(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 3 (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpenteye

First Post
Epilogue

The Isles of Woe are evacuated (temporarily), or if that's not possible the legions of woe hide deep inside their island fortresses. Walls of force and other defences are raised against the flooding and fire.

----
The task force of mages that stood ready to rescue Kas teleports in to the battlefield and take the bodies of Kas and Vecna ( and Vecna's nice little artifacts. They then teleport out.
----

To the Oerth Alliance

Congratulations, proud warriors of the "Oerth Alliance", it seems I was right, you did not need my help to defeat Vecna. The honour and glory of victory is yours but more than any others it is also Kas'. Via Kas has the Dark Union of Oerth taken part in your victory and the rewards are ours also to reap. You have earned my respect, people of the Oerth Alliance. You have proven that you can unite and stand together even when all hope seems to have died. I now see you in a whole new light. Perhaps the Dark Union will join your proud alliance to secure the peace and the victory of justice and progress and law.

The God Emperor of the Dark Union of Oerth and the Great Empire of Aerdi

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Somewhere deep within the earth Kalanyr senses a tremendous power die. He looks up his face totally unreadable before returning to his magical experimentation which at the moment consists of dealing with a tornado he accidently caused in the city with his other experimentation.

Thoughts race across his mind
"Is Vecna truly dead? Has Kas has survived? Where can I find some food? What battle plans should I prepare? Did I send a letter to Siobhan this month? No. Must do that "

Dear Siobhan

Congratulations on the awesome battle. I approve of it wholeheartedly. Hope you are well. Find enclosed more chocolate and some perfume.

Yours in Devotion
"Abyssal Horror"

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Acererak was watching the battle between the two.

Acererak, do you allow Serpenteye's people to take the Sword of Kas and the Staff of Vecna, and the body of Vecna and the unconscious Kas?

Serpenteye

First Post
Acererak

Trust me, friend, fighting the Dark Union would be a mistake for you. Your apoteosis depends on our good will. You have many enemies, Acererak, do not make another.

Maudlin

First Post
(posted too slowly, thanks for the opportunity, E :))

Kas, along with the Sword of Kas are of the Dark Union. Kas, when found, is stabilized and out of danger. (although I don't suppose I or anyone can regrow that arm :))

Vecna is their trophy.

However, the staff of Vecna was conspicuously absent from his otherwise untouched body when it is recovered.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Turn 3 is effectively over.
However, rping posts may continue (and SHOULD continue) on this thread.

Over three million defenders perished in the great battle.
The Wild Coast, Gnarley Forest, and Welkwood were destroyed in the great battle (Maudlin, remove the forests, and remove the names, from the map.)
The entire region is now a badlands, filled with corpses and great pools of blood.
For some reason, the pools of blood do not evaporate, or flow away, or drain away.
No magic will efface them, no spell will affect them.

All of northern Wolly Bay has turned red.
It remains red, apparently permanently.

The entire region needs a new name. The defenders have the honor of renaming it.

Shadow Throne stands, still relatively untouched, and most of the forces of Shade are still standing.

The Doomgrinder continues it's westward march.
Apparently, nothing will ever allow for regaining of control of the thing.
Also, it is speeding up, already past it's maximum speed, and still going - how, is not known.

Kalden, Prince of Swords, is dead.
Baelros, Lord of Shade, is dead.
Queen Yolande of Celene, is dead.
Prince Melf Brightblade, leader of the Knights of Luna, is dead.

Several of the major Shade NPCs are badly wounded, and helpless in Shadow Throne currently.
Iuz lays seriously wounded.
Anabstercorian lays damaged and mind damaged.
Vaeregoth lays damaged and mind damaged.
Kessel GnomeWorks is barely clinging to life in bed.
Larissa Hunter of Dyvvers is struggling for life in a field hospital.
Thayadon lays unconcious in a field hospital.

Kas lays, barely alive, and no magic will regrow his lost arm.

And Vecna, greatest of all the liches who ever lived upon Oerth, lies dead on the battlefield, along with fully 50 million suel men, suel women, and undead who choose to follow him into oblivion.

As the Wild Magic Storms recede, and the Nyr Dyv calms, and the clouds fade away, the sun finally makes an appearance, bleary and fogged.
It's yellow light illuminates thousands of square miles of utter devastation.
If a horde of titans with gasoline powered tillers had run amok across the countryside, they could not have competed against the damage done.

Hills exist where no hills did before.
Valleys exist where no valleys existed before.
There are lakes where they was dry land, and dry land where lakes stood.
Great shelves of bedrock, uprooted and torn from the deep earth, stick up out of the ground, forming a surreal landscape.
In the thousands of craters are endless lakes of blood, which will not ever disappear again.
No trees remain, nothing living moves in the land.
A soft mud covers everything, rocks, shattered ground, craters, steaming in the returning sunlight.

And 50 million corpses litter this landscape, a mute and grim testimony to the madness of the one who started it all, and whose legacy will endure for centuries to come.

Kalanyr

Explorer
OOC- Did I manage to get 10th level magic? It's important for what I write next whether yes or no.

Edits-
I am assuming no further actions can be taken this Turn by anyone. Am I correct?

Also can a races alignment be altered by 10th level magic? (In this case the races are those under my control can this be done?)

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Yes, you did, Kalanyr.
Although you cannot use it this Turn, you may begin freely using 10th level magic next Turn - Turn 4.

I do not know if Forrester discovered the secrets of 10th level magic this Turn.
I must do the math, and find out.

- - -

The horrendous list of casualties comes in.
It is not pleasant hearing.

The allied forces lost 303 PL in armies, and thus permanently lost 303 PL, divided amongst their Powers.

Vecna and his Legions are gone, and Melkor lost 20 PL.

- - -

Alyx lost 35 PL.

Celene fought to the end, and her people died with her.
A great part of the forces from Varnaith, the Lendores, and the Celestial Imperium lay dead on the soil of Celene, and on the battlefield in general.

- - -

Anabstercorian lost no PL, but Anabstercorian himself is severely wounded (and will require a Restoration spell to heal his mind.)

- - -

Black Omega lost 5 PL in Planars.

His Faerie arrived to aid on the battlefield, and suffered great loss.
The rest of his forces could not arrive in time to help.

- - -

Creamsteak lost 4 PL.

The forces he had in training in the Lortmils were wiped out.

- - -

Dagger lost 20 PL

Dagger and the Kingdom of Keoland suffered staggering losses, up to one-third of their entire force, defending their allies.

- - -

Darkness lost 18 PL.

Darkness had brought a great army into eastern Keoland to protect it against the threat from the drow to the west.
This army deployed against Vecna, and over a third of it lays dead on the battlefield.

- - -

Forsaken One lost no PL, but Vaeregoth is critically injured, and will need a Restoration spell to restore her.

- - -

Forrester lost 47 PL

Forrester's great reserve army from Toril came to the timely aid of the forces of good.
Only 3 PL of men and women from that force, out of 50, survived the battle. (The United Commonwealth just lost 94 PL.)

- - -

GnomeWorks lost 28 PL

The Hosts of the Lortmil Technomancy, instead of staying safe in their mountain homes, went bravely out to aid their friends.
Over one third of all their forces lay dead, and they suffered staggering losses of equipment.

- - -

John Brown lost 35 PL

Iuz and his forces stood with the forces of good in the great battle, attacking Shadow Throne from both east and west.
Their help, along with that of Uvenelei, Darkness, and Forrester, made the difference and saved the Lortmils, but a heavy price was exacted.

- - -

Kaboom lost 21 PL

Kaboom's sky ships and Flying Citadels proved invaluable in the great battle, as they brought vast numbers of troops to vital places in the battle.
Desperate fights often turned in the allies favor because of Kaboom.
But the loss of sky ships and Flying Citadels was severe, and hundreds of them now litter the battlefield.

- - -

Maudlin lost no PL.

Acererak came to the battlefield, and gorged himself on the living, killing tens of thousands of people, mostly on the allies side.

Maudlin is counted as having fought on Vecna's side.

- - -

Lord Meklor (Talos) lost 20 PL.

The Legions of Vecna protected the Shade by their very insanity.
The Shade came up behind the Legions of Vecna, letting them die first, then whelming the weakened defenders.
Nevertheless, the charge of Iuz from the east was costly, and the Shade had to fight aerial opponents, and in their retreat to Shadow Throne, the enemy harassed them where they could.

Melkor, alone, fought at Vecna's side with a great army.

- - -

Rhialto the Marvellous lost 1 PL.

Many agents of the Black Brotherhood died, killing key defenders, wreaking havoc among the defending lines, spreading miscommunication, enabling the Legions of Vecna to reap far more bloodshed than they should have.
Others agents died in the battle of the Doomgrinder.

Historians will always note that the Black Brotherhood stood with Vecna in the great battle.

- - -

Turrosh Mak lost 30 PL

The humanoids of the Pomarj fought magnificently against the Legions of Vecna.
They held their line of fortresses across the northern Pomarj, but were driven out of the Wild Coast.
The reserve force that was in the Lortmil Technomancy had to be taken out and thrown against the enemy - nothing could be held back.
All of Turrosh Mak's front line fighters were killed; all his front line defenses, fortifications, and equipment were destroyed, and Turrosh Mak suffered vast numbers of casualties.

- - -

Uvenelei lost 40 PL.

The intervention of Uvenelei's forces from Lyrn, Ishtarland, and Aaqa, made possible by Kaboom, made a crucial difference in the great battle.
However, they too paid in blood for the victory, and hundreds of thousands of them lay dead on the battlefield.

- - -

William Ronald lost 30 PL.

The Kevellond League fought magnificently against Vecna, and although they lost Dyvvers they held Verbonbonc and other places Vecna was never able to reach.
Working with the forces of Iuz in southern Furyondy, and with ingenious tactics, they destroyed Vecna's northern army.
However, like everyone else, they paid the price, and hundreds of thousands of them litter all the land from the Kron Hills east to Shadow Throne.

- - -

Zelda lost 10 PL.

Arriving late from the Dark Swamp, the Swanmay Army suffered moderate losses in the great battle, and remains an intact fighting force.
It's storm-riders on their miniature tornados are an awe and a wonder to those seeing them for the first time.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
-----Edena wrote:
And Vecna, greatest of all the liches who ever lived upon Oerth, lies dead on the battlefield, along with fully 50 million suel men, suel women, and undead who choose to follow him into oblivion.
------

No, Edena. Vecna's body and all Vecna's artifacts (except for the staff) are now being studied in the laboratories of the Dark Union.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Starting Time for Turn 4

Since I know Kalanyr, Forsaken One, and Festy Dog are eager to get in on the mayhem, I will begin Turn 4 as soon as:

I am able to reconfigure the Lists.

Everyone sends me their Templates for Turn 4 (DO NOT DO SO UNTIL I RECONFIGURE THE LISTS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases