• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Iron DM 2020 Interest Thread

How does Iron DM 2020 Sound?

• I would love to participate, as a contestant.

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • I would love to participate, as a judge.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I can't participate this year, but I'm looking forward to watching!

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • No thanks; it's not for me.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Other (see below)

Votes: 1 7.1%

Rune

Once A Fool
Update: It looks like we’ve got our judges assembled. We will post a link to the recruitment thread here when it goes live.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I've only just discovered this myself. I'd really like to try it, but I've never participated, nor read, nor ever seen, anything of the like (so I've no idea what I'd be getting myself into). I'll try to take a look at the links and see if I think I'd even have a chance of pulling it off.

Count me interested, though!

Wicht

Hero
Add me down as one who doesn't log into the forums much lately,... but I've already told Rune I am good to go for judging!

I look forward to seeing some new blood go up against some of our more seasoned competitors.

Wicht

Hero
Also, for those interested, though I see this is posted in the Dungeons and Dragons forums, its worth noting that we have never forced contestants to be specific as to any rule-sets or even required that the entries be in the Sword and Sorcery genre.

Rune

Once A Fool
Is there prizes? Can I at least rub my success in other people's faces? Can I bring home a trophy?
In order:

1: All rewards are intangible. Reputation, Pride, Self-improvement.
2: Victors are encouraged to do so. Pre-game trash-talking is likewise encouraged.
3: There are no physical trophies, but the champion will be immortalized as The IRON DM 2020.

Last edited:

Rune

Once A Fool
For those of you who don’t know, el-remmen is the original judge who started this whole thing nearly 20 years ago.

And also, the IRON DM Summer 2003.

Last edited:

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
The ex-moderator formerly known as nemmerle.
prince rogers nelson GIF

Remove ads