
Once a traitor, always a traitor.

- - -

Enlarge the name Great Kingdom of Northern Aerdi to the size you have Nyrond in.
Enlarge the name Kingdom of United Ahlissa to the size of Nyrond.

After all, these are both powers as big, or bigger than, Nyrond! :)

Slightly enlarge, and put in bold, Yeomanry.
Slightly enlarge, and put in bold, Sterich.
Slightly enlarge, and put in bold, Ull.

In the ocean north of Hempmonaland (there is no other place to put it) put a pointer facing south - southwest into the heart of the continent - thus the pointer should be at the eastern edge of the map.
Next to the pointer put Empire of the Yuan-Ti

Put another pointer (yeah, I know it's crowded already!) in the Suel Imperium, pointing south-southwest (not nearly as west as the pointer pointing towards Erypt.)

Next to that pointer, put Zingia / Nippon.

And finally, in small but bold print, put Lorridges in the hills around the northern end of the Lortmils.

Hmmm ... that should do it, for now.

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
Urm, about the map....

Where is this kewl detailed map? Cuz i have no previous knowledge of grey hawk and everything i've done so far has been thanks to my valuable ally Kalanyr.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Can I not have a country? Someone house my PC in their area as an allie or something and I'll just play him like I would in a campaign...

William Ronald

Explorer
Consolidated Information

Hello, Edena:

Please award the Fellreev Forest to creamsteak. Also, can some people give him some territory. Also, I thought you were awarding the Wolf and Tiger Nomads to Black Omega.

I have consolidated several of the links into a general listing that you might want to make the fourth post of each thread.

IR Thread Resources

Faction mapfor the World of Greyhawk IR thread:
http://users.pandora.be/maudlin/map.html

Previous IR threads on Toril, the world of the Forgotten Realms campaign setting:

http://bugbearslair.homestead.com/GIRA1.html

The Oerik Continent:
http://www.hallofhero.com/sand/index.cfm

The Big Map of Oerth:

http://members.aol.com/cathbhadhx/tsroerth.gif

Let me know if I can be of help while you are off line. Which sounds like it is happening soon.

Also, this thread is dangerously close to the 200 post limit. I think it may be time to close this thread.

If you have any questions, e-mail me at williamwronald@aol.com before you go off line.

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
edena, i am very sory for your chess experience against the tournament player. on the behalf of chess players everywhere i'd like to apologize for that guy's behavior. He had no reason saying anything like that. Please try to forgive him and give tournament chess a chance. Very few people are like him, i gaurntee it. As an example, i give free chess lessons to children in the community. I also know many very high rated players that are amongst the nicest people i've met. I'm just sorry that game had to be against him. also, don't worry about losing too much. besides, most tournaments have an "unrated" section where people new to tournament chess play against each other; even for people who only play chess casually it's still quite fun (i.e.- you don't lose every game) because everybody else in the unrated section is about as familiar with chess as you.

Serpenteye

First Post
Good idea William. I've thanked Edena before, but now I thank you for your contribution to the IR. Myself, I'm to lazy to do much more than I already am. Although I almost certainly will be your enemy in character, and will give no mercy to my enemies, I extend my hand to you in gratitude.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases