D&D 5E Iron Kingdoms Requiem for D&D - Kickstarter 26th January

imagineGod

Legend
1611689023809.png

Sir Brennen

Legend
I backed this and the recent Savage Pathfinder KickStarter. I know Savage Worlds KS's usually release the PDFs shortly after the KS completes, often with a version for backers to help proof before they're sent for printing. I wonder if Privateer Press does the same, or if they'll release when the books ship.

imagineGod

Legend
I backed this and the recent Savage Pathfinder KickStarter. I know Savage Worlds KS's usually release the PDFs shortly after the KS completes, often with a version for backers to help proof before they're sent for printing. I wonder if Privateer Press does the same, or if they'll release when the books ship.
I backed both too. My New Year Resolutions are already shredded and it is still just January ending.

Hopefully, nothing else this popular and significant comes along before year's end.

I'm certainly going to back it - I love the Iron Kingdoms, and even though i have reservations about how manifestly unbalanced character archetypes like warcasters can fit into a 5e game, I'll give it a go anyway.

I have to say the stretch goals are a bit underwhelming so far though.

The first but probably not the last KS that I will back in 2021. Longtime fan of the Iron Kingdoms since back in 3e days. Cannot wait to get the Monsternomican updated for 5e. My players beware!

Weiley31

Legend
Okay: I'll admit I wasn't expecting to see a number of Archons in this. And since I was always big on Archons in 3.0/3.5, I now have a means of adding em back thanks to this and Theros.

And one could reskin Corvis, the City of Ghosts as Manifest.

Sir Brennen

Legend
Looks like it's coming with its own Character Creation rules too.

As an option. Sounds interesting, and probably could be used in other 5E games:

From Privateer Press lead designer Will Hungerford:

"We'll be offering options for original character creation, as well as an alternate system known as Essence. Essence will allow a player to choose a physical or mental archetype such as "Mighty" or "Intellectual" or "Agile" that replaces normal benefits associated with playing a specific race, and uses the Essence benefits instead. So if you want to play a Mighty Gobber, or an Agile Ogrun, or maybe even a Pious Rhulic Dwarf, you will have those options as an alternative."

Wolfram stout

Adventurer
Supporter
This....or The One Ring next month. Not sure I should do both. Twitch. I am about to do some heavy duty rationalizationing. I mean this is for 5th edition which I know I can get my group together to play, where a different system is a hard sale (due to us only gaming a few times a year). The One Ring will probably be adapted to 5th edition in the future, so I could wait. And Privateer Press has some awesome production values.

And if a back this, I certainly need to do it quickly to get the Early Bird special, right?

Aaargh!!!!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases