• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Iron Kingdoms Campaign) Shadows from the Past [Credits]

MEG Hal

First Post
For I am Caltros the Witty....

I am from Point Bourne and served under Galt Bainbridge on the Ravenswatch as a warbard, decided I needed to see more of the land and took off to the City of Five Fingers, I am of average height and weight and am a bard of the highest quality. I am called Caltros the Witty and have lived in other setiings but this is where I land now. I am a flirt and live to have fun, but when a lady's heart is at stake I am in the middle of the battle, as long as I do not get dirty...where is my mirror?

Here is a picture from GF#4 of Caltros it is owned/copyright by MEG 2002-2003 and done by Jeremy McHugh.

Any questions for me...especially from the ladies?

Attachments

• caltros.jpg
    caltros.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

I am Kariff Stone

I hail for a small unnamed village in the Midlunds. When i was thirteen my father put me into the service of a small mercanary band, called the Grey blades, that had holed up in town for the winter. Thier leader, Jerral Grey, took me under his wing. Together we found that my skills lie with speed and agility over sheer brawn. For sometime my weapon of choice was and old Cleft Dagger i bought off one of the othermen in the band, but after one particularly nasty battle i found something much more appropriate. A old Nyss Claymore, it was beat up but still a fine blade. It surved me well for sometime. While i enjoyed life with the Grey blades and learned a lot from Jerral. It became clear that i had no real future there. Still i kept delaying my departure, until one day during a minor battle with some brigands my claymore finally gave out. After that battle i decided it was time to take leave. I booked passage to Five Fingers in hopes of finding a replacement for my sword and to make a name for myself as an adventurer for hire.

I am tall and of thin build, my movements are fluid and nimble. I've also been told i'm a lot tougher then i look. I keep my longish black hair pulled into a ponytail, and keep my face clean shaven. I prefure to aviod armor and offten wear an oversized cloak to help conceal my smaller weapons.

Attachments

• wog26.jpg
    wog26.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 117

Morpheus

Exploring Ptolus
What the...!?!?

With all the earrings, I'm beginning to wonder if this adventuring band is not a tattooed rock band...Can anyone say Guns n Roses?

MEG Hal

First Post
more background on Caltros

I am originally from Point Bourne, grew up in a well to do house for that area, always had a flair for the wild and over the top, my real name is Caltros Blackrune but now I am simply called Caltros the Witty. I have a quick sword but a quicker tongue and always seem to say the right thing to get my enemies flustered and my friends courage to rise. I have served under Galt Bainbridge on the Ravenswatch as a warbard, decided I needed to see more of the land (read got into some trouble over a lady who was laready taken) and took off to the City of Five Fingers, I am of average height and weight and am a bard of the highest quality. I am called Caltros the Witty and have lived in other setiings but this is where I land now. I am a flirt and live to have fun, but when a lady's heart is at stake I am in the middle of the battle, as long as I do not get dirty...where is my mirror?

Morpheus

Exploring Ptolus
Sigurd

Sigurd’s Tale (so far…)

Polaar and Astrid Joachim lived a comfortable, if lower class, life in Caspia. Even so, their reputation within the city to help out those less fortunate was well known. Deeply religious, they devoted their lives and livelihood to their patron deity, Morrow So when they received a sign from Morrow to leave Caspia and venture out into the Midlundian frontier to start a new life, they did not hesitate. It was in a modest frontier homestead where their son Sigurd was born.

Growing up in the middle of nowhere, Sigurd’s early years was very difficult. From the beginning, Polaar had decided that Sigurd was to follow in his footsteps and learn how to use the land and its animals for the glory of Morrow. But Sigurd’s life was following a different path, for he had seen and talked to the soldiers who passed their dwelling as they patrolled the wilderness. They told him tales of exotic places, strange monsters, dangerous adventures and wondrous treasures. Young Sigurd’s mind was set. He would not be content tilling fields and pushing plows anymore!

Sigurd started spending less time in the fields and more time learning combat, using a stick as his ‘sword.’ Polaar was reluctant to admit it, but his son showed more promise as a fighter than a farmer. Deciding that Morrow had other plans for his son, he finally consented to send Sigurd back to Caspia to get proper military training.

The years Sigurd spent in training flew by. Under the guidance of his instructor Tuth Fuller, Sigurd matured into an excellent fighter. Pressed into military service immediately after graduation, Sigurd was sent to Fort Falk. Deciding to visit his parents as their dwelling was on the way, Sigurd discovered that everything he knew as a youth -- his parents, the house, the fields, everything -- was gone. It was as if they never existed.

Arriving at Fort Falk, Sigurd tried to find out what had happened to his parents, but has been unable to uncover anything about their disappearance.

Sigurd left military service after 4 years. He currently is on his way to Five Fingers to see his old instructor and friend Tuth, hoping that he may be able to assist him in his search.

Additional Information:

Known Family: Dela Jachin (Grandmother on father’s side)
Nita Per Shloss (Grandmother on mother’s side)
Gregor Jachin (Cousin)
Seph Jachin (Nephew)

Sigurd’s ability to sense magic is a genetic gift from his mother. The Per Shloss family has had many sorcerers and wizards in its lineage but due to the negative connotations connected with magic, it is not openly discussed.

The Cleft Greatsword Sigurd uses was won in a competition at the military academy. Sigurd has a minor enemy in Dev Dannlyn, the contestant Sigurd fought and defeated in the competition.

Last edited:

Remove ads