• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 7 (thread 4)

Black Omega

First Post
Yep,that was heavy. Massive destruction and it's still not done. Alot of hard choices to be made for the next round of defense too. My goodness...

William Ronald

Explorer
Hazen's farewell

Well, as it looks like all my 11th level powers have been disarmed or destroyed, I guess I am done except converting my enemies. Probably not possible, as my powers are dead. Imprisonment was my method of destruction. So, I guess I am out of the IR by the process of elimination. (If Dagger's Ulek state is intact, I will run it unless an Oerth Alliance member wishes to do so.) It has been fun.

A message disk appears before the surviving members of the Oerth Alliance. When touched, the image glows with a pale light.

An image of Hazen appears. There is a somber look on his face, a measure of peace on his aged features.

"If you are seeing this message, I am in all likelihood dead and cast into the Far Realm. I would like to say that it has been my honor and privilege to share my life with you"

"I conceived of the Oerth Alliance as a force where peoples -regardless of their race or past history -- could come together in peace. Despite my death -- and likely the death of my entire people-I urge you to continue the ideals that inspired the alliance. Perhaps the memory of my people will do some good for the future."

"It seems that some factions are hell bent on winning, regardless of the consequences to anyone else -- or themselves. That some people truly believed the Dark Powers did not surprise me; folly seems to be commonplace in most worlds. Indeed, these people remind of those who would poison the beverages at a chess match to ensure that they alone will enjoy the match. If you value the words and deeds of my life, I ask you to build a better future not just for Oerth but for all worlds. Hopefully, the Taraakians will assist you."

"You have a grave responsibility: to build a future that honors the sacrifice of many and the potential of our posterity. As I face death, I am certain that you shall meet this responsibility and likely exceed my expectations. There is more strength and goodness in you than you know."

"I wish you well. There are many things I would have liked to have seen. Yet not all dreams come true. When you think of me and my people, remember that you were loved."

"As for the other great powers, judge them by their actions not just their words. We have heard that the Shade who took over Calimshan, Amn, and Tethyr assaulted the United Commonwealth of Toril. I fear for our ally the United Commonwealth of Toril."

"I wish the people of Oerth, Toril, Krynn, Mystara, Athas and of all worlds well. May days of healing come for us all. May Rao and all the powers of light, good, joy, compassion, and justice bless you all. May that power which the Angels serve bless you. I wish you peace. Fare well. Perhaps we shall meet again in some place where no shadows fall and no tears are shed."

The same message is sent in automated golems, along with all the events of the IR to the Taraakians. All the images also were transmitted emotionally to the Taraakians.

OOC: I doubt that Sollir would want to run good aligned versions of his factions. Or that anyone would trust them if he did. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Oh no, William.
You're not out of the IR.

The Kevellond League was Disarmed, not destroyed.
The Corrupted Allies of the Kevellond League is still a fully functional 11th level Power.

The United Commonwealth of Toril is heavily damaged and Disarmed also, but it is not out. Not yet.
The Corrupted Allies of the UC of Toril is still a fully functional 11th level Power.

Half of Dagger's Power was obliterated, yes.
The slain can be brought back by 11th level magic.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
EDENA: if you're not too busy, could you post how this major victory for good and justice affected the mists?

Uh ... reality check.
Take a look at the results again.

Krynn, devastated.
Mystara, devastated.
Athas, devastated.
Billions killed on Toril.
About 70 million killed on Oerth.
About 50 million more sent to Ravenloft.

And Sollir still has fully functional EVIL 11th level Powers yet.
So does Yours Truly.

Victory?????

You do not have victory. You will have to continue the fight, if you want victory.

Mr. Draco

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
EDENA: if you're not too busy, could you post how this major victory for good and justice affected the mists?

Uh ... reality check.
Take a look at the results again.

Krynn, devastated.
Mystara, devastated.
Athas, devastated.
Billions killed on Toril.
About 70 million killed on Oerth.
About 50 million more sent to Ravenloft.

And Sollir still has fully functional EVIL 11th level Powers yet.
So does Yours Truly.

Victory?????

You do not have victory. You will have to continue the fight, if you want victory.

Looking back on the lists, I just realized i missed about 10 attack results. whoops. nevermind about the victory question.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
No.

I fixed a number of errors in the Resolution of Combat Post after I put it up.

The Kevellond League is still there.
All of it's great mages, clerics, and psionicists capable of 11th level magic are dead and gone forever, however.

Many other Powers are in the same grim condition.

Last edited:

Black Omega

First Post
And we can start moving more of your people into other lands for protection. And like I said, we have alot of choices to make for defense this next day. It's the very least we can do for the League and you, William. Hang tough dude, we're still with ya.;)

And..interesting. 50% of the Unseelie gone good. Since the difference basically between Unseelie and Seelie is alignment...I guess this is a new Seelie group. Hmm..that Ragnarok I was kinda hoping for with the Seelie and Unseelie looks a little more unlikely. And method of disposal for all my attacks is Imprisonment.

Last edited:

Uvenelei

First Post
:eek:

So, with 50% of the Crescent in Ravenloft, and 50% reduced to a fine ash, the whole thing's gone?

:eek:

edit: will post greater reply after sleep has been obtained.

Last edited:

Remove ads