(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 4 (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Draco

First Post
Then, with the help of the representative of the Legions of Kas who was already in the City of the Gods, and has spent all this time studying it, we will teleport in some forces and raid it.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Oh, give me a break, Anabstercorian. You're a "bad guy", so to speak, so of course we'll be watching what you're doing. The Lortmils are very nervous at the moment, and we've got a trigger-finger on a trigger that could blow up half Oerth, given a little time. Don't mess with us. You leave our food alone. Or you'll wish you hadn't ever heard of the Lortmils when we're through with you. We are scrying everyone. We are watching over our shoulders. We tread lightly, and speak softly. And we carry a very large gun. Forget the stick - we've got robots.

BTW - I don't encourage war. At this point, I detest destruction. But, if it is necessary, I will utilize everything I've got to take down whatever or whomever is screwing with Oerth. At this point, alliances and enemies matter, but they are very trivial in comparison to the RL of Oerth. Survival is all that counts, and if something threatens that survival, then it must be destroyed.

Edena - we raid the CotG for all we're worth. If anyone interferes with our raiding, we'll send in a few (consider few to mean "several dozen") of our lovely new 'mechs to blow them up. Don't mess with us, boys and girls. We have a job to do, and we intend to do it - and that job includes raiding the City of the Gods.

William Ronald

Explorer
Any efforts to steal food are met with LETHAL levels of force. No questions asked.

The Kevellond League will raid the city of the Gods.

I was under the impression that the UC of Toril had averted famine.

Efforts to increase the food supply and to rebuild continue.

William

Mr. Draco

First Post
The DU will increase the security of our food suplies. Also, considering the level of devotion that every single citizen has to the God-Emperor, your attacks on the food supply Abnastercorian will stick out like a sore thumb...

Tokiwong

First Post
Iuz backs the Kevellond League

William Ronald said:
Any efforts to steal food are met with LETHAL levels of force. No questions asked.

The Kevellond League will raid the city of the Gods.

I was under the impression that the UC of Toril had averted famine.

Efforts to increase the food supply and to rebuild continue.

William

"I shall make a rare show of solidarity and help protect what food supplies we have. For it would be a shame to lose the living to famine... and worse things...."

Empire of Iuz will assist the Kevellond League in protecting the food supplies... the living have their uses afterall

Tokiwong

First Post
Mr. Draco said:
Then, with the help of the representative of the Legions of Kas who was already in the City of the Gods, and has spent all this time studying it, we will teleport in some forces and raid it.

OOC: and to whom are you refferring to here? Just curious...

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Turn 4 ends with a bang.

A cliche, I know.
A bad cliche, considering what has happened this Turn.
Yet there it is.

It is a bang a lot bigger than Tambora was.
It is seen in Rauxes, a thousand miles to the north.
It is heard on the Isle of the Phoenix, 5,000 miles away.

In one gigantic explosion, the Glorioles blow themselves up.
The soaring fireball, composed of uncounted billions of tons of rock, magma, and dust, rockets up into Oerth's stratosphere, clear up beyond it into near space.
A red, dripping glow is seen as a geyser of lava 2 miles high fountains into the sky.

There is an enormous earthquake, and the whole of the eastern Flanaess shakes violently.
The people of Nulbish and Torrich watch in awe as the southern heavens fill with fire.

The people of Sunndi watch briefly, then they are engulfed, for the flows head southward, and whelm all of Sunndi in pyroclastic blasts, followed by a sea of molten rock.

A GIANT rending and cracking sound is heard.

The Flanaess breaks apart, from central Idee in the west, across the Hollow Highlands, then northeast around the geyser, and eastward across southwest Medegia to the sea.
The geyser grows wider and wider, and the ocean roars in on both sides, only to meet vast amounts of lava storming up through the broken crust of the planet and from the great geyser.
Explosions follow, and clouds of steam cover all of the southeastern Flanaess.

But still the great geyser, a mile across and two miles wide, fountains into the heavens, and the molten rock pours west, east, and southward.
Building mountains where no mountains existed.
Remaking the landscape utterly.
Sunndi, passes forever into Flannae history.
The Glorioles, pass forever into Flannae history (or, rather, a far loftier and greater range will replace them, and truly earn the name given the old, small area of mountains.)
The storm giants of Starmont, pass into history, unable to escape, the eruption catching them without warning.

And the rift widens rapidly, the oceans flowing in to fill the gap, while the entire southeastern peninsula, cramming millions of years of geological movement into a few days, moves over one hundred miles south of it's current position.
The freshwater sea that had been the Vast Swamp is carried with it.
The Tivanot Peninsula twists, turning northwest to southeast, and moves 50 miles southeast of it's current position.

The northern landmass slams into Hempmonaland, as the Tilva Strait ceases to exist.

The continental shelves groan in protest, buckle, then shatter, sending more massive earthquakes through the whole region (fortunately, far away from any settled land, for they are greater than 10 on the Richter Scale.)
Volcanic eruptions and explosions occur all along the clashing line, where Hempmonaland meets the peninsula of the Flanaess.
And a new set of mountains begins forming south of the freshwater sea that had been the Vast Swamp.

So great is the eruption of lava that there is no place for it to go, and Sunndi is filled with an inland sea of lava, a thousand feet deep, hundreds of miles long, and hundreds of miles wide.

The heat from this lake, hundreds of thousands of square miles in size, turns the climate of all of the southern Dark Union into an equatorial steambath.
The word autumn is erased from the vocabulary.

The ocean currents flowing northward past the Sea Barons and the Lendores turns warm, then hot (over 100 degrees), producing storms of ungodly proportions.
Magic becomes a necessity, and not an option, for survival in these places.
Travel by ship becomes impossible, unless very great magic (7th level or higher) is employed to get through the storms.
Hurricanes with winds one would not wish to imagine form over the open ocean, sending massive waves in all directions, flooding the whole eastern coastline.

Forrester

First Post
You see why I wasn't allowing anyone else into the City of the Gods?

Greedy bastards! Greedy gnomes, threatening to blow people up!

Oerth really *is* going to hell in a handbasket. Good riddance! :D

Forrester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads