• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IRR) The Rokugan Industrial Revolution (Thread II)

Creamsteak

Explorer
I'm still considering playing either the Imperials (including possibly the four winds) or the Nagas... so don't forget I could still unload some wrath on the world. Though I tend to always be a good guy. Damn Paladin genes!

Black Omega

First Post
creamsteak said:
Your the expert. I thought there was a Lord Sun and Lady Moon (or maybe I just gender crossed them?). If that's not true, than ignore that part and consider it for something else.
Probably more semantics than anything. There are three Gods-Whose-Names-Cannot-Be-Spoken. They are so distant from this, they can be ignored as well as not named.;) They created Lady Sun and Lord Moon. Things went downhill from there and recently Rokugan ended up with Lady Moon and Lord Sun, Hitomi and Yakamo to their friends. They are the strongest of the thousand fortunes. As with all fortunes, they are revered but not really worshipped with any expectation they'll even notice. It's a show of respect.

Aside from being pointless to kill them, since no one would benefit from it and everyone would suffer, Shadowlands and Rokugani alike. And neither they nor the seven great dragons really get involved in Rokugani affairs. Lord Moon was killed because he was trying to destroy the world, and this left himself vulnerable. Unless you rule someone has decided to try something, they are pretty much untouchable. Epic level spells..eh..maybe..but all spells in Rokugan come from the spirits. Epic level spells would be coming from the dragons, the Sun or Moon.

So, why even stat them, let alone with stats as low as 20 PL.;)

Black Omega

First Post
creamsteak said:
I'm still considering playing either the Imperials (including possibly the four winds) or the Nagas... so don't forget I could still unload some wrath on the world. Though I tend to always be a good guy. Damn Paladin genes!
The Naga can be quite fun. The Four Winds..scary.:) the imperial familes are good npc material since they'd just be trying to keep everything in order.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Just set the 20 PL with +20/+20 to the side then. Of course, don't disrespect the fact that that would be one hell of a formidable opponent.

To arm 40 Normal units with +5/+5 weapons costs 2000 PL from IR. That's quite a bit more than I think any power is going to manage unless this IR gets past turn 10 or something like that. Hell, it could run as long as some story-hours do, if the balanceing and role-playing are right.

The cheapest route would be to get a +2/+2 weapon for a PC and increase his PL to 40... but that still is going to be a pain in the ass to do.

20 PL at +20/+20 is almost impossible for less than 320 PL, because odds are that every turn they fail, the gods take 20 more PL out of the armies total. Not to mention that if someone attacked the gods, next thing you know every player in the IR would join the gods side in the second or third round of combat.

So 20 PL at +20/20 is approximately a level 105 character, with a 12 million gold weapon (about 12,000 PL from IR).If the gods are too much strongerthan that... wow. Not to mention that they could skip thier attacks to cast an epic Dragon summoning spell (Spellcraft DC of 205 because they automatically get the best result on a roll) I could see them having slightly more character levels, in the region of 150 (PL 29) but going beyond that breaks the power level I'm aiming the IR for. Even the gods can be killed, if someone can manage it.

Also, I'm allowing Epic spells because they take so damn much to use, but the results are so interesting. Of course, thier source of power could always get shut off, like a valve, but that's up to the source.

If the Pheonix decided to cast a spell that turned all the crab fortresses to muc (transmutation seed) it would take forever in order to build up the resources to do it. They are perfectly aloud to do it. I think it is reasonable for the scope of this IR.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Black Omega, you still have a license to play any power you choose. You could play the Naga, or the Four Winds, or the Celestial Court of the Dragons...

I wouldn't want other players controlling them, but you have the license to choose. Your a good player, but you also like this campaign setting the way it is more than anyone else. Personally, if I was JUST a player, my plans would change the world five or six phases into another reality. '

I'm not a gud righter, and I don't know anything about row-coo-gan, but you do. Making you a very good person for me to have in the game.

Of course, for the exact opposite reasons I want MR Draco and Anabster to join in this game... so it's a toss up.

Knight Otu

First Post
creamsteak said:

If the Pheonix decided to cast a spell that turned all the crab fortresses to muc (transmutation seed) it would take forever in order to build up the resources to do it. They are perfectly aloud to do it. I think it is reasonable for the scope of this IR.
Agh, my evil plans have been revealed! :( ;) :D
No, just a joke! The Crab are the Empire's first line of defense against the Shadowlands, no reason to turn their fortresses into mud. :)

Creamsteak, are you really ok with the numbers Avariel just keeps tossing up.......? If you are allowing that I, and the rest will just start tossing up huge +xx/+xx bonusses as well and you know it. You should keep +x/+x bonusses very special IMO. For one reason because you saw in Edenas IR what the HUGE effects are they implant on a battle.

Macbrea

First Post
Got to looking at my holdings and noticed a couple of things aren't quite right.

I need to drop these mountains:
Seikitsu San Tama no Oi (Spine of the World Mountains) PL 10 : IR 0
And this town
Pokau (Town) PL 2 : IR 3

I am adding a player character of Bayushi Nori.

This should bring the new look of my list to:

Macbrea - PL 120 + 2 Artifacts
Player Character
Bayushi Nori (Shugenja 20/ Honor 2) PL 3

Artifacts
Celestial sword of Clan Scorpion (+3/+3) Character Bonus
Celestial sword of Clan Mantis (+3/+3) Character Bonus

Clan Families and Shadowlands Groups
Bayushi (Rogue/Bayushi Deciever/Honor 1) Daimyo: Bayushi Yojiro (Male Sam 5/Court5/EmMag 9) PL 9 : IR 23
Shosoro (Ninja/Honor 1) Daimyo: Shosuro Yudoka (Male Ftr 6/Nin 12) PL 8 : IR 18
Soshi (Shugenja/Honor 1) Daimyo: Soshi Uidori (Female Shu 8/Nin 4) PL 2 : IR 2
Yogo (Shugenja/Honor 0) Daimyo: Yogo Koji (Male Shu 13) PL 2 : IR 2
Shinobai Acting Troops (ninja) Daimyo: Bayushi Kanman PL 4 IR 5
Mirumisei Province PL 5 : IR 1
Iha Province PL 5 : IR 1
Gashi Province PL 5 : IR 1
Ado Province PL 5 : IR 1
Tochi Province PL 5 : IR 1
Kawayo Province PL 5 : IR 1
Mimano Province PL 5 : IR 1

Non-Player Characters
Scorpion Clan Champion: Bayushi Yojiro (Male Sam 5/Court5/EmMag 9) PL 2
Bayushi Kanman (male Ninja 6/Bayushi deciever 4/Shadow walker 4 Honor 0)PL 1
Seppun Niomi (Courtier/Bayushi Deiceiver 10/4 /Honor 2) PL 1
Bayushi Tetsubo (Courtier/Bayushi Deiverer 8/6 /Honor 1) PL 1
Yogo Jingo (Shugenja/Courtier/Bayushi Deicever 8/2/4 /Honor 2) PL 1
Soshi Kanman (Courtier 10 /honor 2) PL 1
Bayushi Mori (Courtier 13 /honor 2) PL 1
Bayushi Mitsu (Courtier 10/Bayushi Deicever 8/4 /honor 1) PL 1
Soshi Mako (Courtier 10/Bayushi Deicever 8/4 /honor 1) PL 1
Yogo Yo (Shugenja/Courtier/Bayushi Deicever 8/4/2 /Honor 2) PL 1
Bayushi Hiro (Courtier 14 /honor 2) PL 1

Territories in the West of Rokugan
Shiro Shosuro (Castle) PL 7 : IR 5
Ryoko Owari (City) PL 3 : IR 4
Yogo Shiro (Castle) PL 7 : IR 5
Shiro Soshi (Castle) PL 7 : IR 5
Nihai Tower (Tower) PL 5 : IR 3

Territories in the South West of Rokugan
Shimomura (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
Kyuden Bayushi (Palace) PL 6 : IR 4
Beiden (Town) PL 2 : IR 3
Kagoki (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
Hotei Seido (Shrine) PL 6 : IR 2

Hope that doesn't cause any real problems.

Macbrea

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
I'd like to claim these if possible:

Far Southwest:

Aiso ni Ryokosha (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
Kenkai Hanto (Lookout Peninsula) PL 1 : IR 0

Far Southeast:
* Mura Sabishi (City) PL 3 : IR 4
* Okami (City) PL 3 : IR 4
* Umoeru (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
* Yama ue na ho ni Umi (Village) PL 1 : IR 1

Southeast:
Aketsu (Town) PL 2 : IR 3
* Benten Seido (Not listed?)
* Maigo no Musume Wan (Lost Daughter Bay) PL 1 : IR 0
* Mizen (Town) PL 2 : IR 3
* Musume (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
* Samui Kaze (City) PL 3 : IR 4
* Kawa na Zatu Shudoshi (River of the Blind Monk) PL 1 : IR 0

East:
* Heigen Osari (Plains of the Crane Clan) PL 3 : IR 0
* Kita Chushin (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
* Kosaten Shiro (Castle) PL 7 : IR 5
* Shiro sano Kakita (Castle) PL 7 : IR 5

Xeriar

First Post
creamsteak said:
Black Omega, you still have a license to play any power you choose. You could play the Naga, or the Four Winds, or the Celestial Court of the Dragons...

Hehehe, from the Way of the Dragon:

"If any player is foolish enough to attack a dragon, he will immediately find himself torn to tiny pieces, put back together, torn to tiny pieces again, put back together, torn to tiny pieces, and put back together. This takes only one action."

"There is no limit to the number of actions a dragon may perform in a round."

This is the efffective strength of the Seven Fortunes, the Seven Dragons, and the Seven Kami. They are on a different level altogether...

Typically, the best a normal mortal can even hope to do is slay an oracle. You damn well better be a bad dude of the baddest magnitude, too. These things have the power to erase your very existance - ie, no memory of you may even remain. Not even your own parents.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads