• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Irresistible Force vs. Unmovable Object - Exception Based Rules?

vagabundo

Adventurer
Derren said:
Considering how 4E is designed the thing which is probably most in the spirit of 4E is that the PC wins.
So if the PC is unmoveable he wouldn't move. If a PC uses his irresistible force it moves. If no PCs are involved whatever benefits the PCs more happens.

I really dont think so. I think earlier posts have spelt out how it work.

vagabundo said:
I really dont think so. I think earlier posts have spelled out how it work.
No, I think he's right. Players always win in D&D 4. It's definitely a lot more fun this way, and also simpler to adjudicate. If in doubt, grenade it out, it's a players call, which means auto-win.
Most 4E adventures will begin with the words: "Now that you have saved the princess from the evil Grand Vizier, and defeated the demon hordes of CertainDoom, " and end with the words "you get <insert XP number sufficient to gain one level>, and 2 magical items of level <appropriate level>". The other part of the adventure book is full of feminine looking men with spiky hair and female dragonborn with big boobs. And pictures of dragons that sit on a pile of dust in their lairs.

Last edited:

DandD

First Post
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
The other parts of the adventure is full of feminine looking men with spiky hair and female dragonborn with big boobs. And pictures of dragons that sit on a pile of dust in their lairs.
Oh dear, why did you invoke that image? :p

Saitou

First Post
Belphanior said:
Ok, pet peeve of mine but...

Shift is the new name of the 5' step.
Slide is forcing movement upon somebody.

I realize they sound similar, just like Burst and Blast, but they're not the same thing.

Thank you.
Shifting is any movement that does not provoke Opportunity Attacks. A character can shift one square as a move action or a kobold can do so as a minor action.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads