• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Iron Man

DM_Matt

First Post
HeavenShallBurn said:
See this movie, just see the movie!!

If you have to deal in blood diamonds and the souls of murdered innocents to get there IT'S WORTH IT!!!

Gee, someone didn't get the message of the movie... ;)

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Holy freaking CRAP was that movie incredible!!!

Seriously, I think this actually ranks as the single best Marvel movie yet made - in my opinion, this beat out all of the Spider-Man and X-Men films. Hell, it even beat Batman Begins. This movie was just THAT good!

Has anyone else heard about how - just like for Marvel's other heavy-hitter movies - they're doing a trilogy of Iron Man films? I can't wait for the next one! I've also heard (and I'm not sure if this is true or not) that Robert Downey Jr. will make a cameo appearance as Iron Man in the next Hulk film.

You owe it to yourself to go see Iron Man. 'nuff said. :D

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I did, and so did most of the people in the theater. Oh man was that ever a kickass easter egg! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
Alzrius said:
I did, and so did most of the people in the theater. Oh man was that ever a kickass easter egg! :D
Only a few at mine did, most everybody left when the credits started rolling. Guess they didn't hear about it.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Mark said:
I am not an Iron Man reader and wonder why it matters that I did not get some of the people's names earlier? Am I missing something about their names that would have made knowing them earlier matter to a non-reader of Iron Man?

It's nothing to do specifically with Iron Man or the comic, just in watching or reading anything in general. To me, if you don't know someone's name, you can't really identify with them quite as well as if you do. You lose a sense of connection to them. It's the difference between saying "Oh, there's that guy again, whatsisname. The funny one." vs. "Oh, here comes Happy again. He's so funny."

It's just a general pet peeve of mine when characters are introduced but you aren't given a name to identify them with.

Especially when introducing something to an audience that may not already be familiar with the characters from some other source, it becomes important to make the characters readily identifiable.

John Crichton

First Post
HeavenShallBurn said:
Did you stick around to see Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury and the reveal of the Avengers movie?
For those who haven't seen it yet, could you spoiler tag that like a poster above you did? Thanks.

Krug

Newshound
Mark said:
I am not an Iron Man reader and wonder why it matters that I did not get some of the people's names earlier? Am I missing something about their names that would have made knowing them earlier matter to a non-reader of Iron Man?

I think you could have the names and it would probably be meaningless to non-Iron Man readers. Would they care about Happy Hogan? Favreau kept it simple and straight and rightly made Downey the focus.

Regarding sequels, I thought the latter part of the film was more setting up what's going to happen down the road. Would be interesting to see how it all ties up together, and I expect
Rhodes to put on that suit at some point.

Remove ads