(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 3 (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
We, the people of the Lortmils, have decided something.

We're screwed.

But that's okay. We're not going to go down without a fight. We can handle Vecna. We can at least cripple him, anyway.

We retreat into the Lortmils, into the homeland. Kessel himself will go out into the battle, preparing all sorts of maximized combat spells and powers, and praying that whatever deity is watching him up there helps out, even if it's just a little bit. Everyone in the Lortmils is being pressed into service - either to fight Vecna, or (the smarter ones) being assigned to rapid technological warfare research.

Those really small iron golems? We'll start fashioning them so that they can be fired from our weaponry. We start arming them with magic missiles, or vials of nitroglycerin made magically stable until impact, or something. We'll arm them with stuff that will be capable of taking out an adequate radius, preferably in an explosive or spectacular manner. We'll try to command these to aim for the leaders in their ranks (ones that can be hurt - ie, not Vecna), but if they hit anything that is an enemy, I'm okay with it, but leaders before normal troops would be prefered.

We'll also try levitating tanks and such, see how that works. We'll begin working on planes armed to the teeth, but not bogged down with so much that they can't fly, augmenting their flight with fly spells if necessary.

We pull out all the stops, Edena. Everything we've got, tested or not, it's going at Vecna's troops. No matter the cost, he must be stopped.

Anabstercorian

First Post
Come and get me!

Anabstercorian doesn't like fighting this guy so close to Vecna - Might attract attention. He snarls and flits away.

<< Come and get me, you worthless, spineless Formian! Your Queen was a Slaad and your father burned the Hive! >>

He sprints off with his unarmored speed of 90, laughing at Vaegroth and goading him in to giving chase as they sprint north towards the Godspires.

Unbeknownst to Vaegroth, the Black Dragons of the Solistarim have teleported south to meet them as close as is safe...

JohnBrown, Iuz has to deal with 4 Shadowlords coming against him(Ahlissa, Baelros, Rhamagaum, Rivalen) +their bodyguards. Edena time to roll some dice I think.

-Lord Melkor sent a sending to his children, sitting on his Throne in Glory.

-To Battle, in the name of Darkness! Time has come for the strong to prey upon the week and soft followers of the light! Crush them ,make them pray for mercy that shall not be given to them, for they dared to defy The Shadowking, Sin which shall not be forgiven! Your God has spoken!

Motivated by this speech, Shade Hordes descend upon the realm of Celene, crushing everything in their path, and Darkness accompanies them. Shadow Dragons pray from above upon the elven cities while Planar Terrors and Undead crush everything in their path, no children, no women are spared. Technological devices of destruction take terrible death toll, and Shade wizards cast spells of death and Shadow that drain life energy from their enemies, and their decay, and die in pain.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
John Brown asked me to pass on the fact that his troops from the Cairn Hills are attacking the flank of Vecna. Even Vecna and the Shade have to attack and defend. Also, I believe John Brown has a few NPCs who can help Iuz.

Gnomeworks, good call on the nanotech golems. Of course, you can have sunburst spells go off when they hit. or grenades.

Edena, if my forces are unable to hold the line, we do a fighting retreat towards the Lortmils and the Pomarj, which ever is closer for the appropriate force. Railways are used to evacuate civilians from areas threatened with conflict.. If they are threatened with capture, the tracks are ruined. (Assuming we survive and triumph, we will rebuild.) Also, do remember that the planars of my allies who are not currently posting -Darkness, Uvenelei, Alyx, and Zelda are on the front lines. Zagyg will also join the front lines, assuming Uvenelei has no objections.

Archcleric Hazen and Larissa Hunter are standing shoulder to shoulder raining down destruction on the enemy forces - holding ground when they can, falling back to defensible positions when they must. Sir Sammel Hain is giving young troopers the benefit of 90 years of life - a lot of that with hard fighting.

A soldier holds the banner of the Oerth Alliance aloft. He is perhaps 18 years old.

"Sir Hain, I have never seen anything like this? What do we do when all hell breaks loose?"

"Your best. Nothing more, nothing less."

Last edited:

JohnBrown

First Post
Inside 3C, Rary watches the movement of the little lead pieces across the board. There aren’t nearly as many as there was before. Many of them were moving in the wrong direction.

Iuz’s sudden growth of a backbone and the effectiveness of Doomgrinder were pleasant surprises, unfortunately they weren’t making up for the number of unpleasant ones…

At a long table sat, a row of mages busily staring into crystal balls and scribbling notes. These notes were then pass to clerks that handed them to the board controllers. A fresh note was handed to one such controller. With his stick, he removes a figure representing a battalion of gnomish tanks. Rary winches….

“The western line seems to have almost collapsed sir…” said the board-controller afraid to look Rary in the eye.

Rary had hoped that the technology of the Oerth Alliance would allowed them to hold…it certainly was affective, it just wasn’t enough.

“Alright, if the Oerth Alliance continues to fall back have all of our western front forces fall back with them…carrying our wounded.” said Rary quietly.

A couple of the clerks looked at Rary in surprise. Was that compassion they just heard?

“So, they can be healed to re-join the fight later!” said Rary in a quiet but forceful response to the clerks’ unasked question. “Have Robilar and the Doomgrinder crew stand ready to launch another assault. The Vecna’s Legions and the Shade can’t attack AND defend at the same time. Their losses were just as severe, if not more so. If Vecna foolishly pursues the fleeing force we attack from the Cairn throwing in all but 2 PL of our reserves.”

(OOC: Note we started with 37 or so PL in the Cairn with 5 in the Cairn and 5 in the Abbor-alz as defense/reserves, Edena…Not sure how much we have left, could you let me know :) ).

“That will either make him stop, allowing our allies,” no matter how many times he said that, it still tried to stick in Rary’s throat, “ a chance to withdraw. We then pull back into our defensive positions in the Cairn and Abbor-Alz. If he doesn’t stop, well then, we’ll just see won’t we…? ”

Rary’s orders are interrupted by the sound of bodies hitting the floor behind him.

“Complements of Lord Forrester, Lord Roland, and his Most Holy, Lord Iuz, sir.” said the orc captain standing over three paralyzed Black Brotherhood agents.

“Well, now what do we have here?”

The agents start mumbling something through their gag.

“Can you understand what they are saying, Most Holy?” asked the captian.

“Not really, but I’m sure its something like ‘We’re big, we’re bad, we’re not afraid of you...blah, blah, blah”

Rary snaps his fingers and the leather chair is brought to him. He sits. It was very comfortable; he could understand why Tenser liked it so much.

“Now boys, you and I are going to have a little talk. I’m going to ask the questions and you are going to answer them. The first question is how did you manage to get into Doomgrinder?”

(More to come)

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
Kas and his honor-guard are going to continue fighting along the front line of Forrester's forces, whether they retreat or hold the line. Unless he sees a very good opportunity to go after Vecna himself, in which case, he takes it.

Okay, small change of plans. Edena, all Shadowlords will come against Iuz and his NPC`s! By the way isn`t Acerak with us, he might get his revenge against Forrester!

William Ronald

Explorer
Edena,

Were Iuz's forces, the kender and the dwarves from the spelljamming mountains able to get the Doomgrinder lifted to where John Brown wants it. There are a lot of bright minds working on this with spells, technology, and determination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads