• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Iron Lords of Jupiter

OK, I'm officially a moron. I picked up Dungeon #101 right off the shelves when it was new so I could get the Iron Lords of Jupiter mini-game, and in the two years(?) since it came out, I somehow missed or forgot or something that the next issue had a continuation of ILoJ material.

What's in the second issue? Looks like it's supposed to be creatures and vehicles? Any feedback? Is that stuff pretty good?
 

log in or register to remove this ad

jezter6

Explorer
I went out and got that first issue as well never knowing that there was a second one...now I'm curious as well.

If I ever do my pulp supers game, I plan on taking them there for a little sidetrack.
 

arscott

First Post
You is lucky. I don't even have the first ILoJ issue.

Paizo should totally do a mini-games reprint like they're doing with their adventure paths. That'd be awesome.
 

delericho

Legend
The issue in question has only five pages of Iron Lords material, dealing with creating alien worlds and alien species. It's good material, but pretty short.
 

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
arscott said:
Paizo should totally do a mini-games reprint like they're doing with their adventure paths. That'd be awesome.

I've posted this request on threads where Erik Mona was posting a number of times, with no reply. I'd love to see this done. However, it seems some of the minigames - or at least bits of them - have made it into various d20 Modern/Future books. Maybe ILoJ will make it into a pulp scifi supplement for d20 Future...if such a thing ever appears.
 

Graf

Explorer
ColonelHardisson said:
I've posted this request on threads where Erik Mona was posting a number of times, with no reply. I'd love to see this done. However, it seems some of the minigames - or at least bits of them - have made it into various d20 Modern/Future books. Maybe ILoJ will make it into a pulp scifi supplement for d20 Future...if such a thing ever appears.
IANEM or anybody who would know his mind but it seemed like the mini-games were removed to boost sales by pleasing the ravening DnD playing hordes who didn't like it.
While the mini-games were/are great this kind of product would not be commerically successful.

But they are doing pdfs now....
Hmmm

(I own just about every dungeon from 90 on or so they are truly and incredable resource.)
 

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Graf said:
IANEM or anybody who would know his mind but it seemed like the mini-games were removed to boost sales by pleasing the ravening DnD playing hordes who didn't like it.
While the mini-games were/are great this kind of product would not be commerically successful.

Your conclusion isn't necessarily valid. Polyhedron was removed from Dungeon, not just the minigames. The minigames themselves could well prove viable on their own - the d20 sourcebooks like Apocalypse or Past are essentially expanded minigames...as are the long-running line of GURPS sourcebooks.
 

GMSkarka

Explorer
Just as a quick FYI, Adamant Entertainment has Lizard (the chap responsible for IRON LORDS OF JUPITER) doing a full-length book for us called MARS, which is a planetary-romance genre product along the same lines as ILOJ, and statted for use with either the standard 3.5 fantasy rules, or D20 Modern.

We're currently shooting for a Christmas release.

It'll be available in both PDF and softcover format.
 

GMSkarka said:
Just as a quick FYI, Adamant Entertainment has Lizard (the chap responsible for IRON LORDS OF JUPITER) doing a full-length book for us called MARS, which is a planetary-romance genre product along the same lines as ILOJ, and statted for use with either the standard 3.5 fantasy rules, or D20 Modern.

We're currently shooting for a Christmas release.
I will be first in line to pick that baby up! Thanks for the tip.
 


Remove ads

Top