(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 7 (thread 3)

William Ronald

Explorer
Hazen subtly nods in Muji Eviri's direction. He glances at an aide, Orrin Rilanth, who walks over to him. Orrin whispers, and Hazen steps aside for a few moments. He leaves the room and returns after a moment. His face is utterly calm.

"I would like to thank everyone for coming here. I must say that I am honored to be in the presence of so many, so brave."

The United Commonwealth sends a message to Lord Rhaumagaum. (Private message)

"Indeed, conflict between us only serves the Dark Powers and a mad fool whom we blame for most of our past strife. You show far greater wisdom than your predecessor. For now, let there be peace and a stepping back from the edge of ruin."

"Lord Melkor would dearly love to have both of us in his tender care. Let us work together on peace, and frustrate him utterly."

"We are fully aware that you are not releasing the black balls that sent many people to the Domains of Dread. It is our hope that the guilty party will be found soon and stopped. Our government offers condolences on your losses from the balls of hate."

"Perhaps in time, we can sweep away our past enmities."

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
OOC: My mistake, Melkor. Consider the letter to be addressed to High Prince Rivalen. For now, lets say that neither Rivalen nor the UC of Toril will want to visit Lord Melkor's new domains in Ravenloft. Let's say we have common cause now. With survival, everything is possible. Without it, does it really matter who is right or wrong? No one would be left to truly care at that point.

We will have to realistically get rid of the Red Goo. However, you should probably be fine on PLs with your new territories. Good move in plotting to get rid of Lord Melkor. I trust you will try to keep the Shade out of Ravenloft. They might not be welcomed by their former deity. So, we have to try to reverse the touches. Not easy, but we can do it if everyone works together.

kaboom

First Post
Melkor said:
Rivalen to Hazen:

-I demand you quarantee that members of Oerth Alliance won`t strike against our newly acquired territories in Realmspace.

Why did they attack me? I need an explination as to why I shouldn't hit them with all I've got.

William Ronald

Explorer
From Hazen to Rivalen:

"I believe the diplomatic term is request. As in you request no strikes against your newly acquired territories by the Oerth Alliance or its allies. In this instance, your request is granted. Only a fool fights in a burning house. I do not mistake you for Lord Melkor. However, it is to be expected that you shall attempt no more changing of allegiances on any other countries or factions. This is a reasonable request that shall prevent unpleasantness. Also, the same tactic could be used against anyone doing so.

Also, any attempt to extend shadow stuff beyond your territories would not be a wise action. Indeed, such action by Lord Melkor poisoned the Isles of Woe, a territory of the Union of Oerth. I have recently cleansed the Isles and other territories. You may wish to offer the Union some compensation for the lost use of their lands. Or at least a pledge to respect their territorial integrity.

Similarly, the effort to back away from the Domain of Dread would require an elimination of all Red Waste and the transformation of creatures empowered by it. We advise you to perform your own divinations in the matter. You can probably compensate for the loss of any such power with but a little ingenuity on your part.

I will advise my allies that in the interests of peace, we recognize your recent territorial claims. As the United Commonwealth of Toril, which formerly claimed the territory, recognizes your new claim, we must respect their decision.

For the present, we must all back away from a pit where a mad god lies in wait for us. The people of Netheril are renowned for their intelligence and shall, I say, the ability to recognize their best interests.

For now, I will encourage peace between you and the entire Oerth Alliance. For my part, I will judge your government on its present and future actions not those of an irrational leader of the past. You deserve to be judged on your own actions."

May there be peace among our peoples, for the good of all."

Sincerely,
Archcleric Hazen of Veluna, President of the Oerth Alliance

William Ronald

Explorer
A message is sent to Prince Rivalen:

"We respectfully request that you release any and all prisoners from the attack on the Chosen of Mystra at the request of Lord Thayadon Fasfoni."

"This would be a welcome development to show your commitment to peace. You perhaps should offer an explanation and an apology for Lord Melkor's actions. Perhaps something on the order of we regret the rash actions of the previous government and disassociate ourselves from them."

"If there are no prisoners, I suggest that you enter into negotiations with the Chosen of Mystra and Lord Thayadon Fasfoni on resolving the dispute with him."

A message is sent to Thayadon Fasfoni:

"I am seeking to determine if any of the forces of the Chosen of Mystra are indeed prisoners of the Shade. I have asked them to release any such prisoners and to offer an explanation and apology for such action."

"If there are no prisoners, I suggest that they enter into negotiations on recompensation. For now, we need to have peace. It is in the best interest of everyone."

Black Omega

First Post
"Indeed, and well said. We have better things to do than fight in this 'burning house'. The Coalition of Light and Shadow agrees to peace. Our next attack against Melkor has been called off. We are simply aiming to uncorrupt those areas where the now departed Melkor cast his vile influence. Our only true enemy are the mists."
---------------------------------------------------
The public position of the Coalition of Light and Shadow. In private....
---------------------------------------------------
Siobhan growls "I can'y believe he got away like that! The fool! Hiding away in his realm now. Safe and secure." the little fae sighs.

"And helpless." Morre addsfor completeness "He's stuck there, by all accounts. He can't effect us at all."

"Except through his Shades. And you know this has to be a scheme. As if the Shades would turn on their God. I don't believe that for a minute. But..for now. Peace."

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Replies to e-mails - IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ

Mr. Draco

Edena:

Day-long actions for day-4:
[edit]- i just read the whole corrupting thing, so here are the day 4 actions Mr. Draco- "corrupt" portions of the bb into Cydians Serpenteye- oppose red goo
HA- "corrupt" portions of melkor's corrupted allies into Cydians
I can't email the attacks/defenses, so, myself and Serpenteye are using category 3 defenses for the UO, and the HA is defending itself at category 3.
No attacks

RULING:

The Union of Oerth counts as one Power, not two, for this purpose.
The Union of Oerth is successful in corrupting a large number of the Black Brotherhood into joining their cause, thus creating a new, 11th Level Power allied with the Union of Oerth.
I shall call this Power the Corrupted Allies of the Union of Oerth.
The Humanoid Alliance is likewise successful with some of Melkor's Shade, thus creating the Corrupted Allies of the Humanoid Alliance.
You now have 2 new Powers that can declare Attacks and Defenses immediately, and which are at 100% strength.

By the way, the Black Brotherhood - played by Yours Truly - is RETURNING the favor!
They are corrupting some of your ultra-powerful Cydians into their service.
Now, we have the Corrupted Allies of the Black Brotherhood, which are a fully intact 11th Level Power also!

- - -

Venus

My email is being a bit silly towards me, so I'll be posting here my actions for day 4:
Defense: Myself, Emerald Order, lvl 3 defense (-2 penalty) becomes +1 Defense on myself.
Attack: Black Brotherhood, lvl 3 attack (-2 penalty) becomes +1 Attack on Black Brotherhood.

COMMENTS:

Did you know I have about 30 unread e-mails?
That's in addition to all the stated Attacks, stated Defenses, stated dropped Attacks, stated Holds, on the last thread and now this one.
It is going to take over an hour to sort through all that.

11th Level Action:

quote:

You may corrupt several hundred thousand people, or over an area the size of Bissel, in a much more severe way - you may shift them to Shade, undead, Celestials, monsters, elves, humanoids, kender, or anything else you wish them to be. Success is automatic.

I am corrupting the Black Brotherhood into Celestials.

ANSWER:

Heh. LOL! Poor Black Brotherhood is becoming the prime source for new Good Powers!
You just created the Corrupted Allies of the Emerald Order! All Celestials, at that!

I'm also asking what my attempts on the scying gave for results. My power wasn't in the list

ANSWER:

Your Seers say Kaboom and Tokiwong are the culprits.

Also, did my 11th level action of last turn succeed? In that case, light returned to Oerth. (I was making the sun shine bright, yellowish light again).

ANSWER:

Yes, you did. The spectrum shift in Greyspace ends, and the bright yellow sun shines down in a blue sky on Oerth for the first time since long before the Bombardment.
With all the effort being put into repairing Oerth, it should be back to normal, and back to it's original geography, pretty soon.

- unacceptable. If we can't talk it into peace, peace must come in actions. One of our major threaths, Melkor, Lord of Evil, is gone. He has ventured into Ravenloft, where he's waiting, waiting for us. With evil wondering this planet, we cannot have peace. I throw down my peacekeeping. We have waited long enough. I will purify this world, I will remove the source of great evil away. This includes the Black Brotherhood, the creator of the Shadowballs and the spreader of the Goo. If I find out whom is doing this, they will suffer. I ask you, allies of the Alliance, stand with me. Also, Union of Oerth, if peace and goodwill are really your intentions, show them. Show them now. Attack the Evil. Assist me in the greatest battle we will have to fight, a battle against ourselves.
Don't forget, hatred can't be pushed away. It is deep inside everyone, it consumes, then corrupts, then it's too late. I will remove my source of hatred by removing the thing my hatred targets, Evil.
Now, friends, allies.... Who is with me?

Angelika, restless leader of the Emerald Order

ANSWER:

Of all the people you might expect to not answer this strident speech, the Angels answer.
The Angels state they will stand by Angelika.
The Angels state that when they find out who is spreading the Red Goo, they will punish those responsible.
The Angels state they will aid in stopping those who would drag everyone into Ravenloft.

The Angels remove themselves from the Kevellond League, and form their own 11th Level Power. (The Kevellond League remains intact otherwise.)
The Angels, it would seem, have had enough also.

- - -

Mr. Draco

The Union of Worlds will not violently oppose the black brotherhood. Such battle strengthens the mists. Instead, we will use our 11th level power to "enlighten" what members of the bb and melkor's corrupted allies we can.

ANSWER:

LOL! Someone has, indeed, finally figured out how to make the Black Brotherhood do something good and altruistic!

- - -

Zelda Themelin

Ergoth-Nog answers Venus/Angelika.

(part of article deleted for space)

Simplest thing is the most hardest one to get, I think. And I think OA has pretty same problem with politics concidering people's reactions, Eidor had. Not really problem to us, but to OA it is. War, peace, healing, to us they aren't some clear single paths to be followed. But many seems to want clearer paths. Some are too tired of war, some to tired of 'false peace'-short term solutions, they want good war to make it clean, make it more clear, and they want to win, and have power and all the good things that come from that power, of course. Some just want back their green world, and don't care whatever it is done with weapons of war or tools of peace.
Ah, but to aswer your question. Black Brotherhood seems to be against anything contructive, so reducing them harmless, would be good thing to do. If someone of you still have resources, please help Venus in this. Black Brotherhood is so anti-life, imprisoning then would clean the air a lot. Lauching attacks right and left, however is not IMO very sensible thing to do. We don't truly know who was behind black balls, or goo-spreading, or many such things.
Maybe working together we can sort out those problems as well. Me and Kalanyr managed to do that.
Angelika, we will help, as always, to fight off magics of those foolish ones. However, we need meeting to discuss things openly. Many have changed, or claim to have, like Union of Oerth folk. Fourth touch has arrived, and time is growing short.
Attacking, however, we are not, this isn't the right time for that.
Please attend the meeting, despite it's absurb 'absolute peace' stamp, it might actually be useful meeting.
Oh, one more thing.
A battle against ourselves you say, so this is the way how you wish to fight yourself then? That just sounds weird. Maybe I missed your point?

ANSWER:

I feel a need to answer this is in order.
While everyone is talking and negotiating, this Power that is spreading the Red Goo is massacring millions of people basically every hour.
This massacre is rapidly pulling Greyspace, Realmspace, etc., towards Ravenloft.
It is IMPERATIVE that this operation be shut down, or it will whelm Greyspace and the others in the Mists, and Ravenloft will be their new home.
Indeed, the Power that is committing this act, is doing it SPECIFICALLY to force Greyspace into Ravenloft quickly.
That is the point. That is why they are spreading Red Goo. To force you all into Ravenloft.

- - -

Mr. Draco

hmm, Kas will attend this conference.

ANSWER:

I will repeat myself.
Every HOUR, the Power in question is massacring millions of people in hundreds of Crystal Spheres.
This, is sending Greyspace headlong towards Ravenloft.
Time is short.
I recommend you find out who is doing this, and stop them.

I have given you clues and help, but I will not reveal which Power is the culprit.

If you cannot locate the Power in question, their actions will take you all to Ravenloft.
Evil CAN triumph, in the IR.

- - -

Mr. Draco

A letter goes out from the union of worlds encouraging each faction to spend its 11th level feat for day 4 on assisting the union's effort to counteract the red-goo being thrown all over the multiverse.

ANSWER:

The assault is too massive, too many planets are under attack, and too many new attacks - masked by 11th level magic - are underway, for this to help much.
If you could find the Power doing this and stop them, and if all the Powers in the IR THEN LAUNCHED FULLSCALE 11th level wars against the Red Goo, you could eliminate it in those hundreds of Crystal Spheres in a matter of a few days.
However, it's hard to put out a fire when someone is spraying the area with gasoline.

- - -

Black Omega

The Coalition's 11th level action this turn is freeing the nations Melkor corrupted from that corruption. Since they seem busy protecting the Shades, they are hopefully distracted from defending. Note: We're simply freeing them from the corruption. Not adding any programming of our own.

ANSWER:

That is not possible.
Once they are their own independent 11th Level Power, you must Duel them and throw Coup de Graces (if they will not surrender) normally.
To prevent a run-away slew of new 11th Level Powers, I have Ruled each Power may only maintain one of these Corrupted Allied Powers at a time.
If you attack and destroy the main Power, they - obviously - cannot create a new Power.

And we are certainly looking still for the source of those globes...grrr.

ANSWER:

Noted. I have given clues ...

- - -

'o Skoteinos

Ho_Skoteinos will visit the conference as a representative from Vreagoth.

ANSWER:

Since there is going to be a conference ...

I declare the Conference started.

- - -

Venus

Oh, one more thing.
A battle against ourselves you say, so this is the way how you wish to fight yourself then? That just sounds weird. Maybe I missed your point?
Heh, it was actually a strange remark as i read it back It was trying to say something like:
"Hatred is inside all of us. We cannot deny it. We now have 2 choices. We can wait, Evil takes control and we are doomed, or we can attack, feeding our hatred, bringing the doom of Ravenloft nearer and nearer."
But indeed, it was a bit stupid as it stood there ^_^

ANSWER:

Since Hazen discovered this, and spread the news, I will repeat it.
The Dark Powers are not an external enemy.
YOU are the Dark Powers.
Siobhan, Hazen, Shantara, Kas, the God Emperor, Erika Lesage, Forrester, Sanctus, Phibrizzo, and all the others.

If Ravenloft is a prison, it is a prison of your making.

- - -

Mr. Draco

When you put it that way, it sounds like you believe there is no alternative to Ravenloft, and you want to accelerate the process by attacking and feeding our hatred, thus "bringing the doom of Ravenloft nearer and nearer."

ANSWER:

You are 2/3rds of the way to Ravenloft.
But you are not there yet.
You won't instantly go there because someone starts a fight, either. It can't happen that fast.
Thus, for instance - if the Shade are exterminated by a Coup de Grace from Anabstercorian, it will not send you to Ravenloft or even bring the 5th Touch.
HOWEVER, the massacre of tens of millions of people each and every day by the Power that is throwing Red Goo across hundreds of Crystal Spheres - THAT WILL quickly send you to Ravenloft. Unless you find the culprit and stop that culprit quickly, of course.

- - -

'o Skoteinos

Warning: upcoming citrolic post...

quote:

By The Forsaken One

I'm most likely offline for a few days (yeah bad timing I knowand just when I got stuff to do and be nice and active on the boards with large posting ). I'm off to a friend of mine who doesn't have Internet so I'm 100% offline untill I get back home which will probably be next monday.
I hereby hand over my power to Ho Skoteinos. This does NOT give him control over my reality changes. It does give him control over my PC and he can send it to battle, I trust him and his judgement on that matter.
That was on page http://www.enworld.org/messageboard...20&pagenumber=3
Now, edena. Forsaken One gave me control of his forces. First I tell you that in an email. You ignore it. AND you ignore his action. Then, I state on the boards that forsaken one is CDGing Rajaat. You ignore me.
I mean, come ON! He's away 'till monday, and can't do anything, he gives me control over his attacks, and then what? Nothing. He's gonna be really pissed about that. You have a little habit of ignoring him, and he, in return, has a little habit of writing vitrolic posts. After that, you (I think) see his point, and most of the time, you give in...because, most of the time, he *is* right...and I feel that this time I am right too...
Now, I'm not writing a vitrolic post (I think it's a little bad taste to do so), but I will say that I am disappointed that you ignore his wish that I play his power...and that you ignore his *obvious* action, that you award no extra PL because of the assimilation, that you say there are a lot of civilian casualties on Athas (get friggin'real! We have GUNS, they have SWORDS.
Call that a fight? No. Why the hell are we slaughtering civilians? Orcs got no dicipline? I question that. Stupid civilians want to fight to the death...right, and psionics have no way to incapacitate them...*sigh* it just sucks...), that you ignore the fact that there is no magic on Athas, and thus no stupid Evil Ball crap, that you do not give him 100% 11th level power by assimilating the captured 11th level infrastructure into the Swarm (we: Me, William and Forsaken One threw 3, 4, 3 classed attacks respectively. We all imprisoned the infrastructure.
Then I stated I gave forsaken one all of the captured mages, clerics, artifacts and weaponry that I had captured (and even *that* got ignored!) then forsaken one stated (in his "storm" post) that he assimilated the captured stuff into the swarm (also ignored)...and forsaken one told me that william *also* gave the captured infrastructure from Rajaat to him (though I don't know if that's true or not)).
Edena, why are you ignoring us???

ANSWER:

I do believe I forgot, amidst the general bedlam, to determine the result of the second Coup de Grace attempt against Rajaat.
The first attempt destroyed 50% of his force.
(rolls dice, remembering the Final Number was 2.)

70 ROLLED.
RESULT: 50 PERCENT DESTRUCTION.

And that is the end of Rajaat, his Champions, and the Dragon-Kings.
You may determine the fate of the leaders - all the rest are assimilated into the Hive Cluster, as per Forsaken One's instructions (as I remember them.)

VITROLIC REPLY:

Actually no, it's not vitrolic.
If I, the DM, become angry, there is no point in having a game. An angry DM means a ruined game.
Therefore, you will get no vitroism from me.

However, some facts are in order here:

I do not ignore Forsaken One deliberately.
I do not ignore you deliberately.
I did resolve the first Coup de Grace Attack on Rajaat - it was 50% successful.
I changed my ruling not because Forsaken One was right, but because I wished to make for a happy player, and I succeeded, based on the response.
I am not in a position right now to award PL.
The civilian casualties came from the bombardment from space. It was stated whole cities were destroyed by bombardment from starship. There is always collaterial damage in such an attack.

I am not ignoring you, although I may well have overlooked posts.
I am ... as I have repeatedly stated, deathly tired, and am continuing the IR on depleted energy. Did you read that? The IR has lasted for 3 full months, and it has been time consuming and sometimes difficult - requiring I create whole new game systems out of nothing at times.
Then, I have IRL to contend with, and currently I have a frightful situation IRL that is quite stressful.

However, I am stubborn, and I shall continue the IR, carry through on my promise, and see things through.

I am concentrating my energy on resolving the Attacks and Defenses. That, by itself, is very time consuming. However, it is within my capability to do it, without complete burn-out.
Remember, I have 20 Powers Attacking and Defending, plus - now - all the Corrupted Allies Attacking and Defending, and shortly I will have Ravenloft Darklords Attacking and Defending.

- - -

Kalanyr

OOC post:-

I don't think Edena is ignoring you in specific Skote. He's missed some posts by Zelda, Mr Draco and I too (As well as a few others doubtless) ,(eg. Zelda's Scrying on Day 3 and whether or not I actually managed to summon Ellisterae's Avatar on Day 2 and if so whether or not it stayed).

RULING:

The Avatar of Eilistraee is appearing, and staying.
She can add one to your Attack and one to your Defense in the Dueling, Kalanyr. Kaboom and Alyx have both already achieved this + 1 bonus - now you have it.
+ 1 is the maximum bonus I am allowing, to keep things from becoming completely unbalanced.

Perhaps Edena is tired or perhaps he's flooded in Emails (ie this is a PBEM game again). (Either way is not good, if its the first we really need to take a break from this IR for a while and if its the second some people need to stop dumping piles of email on him)

ANSWER:

It's both, but I will continue the IR.

The reason you are not recovering 11th level infrastructure is because IMO that makes it way to easy to get Infrastructure, Eg when I had Anabs 11th Infrastructure I didn't double my 11th level power. (If I did even I doubt I would have given it back)
(A fair bit of this is some stuff Zelda mentioned and I was inclined to agree with)
Note- No harm intended to anybody by the above post.

ANSWER:

Thanks for the support, Kalanyr! :)

11th Level Infrastructure destroyed in Dueling cannot be regained.
It is lost for the duration of the IR.
The only exception to this being - if the Attacker declares imprisonment, then releases the prisoners, and this has been, indeed, the primary way in which people have done things.

Main Infrastructure destroyed by a Coup de Grace Attack (such as the damage to the Penumbral Hub) can be repaired quickly with 11th level magic, if someone is willing to help the Power in question.
Of course, on the next day, another Coup de Grace can be launched.
If a Power suffers 100 percent destruction of it's 11th Level Infrastructure, then suffers 100 percent destruction of it's Main Infrastructure in a Coup de Grace, that Power is out of the game.
There is no returning from that.

- - -

Zelda Themelin

OCC:

Edena, indeed, you have been ignoring a lot of our actions lately.
Many actions that would require some ruling, or perhapst just commentry to make sure they are not complitely pointless.
You have ingored my actions that way, Kalanyr's for all I know, and many others. My actions might not be so cool or interesting, but still. Many posts which are not rule-argumental in nature, have been just left there.
If you check back, you have been much more active priorly, but since this turn, your intrest in making aswers here in list has waned noticably and ignoring=lack of commentry/ruling has been pretty overall, considering posts here made for 11th lv magic actions especially. Still, some players get their projects through, it would seem black balls and all things like that considering. This fractures balance. And to some, it might feel you are taking sides. I don't think it is so, but feeling is created with actions, or lack of them.
Also, if we don't know whatever another player has succeeded in action, makes it harder to come up with my own. I am not ever certain how far Oerth repair-project is. I only heard how bad guys break things. Great, but I also would like to know, which of them we have managed to fix already.
It seems to me you are tired, and week's rest might be a good idea. We players aren't going anywhere, and break doesn't do game away, at least not for us (if someone disagrees about this particular thing, please say it).
This is great game, and I'd rather see we could enjoy playing it for great while yet, or give it interesting twisty ending a bit sooner.
If you are too busy/tired and situation will be stay so in the future, perhaps you could tell us, how we players could help you somehow the way we post etc, so our actual actions would be more taken into account. Those actions, where word of two from dm is really needed.

ANSWER:

I wish to continue the IR.
I will not stop at this time.
Considering my situation IRL, I may not be able to DM the IR later.

What I have done, Zelda, is to concentrate all my energy on the Attacks and Defenses, and have given up ruling on the 11th level projects - except for those that pertain directly to pulling everyone into the Mists.

I have urged that everyone concentrate on Attacks and Defenses.
There is a good reason for this.
Beautiful cities and great accomplishments will all be wasted, if you are pulled into Ravenloft, and Melkor becomes your Darklord.
And there is now a very REAL chance this is going to happen.

In order to stop this from happening, you all need desperately to stop those Powers who are trying to drag you into Ravenloft, from doing so.

And, there are some Powers, like the Black Brotherhood, who cannot be negotiated with.
They are mad dogs, and they will not be content until you all are destroyed.
Your only reasonable choice is to fight, and destroy these Powers ... if you do not, they will destroy you, or pull you into Ravenloft.

Considering that Melkor has created the Corrupted Allies of Melkor, and now the Red Army has formed a separate 11th Level Power, and the Black Brotherhood has just done so, and the Union of Oerth (who may or may not be responsible for the spreading of Red Goo) has done so, and everyone ELSE who is on the suspicious list will probably do so ... well, I'd make stopping these Powers my top priority, starting with the Powers run by the DM.

I simply do not have the energy left to address all the 11th level actions taking place otherwise.
I must concentrate what energy I have left on running the Attacks and Defenses.

I am hardly the perfect DM, but I do want you to have fun, and I regret missed posts.

- - -

'o Skoteinos

Kalanyr, I can perfectly understand the situation edena is in (he explained it time and again), but only he knows when it's too much. And when it is, he should stop, untill he is ready again.
Playing without really having infulence on the story (well, Rajaat should be in the swarm by now, but he isn't, forcing me to spend *another* attack on him, while I could've attacked someone else, and that would've brought peace closer, having a greater impact on the story)...I guess that's limited influence or something...:/

ANSWER:

The results said you had a 50 percent kill.
You had to make another Coup de Grace to complete the job.

It is not a good idea for me to stop.
I know from experience that players tend to lose interest if the game stops for prolonged periods of time.
Furthermore, I may or may not be available to DM in the future again.

I want to continue this IR while I can, and while the momentum is still going.

- - -

Anabstercorian

Oh man oh man oh man...

Anabstercorian stops and listens, Starfire cannon drawn and ready. As the figure speaks, he begins to tremble with fear - Fear for his people...

<< I... Let me think about this for a short time. >>

Edena, I am sending a message to the corrupted allies of the Shade. I will immediately cease hostilities against the Shade if they cease their attempts to kill my people, with the understanding that, should they murder my people after I stand down, bad, bad things will happen.
I am begging them. Let my people live.

ANSWER:

The Corrupted Allies of the Shade state that they will halt all aggression against the Penumbral Hub if you will call off your Coup de Grace against the Shade.
They go a step farther, however.
They state they will protect the Penumbral Hub from the Coup de Grace the Red Army (now a separate Power) intends to throw at it.
Under the 11th level Dueling Rules, this means that they might be able to save the Penumbral Hub from destruction - if ANOTHER Power declared it was helping the Corrupted Allies of the Shade in protecting the Penumbral Hub, that would REALLY make the difference.
The Corrupted Allies of the Shade also state they will launch an Attack against the Red Army, and try to destroy it.

All they ask in return is that you cease and desist all Attacks on the Shade.
They point out that Melkor, who instigated the Attack on the Penumbral Hub, is gone, and that more reasonable leaders have emerged within the Shade.
They state that peace is possible.

Drop your stated Coup de Grace Attack against the Shade, and they will do all these things to protect you.

- - -

Anabstercorian

Oh man oh man oh man...

William Ronald, I no longer have e-mail at this moment! Start up a post on General RPG Topic named Illithid History or a variant thereof and put your message there.

ANSWER: Ouch. :(

- - -

Melkor, Lord Of ALL!

Anabstecorian, Shadowlord Rhamagaum appears before you:

-It doesn`t have to end like this Chosen of Ilsenine, your people don`t have to die. Actually we didn`t want your people to die at all, we attacked because you announced your attack against us first. Melkor has left us like a coward, we have anandomed Melkor, we have abandomed his insanity and desire of oblivion. To prove this we shall destroy our Red Army. It seems that you have still many enemies Anabstecorian, enemies blinded by their concept of justice, enemies that want nothing but your utter destruction! Ally with us, and with Union Of Worlds, and Hellmaster, and Iuz, and you won`t have to fear, your people will be safe! We will even assist you in rebuilding Penumbral Hub. There will be no more destructive conflict that will bring us to Ravenlolft, Alliance Of Oerth won`t risk war with us if we stay united!

ANSWER:

If there was any chance the Red Army was not going to break away from the Shade, that chance is gone.
They are now a full-fledged 11th Level Power.
I am rescinding my earlier Ruling - you must now deal with the Red Army as a full fledged 11th Level Power, currently 100 percent intact.

- - -

Melkor, Lord Of ALL!

Public broadcast by Malyk Pasha, Dark Emperor of Calimshan:

-I hereby warn all that plan upon attacking Forces of Shadow in Realmspace- if it happens we shall attack United Commonwealth of Toril with nuclear weapons- we have nuclear arsenal big enough to BLOW THIS PLANET INTO PIECES! This territory will belong to us as recompansation for 40 years of persecution against our people in Realmspace. We don`t wish war with our neighbours, unnecessary conflict will only bring us closer to Ravenloft.

ANSWER:

Nuclear weapons are useless when 11th level magic renders fusion and fission inert.
In order to ... blow Toril apart ... you must Disarm the other Torilian Powers.
THEN you can blow Toril apart, in Coup de Grace Attacks.

However, what the leadership has said is, basically, a more militant version of what I just had them say myself.
I do not think this situation has to end in a battle at all.

- - -

Anabstercorian

Anabstercorian nods, slowly. Then he turns to the figure in red.

<< You can take your offer and stick it up your digestive tract, Dark One. I play to win. >>

He turns to Rhamagaum.

<< I accept your offer, Rhamagaum. I apologize for my actions against you... I was blinded by my rage. The Penumbral Hub is stable for now. It's more important we stop this new incursion of Red Goo. Whatever power has been doing this must die, or we'll all wind up in Melkor's hands again. >>

ANSWER:

The figure robed in red laughs, and says:

Anabstercorian, there is a Power out there that is currently massacring millions, and destroying hundreds of Crystal Spheres.
That Power is rapidly pulling you into Ravenloft, whether you want it or not.

You may choose the path of enlightenment, and you may even make peace with the Shade.

However, I do not believe you will make peace with Lord Melkor once he becomes your Lord.
Or, rather, that peace will be made on his terms.
We do not believe you will like his terms, or call it peace.

Our offer stands, Anabstercorian.
You will be allowed to reconsider your decision, as long as there is time.

- - -

Melkor, Lord Of ALL!

Edena, Church of Shade will attempt 11th level Coup De Grace against our Red Army.

ANSWER:

Ok. I reversed my ruling on that.
However, you can still Attack the Red Army, as per the 11th Level Dueling rules.
I will count that you are launching an Attack of Category 4 on the Red Army.

- - -

Melkor, Lord Of ALL!

Rivalen adresses God-Emperor and Kas:

What does it mean, I thought you accepted my proposition of alliance!? So why do intend to attack our forces in Realmspace with Alliance of Oerth, ones that have just attacked you with 11th level magic? Anabstecorian has just allied with Pantheon Of Glowing Darkness. If you ally with us, I believe that Alliance of Oerth won`t dare to threaten this new, mighty alliance, trying to convert us to what they perceive as "good', this destructive conflict will end, and we shall no longer fear Ravenloft!

ANSWER: No comment.

- - -

creamsteak

I will support the Union in isolating and stopping the red goo that is being thrown about. I will aid them with a full hour action, while holding my defense. I am not charging an attack (as per Absolute Peace).
I encourage everyone to eliminate threats through use of actions other than attacking which provokes more mist. I encourage William to use his new power to its maximum value and completely stop the Red Goo and Black Spheres.

Edena,

Other than Red Goo, and Black Spheres: What is wrong? These two situations are the only ones I know about... and one half of them are dealt with. If we stop the Red Goo balls then that kills both major threats you informed us of.

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ:

What is wrong?
Here is what is wrong:

One of the Powers out there (possibly you, Creamsteak) is busy destroying hundreds of Crystal Spheres with Red Goo, and killing hundreds of millions of people.
That alone will doom ALL OF YOU, if it is not stopped.
It CANNOT be stopped by ANY way other than to stop the Power in question that is doing it - you cannot put out a fire when someone is throwing gasoline on it.

What else is wrong?

The Power that threw the Black Balls is not stopped ... all that has happened in that their attack with the Black Balls has been stopped.
THEY still plot to take you all to Ravenloft, and they are most certainly launching new ways to achieve this end, I am guessing.
You stopped one of their attacks - there will be more, and they will be more insidious than ever.

The Black Brotherhood is attacking.
The Corrupted Allies of the Black Brotherhood is Attacking.
The Red Army is Attacking.

The United Commonwealth of Toril is in anarchy, leaderless, it's civilian population in shelters, it's military barely holding together.
They have taken Hazen as temporary emergency leader, because of the extremity of the situation.

The Eternal Empire lost half of it's 11th Level Infrastructure to an Attack from Alyx's Church of Toril.
The Eternal Empire was already unstable - this Attack has NOT exactly made the situation better.
Furthermore, the Chosen of Mystra publicly insulted and threatened the Eternal Empire in the World Forum. The leader of the Eternal Empire has demanded an apology, which never came.

The Scro Star League and the Hive Cluster have just decimated Rajaat and the Dragon-Kings, but many civilians perished in the battle.

I don't exactly see a lot of goodwill toward the Shade.
Or vice versa.
I do see Anabstercorian pleading for mercy - the Shade give no mercy. The Corrupted Allies of Melkor are offering to defend Anabstercorian because it is in their strategic interest to do so, not because of any altruism. (Melkor can, of course, override me concerning the Corrupted Allies of Melkor ... they are HIS Power, after all. But if he does, the Red Army launches their Coup de Grace against Anabstercorian, and NOTHING will stop them - they remember the sterilization of their world, Luna, all too clearly.)
I also see threats still being bandied about, alliance of fear forming, and other such things.

Oh yeah, it's really a peaceful situation.
I don't think so.

It COULD become a truly peaceful situation, but I require more substantial proof of this than anything received so far.
I see tentative first steps being taken towards peace, yes.
However, I do not see Luna restored - it is still encased in Substare.
I do not see Shade and others living together in harmony.
I do not see real treaties based on trust and compromise.

The Dark Powers have NO intention of letting you off the hook so easily, Creamsteak.
Now that they are so close to victory over all of you, do you think they are going to stop?
No.
They are going to do what it takes to win against you, to ensure you are pulled into Ravenloft.

You have slid so far into darkness (4 Touches) that the Dark Powers can take physical manifestation, and converse with any of you (in secret, too, if I wished it.)

You had better realize these enemies are playing for keeps, mercy is not an option for them, and they will not stop attempting to destroy you.
They already have Melkor.
They are coming for the rest of you.

And you ask, what is wrong? (chuckles)

- - -

Melkor, Lord Of ALL!

Message from Shadow Council to members of Glowing Darkness Pantheon:

-You have propably heard about end of Melkor`s rule over The Shade. New leadership of The Shade won`t follow his mistakes from the past, we prefer Peace over oblivion. We would like to keep our alliance, and we are trying to bring others into it, Anabstecorian has already agreed. United, we shall defeat The Mist and deal with constant threats from Alliance of Oerth, we hope that they will hear the voice of reason and stop their attacks against us.

ANSWER:

Now, this kind of thing, will defeat the Dark Powers.
However, I as DM will not allow you to have it that easy.
The Dark Powers will do all they can to counter peace and reason.
Hatred, anger, fear, the Dark Powers will play upon these pitilessly, until they win or are defeated.

- - -

kaboom

11th level action: create balls of good thought, which makes the Mists go away. (day long action)

ANSWER:

Interesting. It helps, too.
The Mists fall back from the Isle of the Phoenix.
The Mists fall back from all of Kaboom's Sky-Sea League, and they withdraw from the Nations of the Chosen.

Very clever, Kaboom. :)

However, it does not address what a certain Power is doing, spreading Red Goo across hundreds of Crystal Spheres.

Defending myself (level 4 defence).
Attacking no one.

ANSWER:

(chuckles) I will only have to sort through 30 e-mails and read through two threads to find out the Attacks and Defenses for today.

- - -

Mr. Draco

We are not attacking your forces in realmspace. We are using 11th level magic to "enlighten" a large section of the black brotherhood, and those shade that still foolishly support melkor, by changing them into Cydians that they may further work for true peace with their newfound powers. This is not an attack, this is saving lives that we would have had to destroy in the future when they would have opposed us. The faction of shade working against melkor are not being targeted, just the black brotherhood, and all remaining shade loyal to melkor.

ANSWER:

It still counts as an Attack, justified or not.
Remember, an Attack is an Attack is an Attack.

However, a few rounds of Attacks won't pull you into Ravenloft.

Standing by, and allowing one of your own (one of the Powers in the IR) to massacre the inhabitants of hundreds of Crystal Spheres, WILL pull you into Ravenloft.

- - -

zouron

The Eternal Union is attending the peace conference but only in form of Muji Eviri the Diplomatic Officer, she is alone no escort, standard military uniform.

She addresses Hazen

Greetings Lord Hazen, the Eternal Union will not change its current schedule as we cannot forsake justice for a fake peace, that is the Final answer from commandor Zuroji Fujishi.
She bows to Hazen briefly and finds her seat.

ANSWER:

It would appear the Eternal Union still wants Anabstercorian's head.
Anabstercorian killed 5 million of their people.
I shall watch the debate on this one ...

- - -

Mr. Draco

I urge the members of the OA to hold a peace with the new anti-melkor faction. Stop the fighting. Even a temporary peace is better than a lifetime in the domains of dread.

ANSWER:

Good point. Will they listen, though? Did they listen to the Sending of the Angels?

- - -

Melkor, Lord Of ALL!

Mr Draco, vast majority of Shade support anti-Melkor faction, they have had enough of his inefficient leadership, Melkor`s most loyal followers went with him to Ravenloft, and those left have no choice-either change sides or be killed in public mass executions, and I can assure you that their death is not pleasant Any attack, either magical or conventional, against New Shadow Empire on Toril, will cause a full scale nuclear war on this planet.

ANSWER:

(chuckles)

Think as I tell you, do as I tell you, or you will be killed.
If you try to attack us, we will kill everyone.

The Mists like that kind of thinking. :D

- - -

Mr. Draco

quote:

Originally posted by Melkor, Lord Of ALL!
I can assure you that their death is not pleasant

ANSWER:

The Mists like that kind of thinking even better.

This is exactly why we're "enlightening" them before you can kill them. Your way, the mists are fed, and we're all much closer to being pulled into ravenloft, once there, we'll become Melkor's toys. My way, there's one less enemy to fight, and one more power on our side, AND we're no closer to the domains of dread.
It is not meant to be an attack against the shade, just assistance in the elimination of their problems.
Oh, and melkor? Nuclear war threats are vastly loosing their power. Now we have several sides (myself and serpenteye included) that have control of a Torillian faction. A very high-tech very high-magic torillian faction. Remember when Edena said 10th level magic would stop nukes?
Well, we have 11th level magic and VERY high technology. So, we're not as worried about nukes as you'd like us to be. This is not meant as a taunt or anything of the sort, just letting you know so you can change your threats if you want them to be effective.

ANSWER:

Heh. When my characters changed criminals who had committed mass murder into new beings by the spell Metamorphosis, most called that evil.
Of course, the alternative - EXECUTING THEM - wasn't evil. So everyone said.

Mr. Draco is doing, on a large scale, what my character did on a minute scale.
Shade - who have not necessarily committed any crime - who refuse to think the way they are told, and do what they are told, are being forcibly converted into Cydians.
Is this evil?
What does everyone think?

- - -

Mr. Draco

By the way, I really don't think Edena has EVER ignored a post. Yeah, he may miss posts here and there (nobody's perfect), but he's never purposely IGNORED one.

ANSWER:

Correct. Thank you for the support, Mr. Draco.

- - -

Melkor, Lord Of ALL!

Edene, I am using 11th level magic to shield lands of Calimshan, Amm and Tethyr from any mass mind-effecting magic. And Shade are moving their mainn headquaters from Plane of Shadow to Calimport.

ANSWER:

Noted.

- - -

Mr. Draco

Melkor, we're not targeting any of the anti-melkor shade. Just the pro-melkor ones. So, you don't have anything to worry about from us, we're helping you. Unless you don't really want to turn away from melkor?

ANSWER:

(chuckles) Trust is in short supply here ...

- - -

Melkor, Lord Of ALL!

I am perfectly honest in my desire to turn away from myself But really, Dark Power`s proposal for Melkor was very convenient, otherwise I might have been forced to kill him

ANSWER:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Rivalen, was going to kill Melkor?
I don't think so.
I think Melkor would have squashed Rivalen like a giant squashes a bug.

- - -

Zelda Themelin

quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Draco
By the way, I really don't think Edena has EVER ignored a post. Yeah, he may miss posts here and there (nobody's perfect), but he's never purposely IGNORED one.

I haven't ever claimed, that Edena has done this purposely. But he has ignored/missed posts, and some things need clearing out, since some questions about past actions still remain unaswered. That's most there is to that.
Sorry, I am not native english speaker, so I don't know if 'ignoring' automatically applies to 'not caring' or some such, since that's not what I meant.
I am not angry at Edena or anything. Of course I am sure your defense of Edena is appreciated.

ANSWER:

I do not ignore posts. However, sometimes I do miss them.
I do care about the posts.
Unfortunately, as I stated by on Turn 5, the posts were becoming whelming, and I simply cannot reply to every post. It cannot be done.
Now, as for 'o Skoteinos, I have just made a Ruling that Rajaat and his forces have been overthrown, and Athas pacified.

- - -

Zelda Themelin

I am going to miss Melkor. *sniff*.
Well, not that much, but he is so true to being a bad guy.

WARNING:

If you are pulled into Ravenloft, Melkor becomes Lord and Master of you all (with one exception, who I will not reveal.)
You do not want that to happen, and there is a real chance it will happen.

- - -

Mr. Draco

Then you won't have a problem with us dealing with the pro-melkor shade?
Zelda: In english, ignoring basically means "refusing to pay attention to" thus the misunderstanding. Also, don't be sorry you're not a native english speaker, there's no reason to.

ANSWER:

(Watches this debate with interest.)

- - -

Mr. Draco

Edena, did you get the really big email i just sent? (just double checking, you don't have to reply immediately, it's just important that you have it)

ANSWER:

Yes.

- - -

GnomeWorks

Hello, all...

Just wanted to say...

"The Gnome... is back..."

Not that I ever left... but I've been dormant for awhile... not been really paying attention...
But now, I'm back... and with a vengeance, too... we're mad... *grr*...
This is really just a *bump* and an excuse for me to subscribe to the thread... and also a chance for me to simply tell you all that I'm still here... watching, waiting, and plotting insidiously against you all...

RULING:

Then William does not represent your 11th Level Power, the Veiled Alliance, any longer.
William retains control of Dagger's Power, the Kingdom of Ulek, until Dagger returns.

GnomeWorks, you have a real problem.
Someone out there is throwing Red Goo at hundreds of Crystal Spheres, and thus causing you to be pulled into Ravenloft.
Another Power was throwing Black Balls of Negative Emotion around, which ultimately sucked several million into Ravenloft - that has been stopped, but I'm sure that Power will try something else.
The Red Army has broken free of the Shade.
The Black Brotherhood is on the assault, and they have their own Corrupted Allies now.
The United Commonwealth of Toril has no leader (although I am allowing William to dictate their Attacks and Defenses), and the World Forum is abandoned.
The Humanoid Alliance broke away from the UC, and is now allied with the Union of Oerth.
Part of the UC broke away, and is now allied with the Shade.

Lord Melkor of the Shade has gone to Ravenloft, and has his own Domain.
If you are pulled into Ravenloft, he becomes your Lord and Master. Guess what happens to you then?

The rest of the Shade state they want peace.
They have also moved their base of operations to the corrupted part of the UC (Calimshan.)
The UC MIGHT JUST take offense at this action, I would daresay (Wouldn't you take offense, if someone corrupted several million of your people, then plopped their headquarters down in that area of your land???)

Yeah, you have some problems.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
More replies

Anabstercorian

Welcome back, GnomeWorks! It wouldn't be the same without you. I hope we can leave the nuclear incident behind us?
Edena, I'm cancelling my attack on the Shade.

ANSWER:

I'll second that. Welcome back, GnomeWorks, to the Insane IR! :D

If Melkor agrees to it, the Corrupted Allies of the Shade agree to Defend the Penumbral Hub against the Red Army.

The Red Army is launching a Coup de Grace Attack against the Penumbral Hub, attempting to avenge your destruction of their homeworld, Luna.

Of course, if Melkor overrules me ... well, then, you have a problem.

- - -

William Ronald

Anab:

Check the General RPG Discussion forum. I have posted my letter there. It is very important for you. (Edited -- You have already done what I asked, to not attack Melkor. I am only interested now in stopping the two idiots who are sending out black balls and attacking other worlds.)

Gnomeworks, good to see you are staying on.
Edena, check your e-mail. I have something VERY important to ask.

ANSWER:

Will do. As soon as I'm done with this.

"The United Commonwealth of Toril is incensed at the mental warping of some of their citizens by your forces. For the present, we shall tolerate it. Any further actions will be regarded hostilely."
"For the present, there is peace between us. We have no wish to meet that fool Melkor in the Domains of Dread."
"What do you know of the power throwing the balls of darkness that send people to Ravenloft.
It is in our mutual interest to stop this faction."

Hazen issues a statement:

"Lord Rhaumagaum, for the present there is peace between us. We need to step back from the edge of ruin."
"I suggest a complete elimination of all Red Goo and Red Goo creatures. This should help loosen the ties to the Domain of Dread. For now, we are all in the same boat. Let us make sure that we will not sink into a realm where a mad god has been made a power."

ANSWER:

This is accepted - grudgingly - by the people of the United Commonwealth of Toril.
They are not happy that Erika is gone.
They are not happy that the Shade corrupted one of their territories.
They are NOT happy the Shade have made said territory their headquarters.

However, they grit their teeth and tolerate it.

(It is well I ruled William was playing the UC. If I had waited one more day before making my ruling, I would have seen Melkor's post about the HQ, denied William the UC, and stated an Attack against the Shade.)

- - -

Anabstercorian

Actually, cancel that. If any Pro-Melkor Shade remain, and they appear to present a clear and present danger to peace, I'm wasting them. The Anti-Melkor Shade are safe, tho.

ANSWER:

Ah! So you ARE stating an Attack then, Anabstercorian?

- - -

Mr. Draco

Hmm, we had targeted the pro-melkor shade to "enlighten" (read: corrupt as 11th level feat) them. How about you get free reign with the ones we miss?

ANSWER: (chuckles)

- - -

GnomeWorks

Well, if you can leave the attempt on your life behind you, then I think that I can leave the nuclear incident behind me...

ANSWER:

The Mists don't like you, GnomeWorks.
Your busy with that forgiveness stuff. They can't abide that.

- - -

William Ronald

Any attacks I make will be made to disarm and imprison opponents.

ANSWER: Noted.

Anabstercorian, check your message. Also, if you find pro-Melkor people, imprison them and convert them into your PostIllithid race. You can regain some of your lost PLs.
Melkor, do realize that I am being reasonable with Lord Rhaumagaum. However, as I run the UC of Toril for now, don't expect them to be happy about you taking away their citizens. For the present, if you help take us away from the Domain of Dread, you will be left in peace.
Anymore hostile acts will be countered.

Mr. Draco: Check your e-mail.

ANSWER: (watches and listens)

- - -

zouron

*On the lone chair under the Eternal Union Banner sits Muji Eviri, diplomatic officer of the proud union, she looks around, her eye catches Hazen, then she stands and walks over to him handing him a small holocube, a semi magical device used to store visual 3D recordings. then she turns her back to him without a word and walks abck to her chair taking a seat. She reaches the chait but doesn't sit but rather keeps standing like the soldier she is facing the crowd waiting for Hazen to see the Holocubes*

ANSWER:

Heh. Someone else is watching and listening too! :)

- - -

kaboom

All the shade that I have imprisoned have Helms of Opposition put on them with the added stipulation that the affected person becomes a follower of Mystra. These will count as my corrupted faction.

ANSWER:

Done!
We have a new 11th Level Power.
The Corrupted Allies of Kaboom.

- - -

Melkor, Lord Of ALL!

William, message from Shadow Council to Uinted Commonwealth:

-We also don`t wish further conflict, we shall keep lands of Calimshan, Tethyr and Amm as a recompensation for 40 years of persecution.

ANSWER:

(watches and listens)

William Ronald

Hazen subtly nods in Muji Eviri's direction. He glances at an aide, Orrin Rilanth, who walks over to him. Orrin whispers, and Hazen steps aside for a few moments. He leaves the room and returns after a moment. His face is utterly calm.

"I would like to thank everyone for coming here. I must say that I am honored to be in the presence of so many, so brave."

The United Commonwealth sends a message to Lord Rhaumagaum. (Private message)

"Indeed, conflict between us only serves the Dark Powers and a mad fool whom we blame for most of our past strife. You show far greater wisdom than your predecessor. For now, let there be peace and a stepping back from the edge of ruin."
"Lord Melkor would dearly love to have both of us in his tender care. Let us work together on peace, and frustrate him utterly."
"We are fully aware that you are not releasing the black balls that sent many people to the Domains of Dread. It is our hope that the guilty party will be found soon and stopped. Our government offers condolences on your losses from the balls of hate."
"Perhaps in time, we can sweep away our past enmities."

ANSWER:

(watches and listens.)

- - -

Melkor, Lord Of ALL!

OOC: William, Rhamagaum isn`t a current leader of The Shade, High Prince Rivalen seems to be leading The Shadow Council.

ANSWER:

Noted.

- - -

William Ronald

OOC: My mistake, Melkor. Consider the letter to be addressed to High Prince Rivalen. For now, lets say that neither Rivalen nor the UC of Toril will want to visit Lord Melkor's new domains in Ravenloft. Let's say we have common cause now. With survival, everything is possible. Without it, does it really matter who is right or wrong? No one would be left to truly care at that point.
We will have to realistically get rid of the Red Goo. However, you should probably be fine on PLs with your new territories. Good move in plotting to get rid of Lord Melkor. I trust you will try to keep the Shade out of Ravenloft. They might not be welcomed by their former deity. So, we have to try to reverse the touches. Not easy, but we can do it if everyone works together.

ANSWER:

(watches and listens)

- - -

Melkor, Lord Of ALL!

Rivalen to Hazen:

-I demand you quarantee that members of Oerth Alliance won`t strike against our newly acquired territories in Realmspace.

ANSWER:

(chuckles) Demand?

- - -

kaboom

Why did they attack me? I need an explination as to why I shouldn't hit them with all I've got.

ANSWER:

(watches and listens to this dire threat)

- - -

William Ronald

From Hazen to Rivalen:

"I believe the diplomatic term is request. As in you request no strikes against your newly acquired territories by the Oerth Alliance or its allies. In this instance, your request is granted.
Only a fool fights in a burning house. I do not mistake you for Lord Melkor. However, it is to be expected that you shall attempt no more changing of allegiances on any other countries or factions. This is a reasonable request that shall prevent unpleasantness. Also, the same tactic could be used against anyone doing so.

Also, any attempt to extend shadow stuff beyond your territories would not be a wise action.
Indeed, such action by Lord Melkor poisoned the Isles of Woe, a territory of the Union of Oerth. I have recently cleansed the Isles and other territories. You may wish to offer the Union some compensation for the lost use of their lands. Or at least a pledge to respect their territorial integrity.
Similarly, the effort to back away from the Domain of Dread would require an elimination of all Red Waste and the transformation of creatures empowered by it. We advise you to perform your own divinations in the matter. You can probably compensate for the loss of any such power with but a little ingenuity on your part.
I will advise my allies that in the interests of peace, we recognize your recent territorial claims.
As the United Commonwealth of Toril, which formerly claimed the territory, recognizes your new claim, we must respect their decision.
For the present, we must all back away from a pit where a mad god lies in wait for us. The people of Netheril are renowned for their intelligence and shall, I say, the ability to recognize their best interests.
For now, I will encourage peace between you and the entire Oerth Alliance. For my part, I will judge your government on its present and future actions not those of an irrational leader of the past. You deserve to be judged on your own actions."
May there be peace among our peoples, for the good of all."

Sincerely,
Archcleric Hazen of Veluna, President of the Oerth Alliance

ANSWER:

(watches and listens)

- - -

William Ronald

A message is sent to Prince Rivalen:

"We respectfully request that you release any and all prisoners from the attack on the Chosen of Mystra at the request of Lord Thayadon Fasfoni."
"This would be a welcome development to show your commitment to peace. You perhaps should offer an explanation and an apology for Lord Melkor's actions. Perhaps something on the order of we regret the rash actions of the previous government and disassociate ourselves from them."
"If there are no prisoners, I suggest that you enter into negotiations with the Chosen of Mystra and Lord Thayadon Fasfoni on resolving the dispute with him."

A message is sent to Thayadon Fasfoni:

"I am seeking to determine if any of the forces of the Chosen of Mystra are indeed prisoners of the Shade. I have asked them to release any such prisoners and to offer an explanation and apology for such action."

"If there are no prisoners, I suggest that they enter into negotiations on recompensation. For now, we need to have peace. It is in the best interest of everyone."

ANSWER:

(watches, listens, and comes to a final decision about something important regarding Hazen and the Kevellond League.)

- - -

Black Omega

"Indeed, and well said. We have better things to do than fight in this 'burning house'. The Coalition of Light and Shadow agrees to peace. Our next attack against Melkor has been called off. We are simply aiming to uncorrupt those areas where the now departed Melkor cast his vile influence. Our only true enemy are the mists."

The public position of the Coalition of Light and Shadow. In private....

Siobhan growls "I can'y believe he got away like that! The fool! Hiding away in his realm now. Safe and secure." the little fae sighs.

"And helpless." Morre addsfor completeness "He's stuck there, by all accounts. He can't effect us at all."

"Except through his Shades. And you know this has to be a scheme. As if the Shades would turn on their God. I don't believe that for a minute. But..for now. Peace."

ANSWER:

(listens, and makes a note of this)

Remove ads