(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 0 - The Sending of the Wanderer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonedagger

First Post
Kas.

All this was not necessary. You didn't have to run of like that. Come to me and we can talk about this. I do not wish to harm you, my friend. There are other ways to solve this problem. I forgive you. Now come to me and we will solve this.

-Vecna

(This message will be send to Kas mentally as soon as Vecna arrives.)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
THE RULES POST - TURN 0

RULE 1: TURNS

A Turn represents one month of game time; one month passed on Oerth, in Greyspace, on Toril, in Realmspace, and everywhere else.
Unless I post otherwise.

A Turn consists of a single thread.
The Turn goes until 200 posts have accumulated on the thread.

At that point, the Turn is over, I will declare Time Out, and post the results of that Turn.

I will begin a new thread for the next Turn, following that.

Every turn will start with the Lists Post and the Rules Post as the first 2 posts of the thread.

- - -

RULE 2: WHAT YOU CAN DO IN A TURN

Post to the thread.

Posting is everything. We are not using dice or cards here - this is the IR.
Posting is the lifeblood of the IR. What you post determines whether this works or does not work.

You Post to roleplay (and you should roleplay)
You Post to attack.
You Post to defend.
You Post whatever your imagination desires.

Remember that your Power can only do so much in one Turn; your Power can only do so much in one month of game time.
If you Post too many actions in a Turn, I will have to disregard your later action posts.
I'll try to tell you if you have reached the limit of what your Power could do in the Turn.

You can, and should, e-mail me.

You e-mail me to tell me your power is trying to advance it's civilization.
You e-mail me to tell me your Power is researching 10th level magic.
You e-mail me with questions, and comments, concerning the IR.

- - -

RULE 3: WATCH FOR MY POSTS

I will attempt to post what is happening during the Turn, summarizing events up til that point.
If you log on, and face 50 to 100 unread posts, scan through the posts until you find mine.

Thus, I am attempting to make this process less intimidating and time consuming for you.

- - -

RULE 4: HOW TO DESTROY YOUR FOES

You can connive and scheme, IC and OOC.
You can post that you are assaulting the enemy.
You can conquer his nations and peoples, and gain his Power Level for your own.

You can state you are devastating, not conquering, or you can do both - in which case your enemy permanently loses Power Level from the country being devastated, if you are successful.
You can make alliances.
You can betray your alliances.

- - -

RULE 5: THE INDUSTRIAL ARMS RACE

At the start of Turn One, all the Powers of Oerth and Greyspace are considered to be in the Dark Ages, or one step up in the Medieval Ages (except the Lortmil Technomancy and the Shadow Empire.)

All Powers are considered to be in the Industrial Arms Race, for this is the IR!

All Powers in the Industrial Arms Race will gain 1 point per Turn.
These points start accumulating on Turn 2.
These points stack. Each Power in the Race continues to gain 1 point per Turn, indefinitely.

You can declare you are sharing your technology with other Powers.
All Powers you share technology with gain an additional 1 point in the Technological Arms Race at the start of the next Turn.

For every Power that shares technology with yours, your Power gains an additional 1 point in the Technological Arms Race.

To a maximum of 4. No power can advance more than 4 points.
So, you can gain 3 points from others helping you, and 1 from your own efforts, maximum.

Here is what your Strength Level in the Technological Arms Race means, in terms of what military weapons your Power can build:

0 indicates your country has primitive firearms.
3 indicates your country has very advanced flintlocks, cannon, and is beginning to seriously enter the field of Technomancy.
6 indicates your country is now able to produce early 19th century weapons.
9 indicates your country is now able to produce mid 19th century weapons.
12 indicates your country is now able to produce late 19th century weapons.
15 indicates your country is at 1900 Terran levels of weaponry.
18 indicates World War One technology.
21 indicates early World War Two technology.
24 indicates late World War Two technology.
27 indicates nuclear weapons.
30 indicates ICBMs.
33 indicates thermonuclear weapons.
36 indicates primitive computer guided weapons.
39 indicates your first space shot.
41 indicates your first moon landing.
45 indicates your first smart weapons.
48 indicates you have very sophisticated computer guided weapons.
51 indicates you can protect your nation from ballistic weapons (nuclear or not) with a missile defense shield.

There is another post (or will be, if I can manage it) called the Technological Addenda post.
There, I and all the others who are willing are commenting on what technology was invented when.
It is quite an eye opener.
Read it, and you'll get a better idea of what kind of nasty things your Power can invent, based on your point total and the chart above.

- - -

RULE 6: ADVANCING AND INDUSTRIALIZING YOUR CIVILIZATION

The ability to build massive weapons of destruction does not mean your civilization is advanced.
At the Start of Turn One, all the Powers of Oerth and Greyspace are considered to be at the Terran equivalent of the year 1500, for the purposes of where they stand in relation to the Renaissance, Enlightenment, and Industrial Revolution.

In other words, everyone on Oerth is medieval at the start.

Exception: The Lortmil Technomancy and the Shadow Empire, which are more advanced.

-

All the Powers of Oerth and Greyspace advance one year into the Renaissance and Industrial Revolution per Turn, automatically.

You may choose to speed up this process by declaring you are allocating part of your Power Level to advancing your civilization.
E-mail me if you are doing this.
Do not post this to the boards.

For every 3 points you allocate, your Power advances 1 additional year into the Renaissance and Industrial Revolution.

You may allocate points to help other Powers advance their civilization.
Other Powers may allocate points to help you.

For every 10 years Terran equivalent your Power advances into the Renaissance and Industrial Revolution, your Power gains the following benefits:

Your small nations and peoples increase in Power Level by 1 point, permanently.
Your larger nations and peoples increase in Power Level by 2 points, permanently.
Your very large nations or whole peoples increase in Power Level by 3 points, permanently.
If you have vast empires, or you represent an entire race, they gain 4 points of Power Level, permanently.

These benefits stack, so if your Power consists of many small nations, it will benefit from the increased Power Level of each and every one of those nations.

- - -

RULE 7: THE PLANAR ARMS RACE

A player can claim 1, 2, or 3 Planar Races to help his Power, at (or before) the start.
Those Planar Races come and aid the Power calling them, automatically.

That Power gains 1 point per Turn for each Planar Race helping him, automatically.

Two or more players may claim the same group of Planars.
If this happens, it is not considered a Contested situation.

A Power may claim the same Planar Race twice, or thrice (such as claiming the demons 3 times.)
Such claims take the place of claiming other Planar Races.

If you discard one Planar Race during play, you can take another in it's place.

-

A player who begins the game claiming only Planars (plus his PC) starts with 9 points per Planar Race claimed.
He can claim 1, 2, or 3 Planar groups.

He then gains 1 point per Planar Race he has, from Turn 2 onward.

- - -

RULE 8: THE MAGICAL ARMS RACE

All Powers are assumed to be in the Magical Arms Race.
All Powers gain 1 point per Turn from this Race, automatically.

The return of the Arcane Age to Oerth and Greyspace is the impetus for this new Arms Race.

- - -

RULE 9: 10TH AND 11TH LEVEL MAGIC

THE CURRENT REALITY

All Powers in the IR are limited to 9th level magic or below.
10th and 11th level magic, is not possible currently.

The only exception is Vecna, and Vecna alone - not his Legions.

Vecna may use 10th level magic.

Vecna may not share the secrets of that magic with anyone else.
He can not share the secrets of 10th level magic even with the greatest mages in his direct service.

This means no power on the board can shift an army from place to place at will.
Your army must march, or fly, or otherwise find a way of transport, such as the Sky League currently has.

Vecna is again an exception - he can transport his entire army (but not someone else's) anywhere in a Turn.

Vecna can do anything within the abilities stated for those able to employ 10th level magic (See below in this rule.)

Wish spells, Miracle spells, Teleport Circle, and other such spells will not allow circumvention of the above restrictions.

I would suggest you not use Wish spells for any purpose in this IR - Wish spells always carry a heavy price for their use.
A Wish spell would - partly - protect you from the effects of a 10th level attack, but the price you'd pay would be high, and could be extremely high. (It could be as high as the damage from the still partially successful 10th level attack.)

Toril may not give the secrets of 10th or 11th level magic, or High Magic, to anyone in Greyspace or on Oerth, including anyone in the Lortmil Technomancy.

Toril may open Gates to Greyspace, and attempt to evacuate the civilian population of it's friends from Greyspace to Realmspace.
This is a one-way affair. If Toril opens such Gates, civilians may come to Toril, but Toril may not send anyone to Oerth (other than a few people to supervise the evacuation.)
THIS move on Toril's part does not open them to attack ... they retain their full strength, the Border Guard of Realmspace remains at full strength, and Toril is still considered to be uninvolved on Oerth, and at peace.

EXPLANATION OF THE CURRENT REALITY

Yes, the arrival of Kas and Vecna into the present has returned the Arcane Age, but it did not come back all at once.
The magic of Greyspace and Oerth is slowly strengthening, slowly changing, slowly reverting back to the eldritch level of the Arcane Age.
Accessing the greater magic of the Arcane Age is possible, but only after great effort and study, which has not been conducted yet.

The Torilians, accustomed to how magic works in Realmspace, are not prepared for the new reality in Greyspace, and need time to adapt also.

Vecna is the only being with sufficient insight and power to have enough understanding, as of yet, to use even 10th level spells.
And even he cannot use 11th level spells.

HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR MAGICAL CAPABILITIES

10TH LEVEL MAGIC

All Powers on Oerth and Toril are in the Magical Arms Race, and gain 1 point per Turn from this Race.
Because they are all in the Magical Arms Race, all Powers on Oerth may attempt to research how to employ 10th level magic.

The Torilians may also attempt to research how to use 10th level magic on Oerth.
To do so, they must have already deployed a force with a point value to Oerth, that force must remain on Oerth for at least one full Turn, and they must use the point value of that force (not their Realmspace point value) to conduct the research from.

Such research is MASSIVELY COSTLY, in money and in time, in danger to the researchers, and in the cost exacted from mind and body of the one who would dare to probe into such great secrets.

Here is what I mean by massively costly:

Millions of gold pieces (or the equivalent) required to set up the intricate and incredibly complicated experimental chambers and to obtain the specialized tools required for the experiments (not to mention the price the mages demand for themselves for this risky venture.)
Mages killed in the experiments, or permanently feebleminded, or taken by Planars, or aged to death, or turned into undead, or those who simply disappear never to be seen again.
Mages who permanently lose the ability to cast any magic.
The rampage of Planars who accidentally are set free by the experiments.
Wild Magic Storms that wipe out entire areas.
Explosions that level entire castles or whole parts of cities.
Disasters that transform entire populations into mutated monsters.
Unexplainable phoenomenon that results in city sized areas having a permanent and deadly change in the very essence of reality (for those of who you
remember the spell Mindspin, from Krynn, think of that.)

This research must be declared to me via e-mail.
Do not post it to the boards.

The Reward:

For every 10 points your Power spends on research, you gain an additional point in the Magical Arms Race.
Spend 30 points, and you will gain an additional 3 points in the Arms Race, gaining a total of 4 points that Turn.

The Penalty:

For every 10 points you spend in research into 10th level magic, you lose 2 points of Power Level permanently - I will choose the nation or nations that drop in Power Level, based on your e-mails.
All the harmful fractions are rounded up, and none of the helpful fractions are. If you spend 7 points in research, you lose 2 points permanently and you must spend an additional 3 points next turn (and lose another 2 points permanently) to achieve that extra 1 point in the Magical Arms Race.

Additional Rules:

You may lend points to another Power so they can conduct research.
They lose no points in Power Level at all.
YOU lose 2 points, permanently, in Power Level per 10 points you lent (and remember that if you loan less than 10 points, you still lose the 2 points.)
You most certainly DO NOT benefit yourself from lending points out - you gain nothing in the way of additional points in the Magical Arms Race for lending points to another Power!
They benefit from your blood, sweat, and tears, and you get nothing back for your generosity.

You may share your research.
If you share it with one other power, you and they split the gains (in other words, you and they gain 1/2 of 1 point per 10 points you spend on research) while YOU pay the price for the research in full (2 points per 10 points spent.)
Bequeath the benefits of your research to 2 Powers, and you and they gain 1/3 of 1 point per 10 you spent, and you pay the full penalty of 2 points lost per 10 spent.
Bequeath the benefits of your research to 3 Powers, and you and they gain 1/4 of 1 point, and you still pay the full penalty.
Bequeath the benefits of your research to 4 Powers, and you and they gain 1/5 of 1 point, and you still pay the full penalty.
Etc.
In other words, if you share your research, they get the goods, and you get the shaft.

When you reach 50 points in the Magical Arms Race, your Power gains the ability to cast 10th level magic freely.
You gain all of the abilities stated in the Rules section for 10th level magic, plus anything appropriate your imagination thinks up, and I approve.
You gain the ability to transport all of your armies from one place to another during the Turn.

It will only cost, one way or another, 500 points of research done by you and/or others, and 100 points of Power Level lost by you and/or others, to achieve this goal.

Of course, this sacrifice will enable only ONE Power to employ 10th level magic.
For TWO Powers to do so, 1000 points would have to be spent in research, and 200 points in Power Level lost.
For THREE Powers to do so, 1500 points would have to be spent in research, and
300 points in Power Level lost.
Etc.

Once you gain the secrets of 10th level magic, you MAY NOT SHARE IT WITH ANYONE ELSE.
You may continue to lend points, to help others - and continue to pay the price of this magical research, if that is your choice.

11TH LEVEL MAGIC

11th level magic is even more awesomely painful and difficult to research than 10th level magic.
Even mighty Vecna must conduct research to relearn how to use 11th level magic in the Present!

You MUST know the secrets of 10th level magic before you can even consider attempting to learn the secrets of 11th level magic - any Power so foolish as to attempt to learn both 10th and 11th level magic at once is courting a magic disaster for the entire world of Oerth, not to mention themselves.

You must, obviously, have gained that 50 points in the Magical Arms Race, to begin research on 11th level magic.

Researching 11th level magic works like researching 10th level magic.

You spend 10 points to advance your Power Level in the Magical Arms Race by 1 additional point - every 10 points spent gives you 1 additional point in that Race.

When you reach a Power Level of 200 in the Magical Arms Race, you may freely use 11th level magic.
Vecna (with his jump of 50 points because he starts knowing the secrets of 10th level magic) need only attain a Power Level of 150 in the Magical Arms Race to freely employ 11th level magic.

For every 10 points of power you spend in research on 11th level magic, you lose THREE POINTS PERMANENTLY from your Power Level total - I choose the nations that suffer the loss, based on your e-mails.

So, if Vecna spends his entire 120 points on said magical research, he will end Turn One with 13 points in the Magical Arms Race.
Almost a 10th of the way there. Almost a 10th of the way to 11th level magic.
Vecna and his Legions permanently loose 36 points of Power Level on that Turn - the price to be paid for research into such awesome and deadly secrets.

However, since Vecna gained 13 points in the Magical Arms Race, the loss is cut to 23 points, and Vecna begins the next turn with a Power Level of 97 (down from 120.)

- IF YOUR POWER CAN EMPLOY 10TH LEVEL MAGIC -

If your Power can employ 10th level magic, your Power gains all of the following:

Your entire army can move as many times as it wishes, to anywhere on Oerth or in Greyspace, during the Turn (if obliterated in a battle, obviously it can't move again.)
Your entire army can be protected from the hostile effects of Wildspace, being underwater, or being immersed in acid or lava.
Your entire army can be protected from magical curses, magical disease, and normal illness.
Your entire army can be relieved of the need for sleep and rest for over a week per Turn.

You can build ships immune to normal storms, waves, normal fire, and normal maritime ballistae and catapults.
You can build ships that will fly.
You can build ships that can submerge like submarines.

You can build walls around your cities that cannot be broken by siege equipment or even small artillery.
You can build structures within your cities that are immune to small artillery, the might of fairly powerful monsters, great heat, or earthquakes.
You can build great underground bunkers, extending for thousands of feet beneath the surface.

You can create permanent Gates, from your land to other places on Oerth, in Greyspace, or to other Planes of existence.
Your PCs, NPCs, and army (but not the armies of other Powers or any kind of Planar Armies) can freely use these Gates.

You can create Pocket Dimensions. In these realities, your civilian population can safely hide, or you may use these to house troops (in stasis, obviously) or supplies, or anything you please.
Nothing can break into your Pocket Dimensions that does not also have 10th level magic.

You can enable your cities to fly, as per Netheril, in which case they can move around at 20 mph.
You can create a base of rock upon which to rest your flying cities, that is imprenable to anything less than large artillery or very great monsters.

You can alter the climate of your land, by one degree (arctic to subarctic to cold temperate to warm temperate to subtropical to tropical to equatorial - totally dry to dry to semidry to semiwet to wet to flooded) per Turn.
You can alter the flora and fauna of your land, by one level of change (from the flora and fauna of the warm temperate lands, to the flora and fauna of the subtropics) per turn.
You may partially alter the geography in one place within your land, per turn (one part of a mountain range, a range of hills, part of a great river valley, the whole of a small river valley.) Such a change could involve diverting the course of a river, making mountains taller or shorter, making hills higher or lower, cleaving a new pass through the mountains, creating a small lake, drying up a
small lake, altering the size of a large lake, and similar lesser changes.

You may create one Mythal over one of your cities, or over a one thousand square mile area of your land, where reality can be drastically altered.
A Mythal could allow:

Your army could be healed totally after a few days within it.
Your army could be protected from magical disease or curses within it.
The whole area could be warded against teleportation or scrying into the area.
Certain races can be banned from the Mythal area, and be totally unable to enter (up to 10 stated races.)
Every being in the Mythal area could gain up to 5 innate magical powers of 3rd level or less, while they remain in the Mythal.

You can greatly extend the lifespan of a handful of your people, to hundreds of years if human or halfling, a thousand if elven, dwarven, or gnomish.

You can attempt to give your entire population innate magical abilities of 2nd level or less (one ability per Turn.)

Your ability to attack another Power is greatly enhanced, and I will take this into account whenever you make an attack.
Your ability to defend yourself from an attack is greatly enhanced, and I will take this into account whenever you are attacked.

If you have 10th level magic, and your PC (not your NPCs) directly confronts an enemy PC or NPC, you may KILL that PC or NPC beyond resurrection, leaving him or her permanently dead (unless the Power running that PC or NPC gains 10th level magic to bring the dead one back.)
If your PC is facing more than one enemy PC or NPC, you cannot pull this stunt.
Their combined defensive strength means you must fight them normally.
You can only pull this stunt once per Turn.

You can scry your enemies pitilessly with 10th level magic ... they cannot hide from you.
You can keep track of exactly where every PC and NPC in the IR is, at all times. (Amulets of Proof Against Detection and Location will not work against 10th level magic.)

Special restriction - you cannot attack and kill an enemy PC on Turn 1 (I want them to have a chance to read this rule, and sweat ... and have some chance to save themselves.)
However, NPCs are fair game on Turn 1.

-

You may throw a catastrophe upon one enemy nation (not Power, but nation.)
You choose the kind of attack: volcanic eruption, firestorm, earthquake, tidal wave, wild magic storm, super arctic cold (100 below zero), super heat wave (200 degrees), colossal storms and tempests, rains of acidic blood, rains of colorless
death, or anything else that pleases you.
If the enemy has 10th level magic, he can block your attack.
If the enemy uses a Wish spell, he can partly block it (I require the wording of the Wish spell in an e-mail.)
Mutiple Wishes could nullify your attack: take comfort in the fact your enemies will pay a very high price for using those Wishes to stop you.
This attack will devastate an area the size of a small country, such as Dullstrand or the Duchy of Ulek, or cause serious damage across a larger country like Furyondy or Ahlissa.
Your enemy's Power Level will suffer ... the Power Level of a small nation will be obliterated; the Power Level of a larger nation will be reduced.
Such an attack will permanently alter the geography, flora, fauna, and possibly the climate of the area attacked.

-

You can do many more things than the above: the above is only a sampling.
Your imagination is required here. Submit to me what it is you are trying to do with your 10th level magic, and I will arbitrate whether it can be done.

NOTE: Remember that, even though you have 10th level magic, you can still only take so many actions in a Turn.
If you take more actions than your Power could do in one month, I will inform you that you are at the limit ... and then disregard further actions from your Power.

IF YOUR POWER CAN EMPLOY 11TH LEVEL MAGIC

This section is under construction.
11th level magic is much greater than 10th level magic, and with it one can break the fundamental rules of Dungeons and Dragons.

For example, openings can be made in Crystal Spheres, or closed.
The climate over a vast region can be permanently altered to whatever climate is desired.
The Workings of Magic itself can be disrupted.

I am still considering this one.

- - -

RULE 10: SPECIAL RULES ON TECHNOLOGY

Technology and technomancy created on Toril and in Realmspace will work fine, on Toril and in Realmspace.
Technology and technomancy created on Oerth and in Greyspace will work fine, on Oerth and in Greyspace.

Such technology can be given to the Planars for their use (but the Planars do not start their own Technological Arms Race ... your Power must continue that.)

Technology and technomancy created on Toril and in Realmspace, which is taken to Oerth and/or Greyspace, DOES NOT WORK AT ALL.
Technology and technomancy created on Oerth and in Greyspace, which is taken to Toril and/or Realmspace, DOES NOT WORK AT ALL.

- - -

RULE 11: FROM TORIL TO OERTH / FROM OERTH TO TORIL

The United Commonwealth of Toril (and only the United Commonwealth of Toril) may send forces to Oerth.
The United Commonwealth of Toril has 1,000 points of Power Level. They can send as much of this to Oerth as they please.
Whatever Power Level they deploy to Oerth, however, loses half it's strength.

Thus, if the United Commonwealth sends 400 points of strength to Oerth, the force sent will only have a strength of 200 points on Oerth.
The United Commonwealth will have 600 points of it's own remaining, in Realmspace.

It would be a really bad idea for the United Commonwealth to send more than half it's force to Oerth, since the Eternal Empire of Toril (with a Strength Total of 500) might decide to attack it.

It would also be a really bad idea for the United Commonwealth to send most of it's force, because the Border Guard that protects Realmspace is supported by the United Commonwealth.
Currently, the Border Guard has sufficient power to protect Realmspace from any attack, including Vecna and his Legions.
For every point of power the United Commonwealth sends to Oerth, that is that much less strength the Border Guard has to protect Realmspace.

If the United Commonwealth sends forces to Oerth, those forces are under the following restrictions:

They may employ no technology higher than the late 18th century.
They may employ no 10th or 11th level magic.
They must remain on Oerth once sent until the next Turn, when they may retreat - if still alive to do so.
They cannot jump from one place to another on Oerth using magic, anymore than anyone else on Oerth can, except for Vecna.

If the force sent by the United Commonwealth is destroyed, the United Commonwealth will lose some of it's base Power Level as a result, permanently.

-

At the start, no Power on Oerth or in Greyspace may attack Toril or any place in Realmspace.
The Border Guard of the United Commonwealth is too strong for any force, even the Legions of Vecna, to penetrate.
This may change if the United Commonwealth depletes the Border Guard, in which case I will post the news.

If it does become possible for Oerth to attack Toril, you will face more than the United Commonwealth of Toril.
The Powers of Realmspace are likely to unite to fight you, unless you pull off some very shrewd diplomacy.

Other Powers in Realmspace include:

The Eternal Empire, PL 500
Hope Isle, PL 500
The Scro Star League, PL 300
The Church of Toril, PL 100

In their home system, the people of Realmspace have full access to their technology (Terran equivalent 2100), their 10th level magic, and their 11th level magic.

- - -

RULE 12: HIGH LEVEL PCS AND NPCS

A character of 30th level 2nd or 3rd edition has a Power Level of 1.
A character of 60th level 2nd or 3rd edition has a Power Level of 2.
A character of 90th level 2nd or 3rd edition has a Power Level of 3.
A character of 120th level 2nd or 3rd edition has a Power Level of 4.
A character of 160th level 2nd or 3rd edition has a Power Level of 5.

If the character has innate magical powers, and huge numbers of high powered magical items (and/or artifacts) his power level can increase further.
By further, I mean by 1 Power Level ... 2 at the absolute most, assuming the most extraordinary of conditions.

The above applies to NPCs.
It applies to the famous NPCs of Oerth.

An NPC who is a demipower, like Iuz, has inherently greater power than the norm, and his PL is enhanced further.

- - -

RULE 13 - THE CITY OF THE GODS

Originally (and still, officially) a Mystaran product, the City of the Gods is here on Oerth, for the IR.
It is the left-over product of a super-advanced civilization (more advanced even than the United Commonwealth of Toril) that has disappeared.
It has maintained itself for thousands of years since, by maintaining and creating new robots.

The City of the Gods, as people call it, sits up in the Godspires, in the Black Ice (just off-map to the north), in the middle of the territory of the Solistarim.

It is not possible to claim the City of the Gods.
The Solistarim cannot claim the City of the Gods anymore readily than anyone else.

It IS possible to raid the City of the Gods for their high tech goodies.
A successful raid (75% of any raid being successful) produces an increase in your PL of 2, permanently.
An unsuccessful raid (25% of any raid being unsuccessful) produces nothing.

Each raid, successful or unsuccessful, against the City of the Gods gives a cumulative 1% chance that the City of the Gods will take notice of the raids, and that there are beings out there existing that can raid it.
In that case, the City of the Gods will DECLARE WAR ON EVERYONE IN THE IR.

Yours Truly will run the City of the Gods if that happens.

The City of the Gods will then attack all those who raided it, immediately.
Once those Powers are destroyed, the City of the Gods will randomly attack all the other Powers in the IR.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Kessel GnomeWorks watches all of these images fly before his eyes. He says naught as visuals that indicate that everything that he and his people have worked towards is evil. His face shows no emotion as the images of evil shades and powers that would destroy the Lortmils and the technology they hold flit before his unseeing eyes.

As it ends he closes his eyes and sighs.

"So. They would make us their enemies, would they? We must take action, and quickly. They will no doubt soon begin to attack."

A courier with the message from Lord WIlliam Ronald.

Kessel glances over it, then rereads it slowly.

"Indeed." He says. He picks up a piece of parchment, a pen, and begins to write. We have no technology of this sort, of the sort shown in this message that either the wanderer or those of the shade have shown. We do not go forth recklessly in our testing, we do not destroy nature to further the cause of technology. We wish to use our technologies to enhance the word of Oerth, to bring peace and prosperity to our world. We have no wish to destroy all that is here. Nor are we puppets of those from the Torillian Commonwealth, nor do they wish us harm. As your ambassador may tell you, we have nothing to hide, and all that I tell you is true. -Kessel GnomeWorks.

"Here. Take this back to Lord WIlliam Ronald's ambassador, and return it." He hands it to the messenger, who then promptly leaves.

"We will need many allies in the time to come, that is for sure." The small gnome says, and sits quietly in the room with his thoughts.

I want to see people`s reactions to The Sending of The Shade!

TO EDENA ANd MY ALLIES!

Following powers receive technological aid from Shade and the secrets of Shade Transformation( in exchange we expect some slaves, resources, gold etc. so I thinl Shade power level will increase by few points)

-Dark Union of Eastern Oerth

_Forces of Kalamyr

-Pomajr Empire

-Scarlet Brotherhood

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The News

The News - Update 1

The Formians have gathered a number of races into one great swarm, including illithids and many underdark races.
Spelljamming fleets appear over Oerth. Illithid and neogi spelljamming fleets.
The Unseelie emerge for the first time, to the terror of the people of the Flanaess.

A major meeting is occurring in Veluna, with many high ranking members of the Kevellond League and diplomats from other nations attending.
In this meeting, it is stated that the Kevellond League has extreme doubts concerning the truth of the Sending of the Wanderer.
They are urging everyone be cautious concerning this message.
They send the results of this meeting Flanaess and Oerth wide.
The result of their meeting is quickly heard on Toril.
They are going to send a representative to Toril, if Toril will allow this, to discern the truth of the matter.

There are rumors, soon confirmed, of troop mobilization in Suhfang.

Another Sending hits Toril, and everyone sees the visage of a beautiful female drow, who looks indistinct and shadowy (please read Lord Melkor’s post on page one.)
Greyhawk City falls to a mysterious force calling itself the Shadow Empire.
It is renamed The Shadow Throne.
The fate of it’s people ... they are enslaved, and not much further is known (it’s bad, though ...)

The Shadow Empire is demanding all agents of Toril except theirs leave the planet, NOW, or else.

Last edited:

Uvenelei

First Post
Panic follows in the wake of the Sending as it reaches the courts of Ishtarland, Lyrn, and the Wind Dukes. Seeing eminent danger in their future, the three rulers come together to form an alliance. When it comes to the appointment of a ruler of this new Alliance, wisdom prevails over pride, and the three agree to select a neutral third party with vested intrests in seeing the peace of the three realms maintained. The group agrees to place Aurican, a dragon whom each of the three trusts greatly, at the head of the new Alliance. They give him full authority and call for him.
Aurican, having recieved the Sending as well as the summons from the three rulers, races to the capital of Lyrn at once. Peace and stability must be maintained, or all his careful planning and investments into forming a trading empire spanning western Oerik will be for naught.

Serpenteye

First Post
Introduction to The Great Empire of Aerdi and the Dark Union

This is what is, what has already been done, the current state of the Empire. Know your friend, know your enemy.

OOC- I, Serpenteye, represent the Emperor of the Great Empire of Aerdi, a proud, strong and lawful evil nation. The Empire consists of former Greater Ahlissa and former Kingdom of Nortern Aerdi and the surrounding lesser provinces, united under one throne with a unified and highly centralized government. The people of this nation suffer, also from government opression but even more from the evil and twisted religions that seek to spread famine, plague, murder and hatred to fuel the power of their gods. The Nobility, that also tormented the people in the past, has been wiped out and all land and nearly all wealth is the property of the Emperor or the churches. The people in general has no great love for their government but they hate and fear the dark religions of Nerull, Hextor, Erythnyl and their ilk even more. The people in general fear and respect but they do not love the Emperor, except for about fifth of the population who practically worship him.

They have some reason to love him. There is no starvation in times of peace, the government stores food in good years and ration it to the people in bad years. No unemployment is allowed. The legal system is massive and reasonably fair and in theory treat everybody the same way except the high burocrats, the imperial army and the churches. Do not mistake this for solidarity or mercy, it's all extremely pragmatic and intended to allow the economy and society to function with minimal friction and turbulence. The Emperor taxes as well as he spends and the peasants keep merely bare necessity of what they produce. The estimates of necessity are not generous. Craftsmen have somewhat more generous conditions, they get a bonus for high production. Both workers, experts and peasants are severely punished if they are not productive enough.

The basic system of education is of average quality but open for all, though only those of talent are allowed (or capable) to study anything more than farming or simple labour and crafts work. All people of talent undergo a highy disciplined and demanding education and are then put in those positions they are trained for. Aerdi therefore has a large number of mages, sages, burocrats, professional soldiers and skilled craftsmen. This elite live under relatively good conditions and the elite of the elite enjoy a life in luxory. Their loyalty is secured by magical and mundane conditioning, the loyalty of the general population by everpresent propaganda.

The Aerdian society is highly supervised. Government mages divine for criminals and foreign influences and (non rogue) rogues and assassins work around the clock to guard the people from themselves and outside threaths. A very large part of the population are informants and they are magically tested to discern the truthfulness of their accusations against their friends and neigbors. Dislike of the Emperor is a crime and many have "disappeared" for voicing their complaints in the wrong company. The assassins of Aerdi have the important task to search out and kill leaders of rebellions and opposing military forces. Key government facilities are extensively magically warded and protected against attack and divination.

There is a long tradition of Necromancy and Fiendology in the lands of the Empire. All dead, since about a decade ago, are reanimated into undead form and made to work the hardest and most dangerous work in quarries, stripmines and construction of fortresses, roads and canals and simple farmlabour, they also serve as expendable shock-troops in battle. Damaged undead are mended and reanimated. Higher forms of undead are respected and treated like other powerful citicens, although they are magically bound and compelled to obey the laws and decrees of the Emperor. Fiends (mostly baatezu and yugoloth) enjoy similar treatment. They are given all the respect they deserve but are strictly controlled by the government. This does unfortunately not apply to the fiends and undead the various churches posess (and in some cases are posessed by). Government relations with the churches are cold in the extreme but have yet to escalate into war.

The armies of Aerdi consist of a large core of highly trained professionals, fiends and undead and can be greatly expanded with peasant conscripts in times of need. The mages of the Empire can of course also be called upon to fight for their ruler.
Aerdi is a rich and fertile land with a large population and sufficient resourses of many minerals. Great deposits of iron, oil and coal are hidden deep beneath the surface.
------

Kas, the great warlord, just recently arrived to the Dark Union but has already gained a not inconsiderable influence in military circles.
The Isles of Woe, impressed by our strength, swore fealty to the Union government but maintain a somewhat greater degree of self-rule than other procinces of the Union.

Phibrizzo, the misguidingly warlord, sits in his throne, his boyish form smiling and laughing as he notes the casual way that the lady addresses people 'underneath' her.

People should not rule like this, what once was chaos turns into law shall turn into chaos once again. Why are these people fighting it? Chaos as my ally, this world will return to whence it came. Although Phibrizzo's face does not betray his thoughts or his emotion.

The death slaad's childish form quickly distintegrates and forms an unnatural gray, his muscles bulging as glimmering adamantium appendeges takes its form. The Hellmaster strides toward a mirror casually, placing his hand infront of it, the glass begins to form into a water-like image, a blurry face appearing.

"Set the plan into motion, the time has come for chaos to reign."

Creamsteak

Explorer
Sanctus Punitor, master of Castle Delrune just returned from a meeting with all of his advisors... Regina Canities approaches him gamingly....

"Lord, was there any trouble? No doubt they gave you a hard time, but it cannot be all that important... not nearly as important as your lack of an heir."

Sanctus Punitor, a Paladin in the service of the High Elves has a sick pain in his stomach... it appears that many of his rivals are mounting to start another war.

"Regina, listen, it's not your duty to concern yourself with my personal matters."

Regina lurches towards Sanctus who is moving towards his throne. Sanctus appears to be ill in cheek, his face pale and green.

"You allow a few strong instincts and a few plain rules to guide your actions."

Sanctus looks up with some resolve, and grabs his blade up into his hands... holding over his head he cries out...

"The Forces of Delrune March... Tenser will be left in command of the castle with some of his forces. We are marching on the Riftcrag immediately."

Regina seems disinterested in his command words... she grabs his hand...

"Lord, why do you always come up with such blasphemy to avoid me? Does your duty to your rules outweigh your duty to your people...?"

Sanctus seems to frown, and then blows it off.

"The Riftcrag is your target... I will be moving towards the one I have been seeking for this long time. Tell the council, we have little time. I cannot stand here and become distracted... the evils have little need for talk and entertainment. You will recieve the plans as they come, Regina. For this day, we March on the Riftcrag. Here are the troop alotments."

Creamsteak Turn 0 - 1st Movements (All not listed is undecided)

THE NATIONS OF THE CENTRAL-EASTERN FLANAESS (KNOWN AS OLD AERDI WEST) PL 31 (Sanctus Punitor)
Duchy of Tenh (Oerdian humans, suel humans, flannae humans, elves, dwarves, gnomes) PL 4
Calrune (Centaurs, high elves, oeridian humans, suel humans, gnomes, halflings, neutral and good) PL 3
The People of Celadan Forest (High elves, oeridian humans, suel humans, gray elves, wood elves, gnomes, halflings, good) PL 4
Delrune (High elves, gray elves, wood elves, wild elves, good) PL 5
The People of Gamboge Forest (High elves, gray elves, wood elves, wild elves, gnomes, halflings, neutral and good) PL 4
The People of the Phostwood (High elves, gray elves, oeridian humans, dwarves, gnomes, good) PL 4
Seldanora (High elves, oeridian humans, gray elves, flannae humans, wood elves, suel humans, neutral and good) PL 4
Tenser (NPC, human, fighter/mage of very high level, good) PL 1
Sanctus Punitor (In Latin: Holy Avenger) (PC, male high elf, Pal 10 / Rgr 10, lawful good) PL 2

The People of the Phostwood, The People of Gamboge Forest, Calrune, Delrune, The People of Celadan Forest, and Sanctus Punitor (Total PL of 22) is moving to my Phostwoods border with Artonsamay. If the enemy does not seem present we may press on into Artonsamay. If the enemy is present we will hold our lines, and when Turn 1 starts Sanctus will ask for a duel with whichever warlord is willing to accept.

THE NATIONS AND PEOPLES OF THE EASTERN AND SOUTHEASTERN FLANAESS (KNOWN AS OLD AERDI EAST) PL 6 (Regina Canities)
Peoples of the Grandwood (High elves, oeridian humans, wood elves, suel humans, wild elves, some humans of other types, grey elves, dwarves, gnomes, halflings, treants, forest beings, neutral and good) PL 3
The Northern Peoples of the Hollow Highlands (hill dwarves, suel humans, oeridian humans, gnomes, high elves, neutral and good) PL 3

The Peoples of Grandwood are building a link of stone trenches under the forest. (Think Vietnam). These bunkers are spread out sporatically, with some hard points to resist bombardment. There are traps of all sorts from the DMG inside (minor nuisance mostly), and a lower level where water drains off into. The Forces here are dividing up into seperate Terrorist Cells (about 1/3 PL each).

THE NATIONS AND PEOPLES OF THE CENTRAL-WESTERN FLANAESS (KNOWN AS THE WESTERN NYR DYV AREA) PL 4 (Illborg Bellringer)
Peoples of the Gnarley Forest (High elves, wood elves, oeridian humans, some humans of other types, some gnomes, treants, forest beings, good) PL 2
Rangers of the Gnarley Forest (Dedicated to protecting Gnarley Forest, good) PL 2

The whole Gnarley is moving into the Lortmills, 1,000 of Rangers (ones with Humanoid type favored enemies such as orcs) are going to start training in the use of Firearms to act as snipers for the Rangers.

THE NATIONS AND PEOPLES OF THE NORTHERN FLANAESS PL 4 (Gorgosh Ubeno)
Refugees of Fellreev Forest (Humans of all types, demihumans of all types, forest spirits, forest beings, all alignments) PL 4

The Refugees of Fellreev Forest are mounting along their southern border with Kinemeet, and setting up watch towers to look out for invasions coming from the south. The forces are watchdogging the area.

THE NATIONS AND PEOPLES OF THE NORTHEASTERN FLANAESS (KNOWN AS THE THILLONRIAN PENINSULA) PL 3 (Shortwind Ballsmasher)
People of Timberway Forest (Swanmay, treants, forest spirits, high elves, grey elves, suel humans, oeridian humans, gnomes, halflings, good) PL 3

THE NATIONS AND PEOPLES WHO ARE SOUTH OF THE FLANAESS, BUT WHO ARE SHOWN ON THE MAP (THE AZURE SEA / AERDI SEA / DENZAC GULF / HEMPMONALAND AREAS) PL 3 (Pogo The-Monkey)
Peoples of the Amedio Rainforest (Humans of unknown types, monsters of every type from the MMs, all alignments) PL 3

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
THE NEWS

The News - Update 2

Rumors are flying everywhere.
There is widespread disbelief, terror, awe, anger, bewilderment, and a lot of other things in the hearts and minds of the people of Oerth.
Panic breaks out continent wide.

Everywhere, peasants are fleeing their fields, their hamlets, even the towns, into the walled cities, or into the forests, or into cellars, or into any hiding place possible.
They are being aided by local druids and others.

In the towns and cities, there is bedlam.
Merchants are closing their shops, people are running through the streets yelling and shouting, fights are breaking out everywhere, law and order are breaking down.
Looters and arsonists have their way, and soon many towns and cities have out of control fires in progress.

Clerics and mages are all divining, or communing, bewildered and amazed, trying to figure out WHAT they have seen, what it means, what’s about to happen, and whether it is the truth.

A statement comes from the Lortmil Technomancy denouncing the Sending of the Wanderer, and effectively calling it a lie.
They state they wish to use their technology to help Oerth.

There are rumors of a drow attack. There are rumors of Shadow Monsters being everywhere in the Flanaess - which adds greatly to the panic.
Even the nobles are barricading themselves in their fortresses now, while peasants bang on the gates and scream to be admitted.

There are rumors the Sending of the Wanderer and the Sending of the Shades are from the same source.
There are rumors the Sending of the Wanderer is a drow ploy.
There are rumors Toril is about to invade Oerth.
There are rumors that Toril has an army of fiends with which it is about to burn down the Flanaess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads