(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 3 (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Ronald

Explorer
Kaboom and Dagger:

Can your forces ferry in some more of Uvenelei's, Black Omega's. and Darkness' forces to the front lines. Also some of Zelda's and Turrosh Mak's troops from the Dark Swamp.

William

Last edited:

To Mr Draco

Lord Melkor sends a telepathic message to Kas.

-It seems that you and your former master are worth each other! You are both insane, you with your lust for revenge, and Vecna is just a bubbling idiot! However Vecna is still worth much to me as an ally, much more than you. But still, in long terms I would rather assosiate with God-Emperor, which unfortunately happens to be your ally! If you be so nice and go away I might give you Vecna when I decide to dispose of him!

Last edited:

Forrester

First Post
Actually, given the fact that the front lines have broken (I think?), it might be best for them to be transported to the Lortmills . . . we'll beat a fighting retreat to them, and hole up there.

Gnomeworks has been fortifying the Lortmills against enemy attack for god knows how long -- it's probably our best shot against Vecna's troops.

Still waiting for an update/more details from Edena, though, especially re how far we are along into the month.

Forrester

KABOOM -- I've sent you a very important question through email/posted it you-know-where. Need a private response.

EDIT:

KABOOM -- just got your response. Thanks much. Just what I needed.

Last edited:

JohnBrown

First Post
A prequel to the Rary story

Iuz leaves the Doomgrinder, once again under his troops control, muttering to himself, “Kender?…I owe my prize to kender?…I must be slipping…”

He re-adjusts the burden he is carrying, a large bundle of newly paralyzed Black Brotherhood agents. Now, how to disperse them…?

“Well, Lord Forrester’s heaven-spawn did serve their purpose,” Iuz thought to himself.

A shadow flickered at the edge of Iuz’s vision. “Have at thee!” came a cry.

What do you know; it was Baelros, Demon Lord of Shadow bearing down on him. “My, he looks impressive,” thought Iuz

The derro inside Doomgrinder stood ready to assist their Lord, to back whatever gambit he chose. He didn’t seem to be moving however.

The dark and hideous beast, spawned from the nightmares of a thousand demons beared down on Iuz.

Still Iuz didn’t move.

It’s horrible black axe, the slayer of hundreds of solar, cocked back as he flew at Iuz, ready to split him in two….

Until he fell to ground in a painless, but still embarrassing, heap after crashing head long into a the Wall of Force (or Stone, or Ice, or whatever stops shades, Iuz would know) that Iuz erected at the very last second.

“Better luck, next time... I would love to stay and play, but I have better things to do then waste my time on some shadow pretending to be a god…like me. Oh, boys,” said Iuz to the derro manning the techno-magic weapons mounted in Doomgrinder, “could I have a couple blast of Bone Melter? Right about here.” He then teleports out to drop off his prisoners.

Two 10’ diameter cone-shaped blasts of white light target Baelros who, unharmed except for his pride, wisely decides to leave before they touch his fragile shade skin

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
A llittle bit of history

Edena:

A relatively simple way to through off enemy units from using the rails is to adapt something from WWI, which this part of the IR resembles.

The Germans had trouble using captured Russian rail lines because the tracks were a different gauge. Quite literally, their trains could not fit properly on the Russian tracks.

I should have remembered this in advance, but the Lortmils built rails having a different gauge from those of other technological powers would be a relatively basic safety precaution.

(I can't remember everything all at once.)

Dagger, can you help Kaboom's taxi service in ferrying in more troops.

Also, was the Doomgrinder moved.

Creamsteak

Explorer
If this fight still isn't over yet...

Sanctus Punitor is returning to the Lortmills to join the refugees of the Gnarley Forest (appropriately renamed). This (4 PL) force + All My Planars (PL 6 this round?) + Sanctus Punitor (PL2) = 12 PL in addition to the rest of the forces in the Lortmills.

So don't forget about me and mine defending the Lortmills.

William Ronald

Explorer
Holy Rain, Batman!

As dagger has left me in control of his forces, I need Edena to rule if this is possible. Kaboom, you may want to do this with a flying citadel's cargo hold.

After making an air-aerosol attack (phosphorus and gasoline), the cargo hold of a dwarven spelljamming mountain is cleaned by magic. It is filled with water. Clerics and the demigod Keoghtom use their power to create the world's largest container of holy water. (Miracles are used to make this happen.)

The mountain creates a holy rain over the undead of the Shade and Vecna's Legions as it does a fly by. The goal is to hit non-burning targets.

Also, if need be, Zagyg will throw a wish to try to counter another catastrophe or other 10th level magic.

William

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads